main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

College Life in Mass.

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Darth-Seldon, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Next year I will probably be attending the College of the Holy Cross.

I was wondering if there were any college students around. I've been around most of the famous/common colleges up there. Harvard, BU, BC, Bently, Holy Cross, and MIT.

A lot of friends are going to Northeastern, one is going to Leslie, and one to Simmons. I also have a cousin at BC.

-Seldon

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Kaylle and I are both at MIT. Other than that, I'm not sure if there's anyone around here attending MA colleges.

3. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I loved the MIT location and campus.
    While looking at BU, we drove the car across the river and went through the MIT campus.

I'm signed up for Political Science, pre-law. I might double major in Poli Sci and English.

-Seldon

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Good luck at Holy Cross, the campus is beautiful, my dad went there for college. Holy Cross would have been on my list of colleges to apply for if they had a nursing program (unfortunely they don't).

5. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm at Harvard, though I have yet to do anything with the Rebels. Cambridge is a nice little place, student-friendly in every way except where the wallet is concerned.

I fear I do not know Holy Cross -- where is it, exactly? And best of luck to you, Seldon. I say do pick up the English; it's such a versatile major, and I cacn't really imagine how I wrote or really even thought particularly well before what I picked up in my English classes. Me, I' doing a joint concentration in English and French, with my sort of unofficial focus being the Middle Ages/Early Modern period. It's a good time, though I'll have to work out how to turn it into something someone will want to hire at some point.

-Paul

6. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    College is for nerds. Join the military like I did. Now there's the way to go. :D

7. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    College is for nerds... and we're on a Star Wars message board. [face_devil][face_beatup]:p

8. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    HC is on a hill in Worcester
    Their website is here, http://www.holycross.edu/

The city isn't the best, but the campus is great.
    I'm conflicted over the majors, It is between Political Science, History and English. I might double major in two of them, or minor in one of them. I also want a major that looks good for Law School.

-Seldon

9. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Maybe, political science or English would look good for Law school, but I don't know anything about law school.

10. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm at umass amherst right now, just about to graduate. HC is in woostah, near WPI (worcester politechnic institute). My bro went to HC, and I have some friends at WPI. HC has a lot of wealthy people, and worcester has some nice bars. Its one of the bigger cities in MA. (Boston, Springfield, Worcester). I think you'll like it, there is a good campus life, and bars around worcster, along with shows. UMass is more a campus oritented party/social scene. Its called Zoomass for a reason.

You'll have fun there if you don't mind popped collars and ugg boots. hehe jk

11. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    i agree, there are so many people at my school that have poped collers at my school.

12. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Stupid trends.

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Yeah HC for the most part is comprised of affluent prep kids. I'm prep, but I'm middle class.
    Not that it really matters.
    I'll be there mostly for the academics, I don't know how much partying I'll be doing (my guess is very little.)

-Seldon

14. Cherijo

Cherijo Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Ummm, I just joined the list. And I go to Bu!

15. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Welcome Cherijo! If you have any questions, feel free to email/PM me. :)

16. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards. :)

17. Cherijo

Cherijo Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Thanks ya'll!

18. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Wow, somebody who actually lives in Boston too. I live right by BU in Kenmore Square, and go to the Art Institute of New England in Brookline.

19. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    I go to school out at umass amherst, but i live in south brookline :) Gunna be moving to allston/brighton soon! (graduating)

20. Cherijo

Cherijo Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Hey that's great! I live in the Fenway/Kenmore area (Park Drive) in one of BU's lovely(j/k) "on campus" apartments... We all should get together sometime! Be prepared to party Rogue-Girl if you are moving to Allston ;)

21. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Haha, I already go to a lot of the bars there anyways. A lot of my friends live there. I love the last drop, lol, and the kells monday nights beirut tournaments.

22. Cherijo

Cherijo Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Oh yes... I love Tonic, Last Drop is great as well, the majority of my friends live out in Allston around Harvard/Comm Ave area!

23. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    The Common Ground has Monday Simpsons nights, i believe.

24. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Oh they do? sweet! I have only watched a pats game there on sunday. I went to Tonic for the first time last winter break - it was awesome! I also like the sunset grille for yummies. And T's pub, haha. My brother use to live across from the Drop, and one of my friends still lives nextdoor to it, so it is our little watering hole, i love it. haha :) SoHo is pretty cool, if you feel like dancing.

25. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Sunset Grille has some good food, and cheap! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.