main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

College Student Writer's Union: Life on campus the fan-fiction way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KnightJaina, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I just got a 70 on a calc quiz. [face_worried] The book makes no sense, and I'm relying on Calculus for Dummies to keep me alive. It seems that I shall be headed to the TA's hours to beg for help...

2. Rau_Fang

Rau_Fang Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Calculus was the worst! I'm so glad I haven't had to take any math since my first year. I'd much rather write stuffs. I'm in a children's lit. class and I'm planning on writing my own book for the class. I'm pretty excited. I doubt it'll be a fan fic work though :p

Moving out of New York and back to school was really stressful so I haven't been around recently. I'm sure everybody here probably feels the same way though.

I miss it on the boards, ya know?

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I didn't get the same room as last year and it's I hate my new room. There's damp damage in my bathroom and there's nowhere for me to plug my microwave in so I can't use it. It's not a problem with my room exactly, but my internets haven't been working at all until it was finally fixed today.

Also, I might be homesick. I miss my puppy! :_|

4. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Ah, moosemousse, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that! Do you get to go home often or is college really far away?

I finally got internet access in my house so now I can get on with my fanfic research, woo! It's all going pretty well so far. Today I joined a few clubs and the sci-fi and fantasy society and I might even be running for postgraduate rep... it's looking to be an interesting year!

5. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Scifi and Fantasy society is truly wonderful here. However, I wasn't quite aware that Treasurer means also Absorber of Bureaucratic Nonsense. I'm in the middle of a budget mess since people forgot to tell us about our accounts and money situation, and trying to clear that up before our new budget kicks in...
    There's never a dull moment here.

Calculus textbook has gotten even stupider, if that's possible. I think I just turned in the snarkiest ever quiz imaginable. But my other classes make sense!

And I finally ordered Empire at War for my computer. It's an awesome game, which automatically means I shouldn't be playing it, especially not now when I have so much homework. Is it fall break yet?

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I tend not to go home, though it's under an hour drive away. I'll be fine though, I have a load of picture of my perfect puppy, and lots of fond memories. :)

Yeah, that's a good thing about having an internet connection, lots of research potential. I've got some nameless characters I couldn't name because I couldn't access a name generator. [face_blush]

7. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Well guys and gals its official, Organic Chemistry may make me go to the dark side. Seriously all I want right now is to take a lightsaber to the test I just bombed. [face_frustrated] Now I'm sitting in my dorm room, drowning my I hate chemistry blues by eating lunch and waiting for my next class, which happens to be the organic chem lab (doing okay in there so far). :( Not a good start to the week.

8. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Aww, jaded_jewel, I understand. I think I need to take a lightsaber to my Calc textbook, and I know I spectacularly bombed the test. At least I get another day to worry about the take-home portion.

Today we got Mountain Day, our surprise holiday from class on a beautiful fall day. I went apple-picking, and now it's time to finish all the homework I didn't do over the weekend...

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    My internet connection has died again! :_|

I'm hoping it'll be fixed soon, I get way too bored without having internet access. I also can't look up stuff that I suddenly think of. :(

10. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Wow, it's been AGES since I dropped by here. I wish I could say that college has been keeping me busy, but really, I've just been horribly lazy. How's everyone doing?

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    To spare you the details, I'm not doing so good. Health problems, some uni problems, and such. It's sapping my creativity. :(

12. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh no, that's no good. I hope you feel better soon and that things improve! [:D]

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Me too. I just need less stress and more awesome this year. I'm just glad I can resubmit this epic report from last year, though I'll be tweaking it to make it better. It only got 48% and I want to get at least 60% this time. [face_tired]

14. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    So, has everyone survived finals?

15. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Miraculously, I managed to survive both finals and NaNoWriMo! [face_tired]

Now, I just need to get caught up on my fic, and finish the NaNo novel. Unfortunately, work has been insanely busy and I'm not forseeing a sizable break until maybe next week. Between choir, Christmas shopping, and packing for a move closer to campus, my schedule is swamped. My inner-snowboarder is loudly protesting the lack of slope time, especially now that we have a ton of snow!!! :(

However, I hope everyone has a Blessed Christmas!!! :)

~Celeste

16. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Hey guys and gals! Hope that finals went well for everyone. I passed Organic Chemistry so I'm having a great Christmas Break! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Take the time to relax and catch up on your fanfiction reading. :)

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't have finals until Jan/Feb so I'm still alive. :)

I am, however, mostly cold. I'm staying with my parents for Christmas and their house is freezing. I can wear three layers and still feel cold. :(

On a plus, I'm loving that the cats and puppy are here, and we have snow today! I must do my Uni work though, but I don't want to. D:

18. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm still alive after finals, though I find this hard to believe. And home with my crazy family... I though I left all that stress and nonsense at school! Well, apparently not... and I have a lack of Internet while home, so I'm relying on libraries and neighbors with wireless. It's getting annoying.

Next semester has to be better than this one. Especially because I'm planning to take three geology classes. I might go crazy, but it'll be fun.

19. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Hi guys, long time no see. Guess I'll reintroduce myself first. I'm Sil/Caroline, posted some fics here back when I was in high school, which was a few years ago. I'm currently a junior in pharmaceutical science, and my curriculum does not get along with fanfiction very well, so I've not been seen around here in forever.

I'm through with the last of my grad school applications. I reeaally wanna go to a good one. Next semester, I'm doing 5 creds worth of medicinal chemistry, some pharmacokinetics (tough one to spell), some immunology, and some stats. Maybe if I get lucky, my advisor will be able to get me into a fun French class on top of that.

Anyhow, merry belated Christmas and happy early new years!

SithGirl, geology sounds like fun.

So, how does the spring sound for the rest of you?

20. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    The spring actually looks pretty good for me, despite taking 19 credits. I only have one class to take that's not in either of my majors or my minor. The rest of it is all part of my fields. I'm really happy about that, especially since I'm a freshman.

My schedule is a bit nuts though, and I'm going to have to work on Saturdays because I'll only be able to get in 11 hours of work during the week. It'll be pretty hectic, but its totally worth it.

~Celeste

21. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    Spring looks a little crazy. I have to finish my grad school applications, write my senior thesis, and then figure out what I'm doing over the summer as well as get funding sorted out. My classes other than the senior seminar don't look too bad, but one of them is a science, so there's going to be a fair amount of work attached.

22. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    I might just die this spring- geology is fun and a wonderful major, but it's also a lot of work. I pretty much need to finish as much of my major as possible so I have room in my schedule to write an undergraduate thesis next year, which may be the death of my fanfic (I hope not!).

More German, three geology classes, and riding. And deciding whether to go straight to grad school or go to work. Recruiting or GRE's and applications... either one will be crazy. Oh well, what did I expect...

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    My semester is actually looking kinda fun. Most of my classes sound interesting, and I'm only taking 15 credits again (and no Friday classes - woohoo!!).

You guys are making me glad I'm done with science requirements 8-}

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Good luck on that. May we both get the grad school stuff sorted out asap.

SithGirl, good luck on that. How many years do you have until you graduate? Don't worry too much about those GREs. math is really easy and reading is mostly vocab.

Undergrad thesis sounds hard. I had to write term papers and those were the death of me. X_x. I really hope it doesn't kill your fanfics. You're a good writer and we don't need to lose another one to this fanfic killer called college science work. German and riding sound like a lot of fun. I miss having foreign language classes.

I swear, I can hardly even do one-shots with the combined stresses of getting a summer job, grad school apps, and medicinal chemistry classes. And I thought life would get so much easier after sacificing 1 year to get good grades in prepharmacy/pharm science requirements.

NYcitygurl, you are very lucky. Between two of the classes required for my major for the next spring, which I cannot switch around, as these pharmacy classes have a huge lot of prereqs and are offered only once per semester, this kid here's got classes at 8:30 mon-fri.

I really hope you enjoy your semester and get to write.

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Feel free to call me Nat :) And that sucks - I have 8's and 9:30's, but I'm loving the Friday completely off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.