main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

College

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Nsync-Boy, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    College is easy! You just paste different pictures together.

If I can do it, anyone can

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Common Townsfolk (Adam Sandler or Rob Scenider): "YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU CAN FREAKIN DO IT!!!

3. shine

shine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 1999
    All right, here's all you need to know:

Classes-nothing before 11. Beer-it's your best friend, you drink a lot of it. Will you have a car? Someone on you hall will. Find them and make friends with them on the first day. Women-you're a freshman so it's pretty much out of the question. Anything else?

4. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    I teach at Blinn College. And the reason most students take 12 hours is so they can stay on their parent's insurance. It has nothing to do with what we consider full time. Our state has decided that 12 hours is full time.

5. Sebastian_Updike

Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002

University is quite easy, not to mention fun, my musically talented friend.

6. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    How hard college is depends on your major. If you don't want to think too hard, try psyc, anthro, american cultural studies, or if you're a hippie, enviornemtal studies. If you want to major in a science (math, physics, chem, bio) it's going to be a lot of work. Labs take up a lot of your time.

It also depends on your school as to how hard the grading is. At harvard 50% of the students graduate with honors. At my school it's 20%. We also have one of the lowest average gpa's in the counrty. If you're into easy grades, check it out with the students that go there.

7. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    If you're into easy grades, don't go to Wake Forest. It has one of the toughest grading systems in the country. ::whimper whimper worry::

Hey, I thought over 80% of Harvard students made all A's and B's because of some ridiculous grading curve and the new president was trying to change that. (?)

8. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    College is as hard as you want to make it.

9. Mike_Mothma

Mike_Mothma Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2001
    College is NOT that hard! Don't be intimidated, college is a lot of fun. I just finished four years of college plus a year or two of grad school, and I hated leaving. The REAL WORLD is what you should truly be afraid of!! (And I don't mean that dead horse of a TV show on MTV) In fact, I want to go back to that blissful, sheltered existence!

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The hardest part of college is learning to balance your academic life with your "real" life. You know how in high school you could only work specific hours because they didn't want it interfering with your grades...no longer. Now that you're considered (by many) to be a full-fledged adult, they don't care if you have finals this week or not. On the other side, your professors won't care that you didn't read the entire book because you're working 15-20 hours a week.
    Add into that a social life, and you will quickly find that most of your "free-time" is gone with all new responsiblities.

Now that I've probably scared every high school senior out there, let me tell you if you have any common sense, you'll catch onto this juggling act just fine. The key to all of this is "don't stress;" I should be grey from all the times I worried about stuff for days. I didn't even enjoy my graduation much because I was afraid a professor was going to fail me, and not actually graduate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.