main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Collector's Trade Proposition

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Ryallt, Jan 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryallt

Ryallt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2001
    Hi folks. Got a little proposition for the collectors out there.

As y'all may or may not know, we're in the process of making a fan film serial called Star Wars: Legacy. If you're not familliar with it, please feel free to drop by the Legacy web site ( http://www.starwarz.com/swlegacy/ ) and pay us a visit.

We've just started the process of putting together costuming and his a bit of a snag. A... financial snag. The money I was going to use to buy some costuming materials we need had to be spent on repairing the family car *sigh*. I really don't want any more delays, and there are a couple of things I need that I suspect the average SW collector would have.

Here's what I propose:

I need a standard Don Post Admiral Ackbar mask and hands. The mask is going to be altered for the production, which is why I'm offering a trade rather than asking for a loan.

What I am offering in return is the stand-up store display from the pre-Special Edition video release of the SW Trilogy. It's the "half Vader head" one, which you can see in this picture:

http://www.starwarz.com/swlegacy/photo_album/living_room1.jpg

It's in quite good condition (some edges are a little worn), and is currently packed in the original box from the store with the instruction sheet still intact.

I understand these things are quite collectable, though I honestly don't know what it's worth.

The Don Post Ackbar mask runs around $40, and the hands around $30, so I think it's safe to assume this rare store display is quite a fair trade.

Drop me an email if you're interested in either trading an Ackbar mask & hands, or buying the display for enough money to allow me to purchace them. I'm located in North York, and the aforementioned car is now repaired, so transportation isn't a problem =)

Kevin Blades
    swlegacy@starwarz.com

ps--If I'm mistaken and the display is not worth the trade, I'm also willing to part with other bits of the collection seen in the photo. It's all pretty much POTF stuff, unboxed. I have a few unboxed vintage figures (including a complete Yoda) and the ATAT in the pic is vintage. It's all negotiable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.