main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

college

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Arwen_Evenstar, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    :( I'm sorry.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go to UNL now. How boring. [face_plain] :p

2. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Well, I don't think it's boring at all, seeing as how I've officially decided to go there :D

3. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
  4. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yay for us...

Guess LincolnFF is stuck with us, eh? ;)

5. SithLordMara

SithLordMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    well, being a college student myself, i've learned that you need to chose your college based on the most important factor of college itself....PARTYING! hehehe...lotta fun. and after all, you go to college to LEARN...and going to parties, you learn a lot...from the different types of people to your drinking limit...learning never stops!

hehe, but seriously, though partying is fun, you need to pick something according to your major. do you know what you want to be "when you grow up"?

also, take in consideration distance. if you need to be with your friends and family from home, dont go too far away...and if you need to get away...go far enough so your parents can't pull the whole "surprise day trip" on you...ugh, those never go well... *knows from very painful experience*

oh yeah, and when you do go there, dont ever let your parents look in your fridge... *frantically hides coronas*

~SLM

6. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Thanks for your advice, SLM :)

The factors for me were:
    --distance (it's like 20 minutes away and most of my friends are staying close)
    --cost (they'll practically pay me :D)
    --um... other stuff, I'm sure...
    --I like it :)

I'm not much of a party girl... [face_blush] except for with my very close friends... :D

7. SithLordMara

SithLordMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    well then, have a great time and i wish you the best...

oh yeah...and if you can, schedule your classes as far from friday as possible. friday classes suck. :p

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    yeah, I'll bet they do!

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    --cost (they'll practically pay me)

Your too lucky! :)

10. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
  11. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Ashley: you've had NSE already, haven't you? What are your classes like? I'll be taking Spanish, Chem, Composition and Intro to Anthropology first semester. Doensn't seem so bad.

12. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    World Geography, Honors Calc, German, Spanish, Political Science Honors Seminar... plus the library class whatnot (I think) and the Chancellor's Leadership Class.

Which Spanish are you in?

13. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Library class whatnot... hehe. That sucks. [face_plain]

Which Spanish are you in?

Err... 201. [face_plain] I like to think that I haven't had Spanish in a year, so that's ok. Really, 5th year Spanish was awful. It made me more uncomfortable with the language than it helped.

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    *Bites on nails*

Spanish is worrying me to death. I'm continually going through various verb conjugations in my mind. :_|

I never thought the day would come where I would be looking forward to Chemistry as opposed to Spanish. [face_plain]

15. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Aw, it'll be okay!

I'm worried about Spanish and German too... I don't remember anything I've learned :(

16. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    What's worse is I have been recently immersing myself in French culture a lot. I talk French with my friends, we watch French movies together, we sing along to French pop...

so it's almost as if I've pushed Spanish out of my mind. Ack. :(

17. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I see... Well, it sounds like you were having fun with French though! That's cool :)

18. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    It is so much fun!

I'm sure that Spanish will get better as the weeks pass. But then again, it might not be bad in the first place. ;)

19. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yeah, hopefully it will start out terrific and only get better from there :D

20. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    One more day! I'm actually getting kind of excited now. I've read some of my Composition book and I like what it has to say.

//Is a dork for reading a book on Comp when he doesn't need to yet.

21. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    How's it going so far? I like it... kinda :)

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Same here. While I would rather sleep in, it's not too bad. It is actually kind of fun. :p

23. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yeah... but I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that people don't smile enough. I smiled and said "hello" to at least two people today who didn't even look at me as they walked by. :( And the first person to say anything to me this morning was a girl who hasn't liked me since I moved here 5 years ago... which was kinda weird but in a nice way :)

24. Jediflyer

Jediflyer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 5, 2001
    Hey, this is kind of cool. I forgot theforce.net had local boards. I guess that is what happens when you spend all your time on the Senate Floor.

Anyway, I am from Omaha, but I came to UNL this year as a freshman also. I think it is pretty nice here, but that is coming from somebody who has only been to Lincoln for less than 10 days out of his whole life.

By the way, I am majoring in Poli Sci and live in Neihardt. My classes include History 189, Engish 151H, Math 104 (Calc), Poli Sci 160 (International Relations), as well as Library 110 (stupidest class I have ever seen) and Air Force RotC.

Anybody else?

25. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    You live in Neihardt? Me too!!!

I'm majoring in International Relations and I wanted to get into Poli Sci 160, but I couldn't this semester. I have World Regions Geography 272, Calc 106H, German 201, Spanish 203, Political Science 189H, and that stupid library class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.