main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

college

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Arwen_Evenstar, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I was thinking about college and being bored, so I decided to create a thread about college. *wild applause*

Okay, so maybe it doesn't deserve a standing ovation ;) Anyways, I have to pick a college this summer, and I know I'm not the only one (*waits for OWA to appear*).

What are your thoughts? :)

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    :D I'm here!

At the moment, I still don't know. Part of me wants to go away somewhere exotic (yeah right, like that is going to happen), but another part of me is saying "go to UNL, go to UNL." ?[face_plain] I am really unprepared for all of this. I have a hard enough time dealing with all of my classes, let alone choosing a college and apply for scholarships. [face_plain]

Edit: what colleges were you thinking about?

3. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    My parents would be thrilled if I went to UNL, and I'm considering it, but I'm also thinking about Georgetown in Washington D.C. But the only way I'd be able to do that is if I get really good scholarships!

What are you going to study? I'll prolly go into Political Science or International Relations or something. I think I want to go into diplomacy or something. I wanna be Padme when I grow up! Then people can say "She's a politician, and not to be trusted." ;)

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    [face_laugh] Then people could say you are untrustworthy and mean! [face_mischief] j/k

Um, I'm looking at Pre-Med right now. [face_plain] Yep, I want to be an Anesthesiologist. [face_plain] It will take a lot of time... I always would dream about going to a good, well known college, but I received a D+ first semester this year. :mad: My counselors said, "Go to UNL. Competitive schools would throw your application out!" :_|

5. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    :( That's too bad! But you shouldn't let that discourage you! Reach for your hightest dreams :D

edit - girl who wants to go to an expensive, prestigious college can't spell [face_blush] that should be "highest"

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I think I still will, yet I am so afraid of defeat. That D+ was my first grade ever that was below a B. [face_plain]

:_|

7. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm afraid of defeat too. [face_plain]

We should form a support group!!! ;)

btw, I'd be a nice politician :p

8. Shumaza

Shumaza Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    I hate school i just plan on getting my GED and going to chef school more than likely.

9. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Chef? Cool :)

I cook... occasionally... ;) (I'm not a bad cook, I promise!)

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Oooh, it was like my dream to be a chef when I was little. [face_plain] Too bad I out grew it and realized that I probably couldn't handle it?I would be trying to eat all of the food! ;)

11. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    [face_laugh] Yeah, I guess you'd better not be a chef, OWA :p

My sister almost refuses to watch cooking shows with me b/c I keep up a running commentary. It's a bad habit of mine - I'm really bad with commercials. Sometimes you just have to comment on things...

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    [face_laugh] Me too! My sister is always getting mad at me for my critiques of commercials. She always says something like, "Ugh, John, it is only a commercial!" :p

13. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Anyways... about college ;)

Georgetown doesn't give academic scholarships :_| Neither do Yale or Harvard.

Oh well, there's always UNL... ;)

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :_| I know, isn't it horrible!? I haven't told my parents yet, but I think I have decided on UNL. I think they always wanted me to go to a, um, "good" college. Not that UNL is bad. Both of my parents went there.

15. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yeah, there's nothing wrong with UNL. But I'm not giving up yet...

16. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I've found a new college I like :D

**Rockhurst University**

It's a Jesuit university in KC. Far enough to let me be on my own, but close enough to come back on weekends :)

17. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm glad you found somewhere you like. The more I think about it, UNL could be perfect for me. I don't have to move out... It's close to my house... FanForce... [face_devil]

18. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Ashley, could you describe the ACT? Were you nevous or scared? Is it really that bad? Did you study??!?!

I think I'm only going to have one chance to take it and I'm nervous. :(

19. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Arwen, If you are thinking International Relations, make sure the school you pick has a good and well supported Study Abroad office.

20. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    mmm... study abroad [face_love] Don't worry - this is one of my main criterium (sp?)! I want to study in Australia (go figure :p), Spain, and Germany :D

OWA - I wasn't really nervous. My best advice is to just relax and don't worry about it. Get lots of sleep the night before, eat a good breakfast, etc. I used Kaplan software to help me prepare, and it seemed to work pretty well :) Just relax :D

21. mrnobudy2002

mrnobudy2002 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    ::dreams of going to australia::

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Australia! [face_love]

Thanks for the encouragement, Ashley... I could use it. [face_plain] I guess I will go and pick up some study thing-a-mabobers tomorrow. :)

23. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    that's what I'm here for :D

24. Pretzel_83

Pretzel_83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I think you all should come visit Dana. Yeah sure it's small...but you get to know people really well.:)

25. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    So I was supposed to hear if I'm accepted to UNL Honors by today, but I didn't :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.