main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena NCAA Baseball/Softball

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue...Jedi, Feb 10, 2007.

1. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    1.Coastal Carolina
    2.Clemson
    3.St.John's
    4.VCU

We can win this regional, although im scared of St.Johns because they are unknown if we take the regional we will most likely have to face FSU, again

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    USC faces Wofford for their first game in the Columbia regional... might see about trying to go to that game, but I don't know. NC State and Charlotte are the two and three seeds here. Winner to play the winner of the UNC bracket, which includes North Carolina, East Carolina, and Western Carolina. "Carolina" won't mean much there :p

3. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Both NC State and Charlotte have great pitching staffs

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    and Wofford has some kid that has hit 27 homers this year

5. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    for fun
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/cws/bracketchallenge/2007/

6. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    we were lucky to pull out a 3-2 win today over a good pitching Red Storm team

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    USC over Wofford 9-1, up next: Charlotte

8. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Texas blew it for the second year in a row in their own regional. [face_sick] We didn't have the pitching to dig out of the losers bracket, but I would have expected our bats to be a bit more alive in the post season. Bah.

9. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    FSU turns in its annual nose dive. Well done, Nolies!

10. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson beats Coastal 15-3 to advance to the Super Regionals. We will face Mississippi State who upset FSU witha good chance of us hosting. This may be a little early but we will be "back home in Omaha"

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Carolina needs to beat Charlotte once in two tries to advance to the supers... down 1-0 in the 3rd inning right now, but have been on a rain delay for the last two hours.

12. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson will face South Carolina in the first CWS game if they both make it that far

13. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    also I must credit myself in picking UC Irvine to come out of Texas's regional, I have the Anteaters going one step further and into the CWS

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yep... wouldn't be the first time Clemson and Carolina have faced each other in Omaha. Though its still a bit early, as both teams still have a bit left to play to get that far.

15. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    winners picked in bold:

Texas A&M at Rice
    Oklahoma State at Louisville

Clemson at Mississippi State

South Carolina at North Carolina

Michigan at Oregon State

UCLA at Cal State Fullerton

Mississippi at Arizona State

UC Irvine at Wichita State

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Arizona State won 4-3 tonight thanks to a 3 run rally in the bottom of the 9th. I wish I could have been at Packard Stadium for the game.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Clemson fell in two games to MSU; I'm actually quite surprised by that, as I thought Clemson would at least take one and had a solid shot at winning.

USC had a 6-0 lead in game 1 against UNC before blowing it and losing 9-6 (Curt Johnson struggled out of the pen, closer Jeff Jeffords came in but couldn't throw a strike (9 balls, 2 strikes I believe). USC currently leading 8-5 in the second game, which will have to be finished tomorrow due to inclement weather. Hopefully South Carolina can hold on to that one and win another one tomorrow as well.

EDIT: anyone here should be able to know what I mean, but I guess I can't just say "Carolina" when its USC vs UNC :p

18. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Arizona State is on its way to Omaha, as they swept Mississippi at Packard Stadium today.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    USC held on to beat UNC 8-6 in game 2... but lost 9-4 in the final game, ending their season and sending UNC on to Omaha. Hopefully most of this team will be back next year - its a very young team, though several juniors were drafted. I hope they come back for their senior seasons, because if they do, Carolina will only be better next year.

20. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Those were some really good games. USC caught some tough breaks on a few balls, including two balls that went off the pitchers that resulted in big runs. The one in Game 1 that the pitcher swiped and put a weird spin on that spun away from the SS was a sick ball.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, I got to watch most of the first game, but thats it. What surprised me most, I think, was the number of errors by shortstop Reese Havens, normally a terrific fielder but he seemed to really struggle out there in the super regional for some reason.

22. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Arizona State is my pick to win it all right now and UNC to be runner up

23. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Arizona State is also my pick, and not just because they're my hometown team.

24. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson's season was cruel this year. Preseason #1, struggled for most of the year with close pitching duel losses throughout the year. But they were able to play well toward the end of the year to bring our hopes up...before smashing them with a dismal pitching display (which was our strength during the year) in the Super Regionals.

I would like to see ASU or the UC Irvine Anteaters to win it. I would not like UNC, Cal State Fullerton, Rice, Oregon State, Mississippi State or Louisville to win it.

25. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    We can have CWS icons, but DVEditor has requested that someone either PM him or drop by the Icons Thread in Comms and keep him updated when a team has been eliminated so he can remove the icons. I'd do it, but I'm leaving in a few days for a vacation and probably won't see a game or a computer for about a week. Would anyone care to volunteer to do that?