main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena NCAA Baseball/Softball

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue...Jedi, Feb 10, 2007.

1. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson beats George Mason 14-0

2. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    JMU BASEBALL GAME AGAINST GEORGE WASHINGTON POSTPONED

Junior Joe Lake and the Dukes will now open the season in Tampa on Friday against Ohio State.

HARRISONBURG, Va., Feb. 20, 2007 ? James Madison University?s scheduled baseball game against George Washington University on Wednesday in Harrisonburg has been postponed due to winter conditions on the field. The game has been rescheduled for May 15 at 4 p.m.

The Dukes have already had four games affected by snow and ice in the Shenandoah Valley. A three-game series against Fordham last weekend was cancelled. JMU will now open the season on Friday against Ohio State, a team receiving votes in national polls, in the opener of the Buckeye Classic at the New York Yankees Player Development Complex in Tampa, Fla. The Dukes will also face Seton Hall and Kansas State in the tournament. The home opener for JMU will now be Tuesday, Feb. 27 against Maryland at 2:30 p.m.

JMU Baseball and the New York Yankees, I really don't know what to say, or which emote to use! [face_help]!

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Carolina, now 5-1 on the season, opens at home this Friday at 3 against Eastern Michigan, a bunch of my friends and I will be there for it. Hopefully it'll be nice weather

4. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson plays host to Pacific this weekend

5. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I attended my first game of the season yesterday, a 6-0 win for USC over Eastern Michigan. They're slated to play a doubleheader today because its supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I'm probably going to at least the first game of the doubleheader.

Starting pitcher Harris Honeycutt looked good out there yesterday with a nasty curveball, throwing 7 shutout innings with 9 strikeouts, and only really getting into any trouble in the 7th (bases loaded, 1 out, followed by back to back strikeouts). When Arik Hempy (who should be the ace of this pitching staff) returns from injury, which should be in March, Honeycutt's probably the only other lock (as of right now) to stay in the weekend rotation. Jay Brown and Mike Cisco (who will both pitch today) should compete for the third spot. Also, one of the freshmen who pitched the last two innings (Nick Fuller) had an outstanding breaking ball that he seemed to have pinpoint control of. If he keeps that up, he's going to be a really good pitcher.

Impression of freshman RF(/3B?) Lonnie Chisenhall.... dang, he's an athlete. Tall, good build, good speed, and a great bat.

Also really nice to see that out of 10 starters yesterday (9 batters + pitcher), we had 1 freshman, 5 sophomores, 3 juniors, and only 1 senior (LF Cheyne Hurst, who will share time there with fellow senior OFs Jon Willard and Robbie Grinestaff, who may also see time at DH). I like that youth on the team, as it means most of them will certainly be back next year.

6. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    a 6-0 win for USC over Eastern Michigan

the paper said it was 11-0

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ummm... USC beat Western Kentucky 12-0 a couple weeks ago, but yesterdays game was very definitely 6-0. Not sure where those other 5 runs came from :p

Starting pitcher Jay Brown struggled in the opener of today's doubleheader, which I just got back from, giving up 5 runs in 4.1 innings, while USC's offense looked stagnant most of the night, resulting in Eastern Michigan taking a 5-2 lead into the bottom of the ninth, giving up a couple runs to make it 5-4 before catcher Phil Disher, who struggled defensively most of the afternoon, launched a shot over the wall just to the right of center for a walkoff grand slam, ending the game in exciting fashion.

Good crown there, pretty full, but there won't be nearly as many for the second game, since USC basketball has Senior Day tonight (though its not actually the last home game, so I don't know why its tonight..).

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Conference season coming up soon... its been a good season so far. Most notable for SC are two wins over Clemson, including a 12-0 shutout at Clemson a week and a half ago.

I wish I'd gone to the game this past Saturday, as the starter for the opposing team (Brown) was someone I knew well (actually in math competitions) from high school. If I'd known he was starting in advance, I would have, instead of hearing his name/HS as I turned on the internet radio to listen to the game He didn't do too badly, given that he's a freshman making his second collegiate start against one of the best lineups in the country, but we didn't have too much trouble, either.

9. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson has been disappointing so far. We play Duke this weekend.

10. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson plays USC tonight at Doug Kingsmore. I think we will do a lot better, maybe not win still though.

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    USC hasn't done as well as hoped in SEC play so far, though they're clearly still one of the top teams.

Should be a good game tonight, and likewise next Wednesday, when they play again here.

12. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    The game was just cancelled and rescheduled for April 25

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Threat of Inclement Weather... usually you wait until said weather arrives before canceling, but ok.

14. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    a nice 14-5 win over South Carolina. We now must win the upcoming series against GT

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Still, Carolina wins the season series 3-1 against Clemson, including that lovely 12-0 shutout at Clemson earlier this year. That was absolutely beautiful.

16. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    ok, ok

Impressive win last night GT has us to our last strike in the 11th and the rally began ending in a walk off homer for Hogan. That was a huge win, but the lack of hitting is still disconcerning.

17. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    College baseball!!! Yay! Uh, what's that? :p

lemme check my college baseball video game from ea. uh huh, oh, CSF's got a good team. and so does USF (meaning san francisco). Oh wait, that was 2 years ago, so I have no idea how good (or bad) those respective teams are.

I'm not going to comment on UC Berkley, seeing as they suck right now...

18. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    CSF is a tradional powerhouse but USF, no

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    ...and the conference tourneys have begun

Carolina beat Florida in 12 innings yesterday but lost to Arkansas today, their pitcher was absolutely outstanding.

20. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Season over for Florida. Back to back losing seasons after getting to the CWS championship in '05. I think MacMahon is on the hot seat.

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Arizona State is the Pac-10 champion, and just completed one of their best regular seasons in Pat Murphy's tenure.

ASU baseball is probably the most successful major athletic program in the state of Arizona, be it professional or college. Five titles, a lot of CWS appearances, just three coaches in the past 50 years or so, and some great players over the years. I regret not going to some games. Packard Stadium is (like the rest of ASU) just down the road from me, albeit five miles away.

22. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Carolina survives the elimination game against Florida (and as Dan notes, likely ended Florida's season as it will most likely keep them out of the tournament), but would have to beat Arkansas twice tomorrow to advance.

23. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    we can not expect to do well in the regionals if we continue to loose games 3-2 to teams to Wake Forest

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Carolina falls to Arkansas again today; Clemson facing Florida State this afternoon.

USC loaded the bases with no outs in the 8th while down 2, but ony scored one.

25. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    USC loaded the bases with no outs in the 8th while down 2, but ony scored one

sounds like something Clemson would do