main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colonisation of Bakura

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kast_Morben, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I've been reading the Truce at Bakura recently and it mentions that "Bakura was colonised in the last years of the Clone Wars".

Has this been covered in any of the Clone Wars EU so far? If not, It might make a decent story.

2. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Not that I know of.

3. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    IIRC Bakura's been mentioned twice in the Clone Wars so far. In The Clone Wars videogame it's one of the worlds attacked by the Dark Reaper, and in Republic 64 Dooku has a base there.

4. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    There must have been something there early on in the wars then, if it was worth attacking. Or was Dooku just testing out the live-harvesting power of the weapon?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Correct- it was one of 4 testing grounds for the Force Harvester, which, with the energy it gathered, was then used to power the Dark Reaper.

(the others were Alaris Prime, Mon Calamari and Agamar)

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    hmmm.. so any speculation on whether the colony was built before or after the harvester usage? or whether the colonists were more allied with one side or the other?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Geonosis & the Outer Rim Worlds:

"Though shaken by a brief Separatist incursion, an independent Bakura opened itself to outside settlement during the Clone Wars."

It says there were also earlier colonies there some 150 years ago, and perhaps implies that people were still there until that boom of population in the Clone Wars.

8. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Probably refugees from the turmoil of the Clone Wars. I don't think they'd be dissidents from the Empire, considering the Imperial garrison and governor that came later.

9. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    I'm sure there were people there before hte end of the clone wars

10. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    They had a native population the Kurtzen. Humans may have moved in at the end of the Clone Wars. Refugees maybe? That had their homes destroyed during the CW?

11. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    The CIS base during the Clone Wars might explain why the Bakurans hate droids so much... Maybe they were brutalized by the Separatist army?

12. TwiLeksRokMySox

TwiLeksRokMySox Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, TaB does mention something about the settlers' droids going crazy. That would make perfect sense for the C.I.S. with all of their various battle droids.

13. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Well, TaB does mention something about the settlers' droids going crazy. That would make perfect sense for the C.I.S. with all of their various battle droids.

IIRC, it was because the droids brought by the first settlers that went crazy, causing them to distrust droids.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned it to explain some Clone War details or something.

14. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Perhaps the Bakurian phobia of droids was made worse by the arrival of the Separatists?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.