main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Colonization of a new world

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Detjen, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC:

HAH! 400 IS MINE!

2. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Everyone dove for cover when the thrmal detonator was thrown, and no-one was killed, but about 6 would need medical attention and were out of the fighting for now. the imperials chased the fleeing rebels, careful still, to avoid traps and other rebels snipers.

3. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    The rebels retreated further into the cave, slipping into tunnels that would make for very tight squeeze for people in armor. the set up in the chabers afterwards waiting for the troopers to try comming through, everyone whispering orders across comms as they tried to keep some order in the fighting reatreats.

4. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    IC: Seven rebel speeders came into full view, and Denevoen ordered her wingmen to attack. Some rebels tried shooting at the fighters with their blasters in a futile attempt...

5. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni finally felt like she could stand. Carefully, she got to her feet. Her eyes had adjusted quickly to the darkness, and she saw there were three cats, including Shasta. She looked back to the entrance and saw they were trapped.

"This cave doesn't happen to have another exit, does it?"

The cats looked at her funny.

"I guess there's one way to find out."

Jo-Ni carefully made her way deeper into the cave with Shasta nearby to help her stay upright, the other two walking nearby.

6. Senator_Amory

Senator_Amory Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Hello,

I'm finally back. My internet went down a while back, and after I got it back on, I came here and there were 17 pages! Feww. That is going to be a lot of catching-up to do. So could someone just outline the main things that have happened so I don't have to read all of it. My sisters won't let me stay online long enough to read anything.(hehe) Oh, and PM'ing me would be fine so we wouldn't have to get off topic on the thread.

Senator Amory

PS: And on page nine, the large box that looks balnk that I posted, just simply high-light it to have the red lettering show-up. It was fine until they changed the back-grounds of the boards. Just to let you know.

7. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Not too much happening, imperials are attacking a rebel cell deep in the cave systems, and uh other peoiple are runing around doin stuff like hunting.

8. Senator_Amory

Sep 7, 2002
    Ohhhh, well I guess that about covers it.

I thought they changed the background color to darkred? I guess they changed it back, or either that was a test run for something they are thinking on trying. I don't know.

I'll try and think of something fit to be post here later, considering the other post.

See you guys later.

9. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: It was probly just a haloween thingy and stuff. speaking of that I wonder where everyone is, did they all dissapear for the holidays comming up?

10. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Sorry I've been gone.
    Thursday: Halloween
    Friday: date night changed from Saturday
    Saturday: Family thing 2 hours away from home
    Sunday: early bedtime so I could get to work at 3:30 am

All the rest that has been going on is posted in Plan for Power.

IC: Jo-Ni had been walking for a while when she saw a little light ahead. A way out, perhaps? Was it daylight she saw?

As she grew closer, she realised that it was too dim to be outside. More like the light from a glowrod. And she heard voices that sounded like they were in a large cavern. Could this be a connection to the Rebels?

Very cautiously she got closer and found a crack in the cave wall that did indeed lead into the Rebel Base. There was a stalagmite in front of the crack that would make it hard to squeeze through, but it also hid her from view of the Rebels. She did, however, have a clear view of Ballin.

Jo-Ni backed up to the cats to think. She knew exactly where Ballin was, but the only way out would be through all the Rebels.

What was one to do?

11. Senator_Amory

Sep 7, 2002
    Okay, what is "OOC" and "IC" and all that stuff? That has been confussing me for some time.

Anyways...

In the greeny velvet and lavishly decorated appartment of Senator Polok, a red light began to blink before him, notifying him of a holographic transmission.

The Senator looked up from his file of reports that he had been studying and pressed the button.

"A secure transmission from Coruscant. Sent - 16:83 galactic-inter-time, received - 7:08 galactic-outer-time." said a mechanical woman's voice from somewhere.

The image of Vice Chair Ramoth, Emperor Palpatine's right-hand-man, projected itself on his telegraph screen. It was fuzzy, and the man's voice was jumpy; but hey, what could you expect? This was the Imperial Age, the sort of mass-marketing era. Nothing was of such good quality as it used to be in the time of the Republic.Often times, the Senator's mind would wander back to those times, and would miss them in sort of a strang way. This was very odd though, being how he was an Imperial Senator.

"Senator Polok, a report on the new colony is expected by the Emperor in three consecutive days. Gather you information and come to Coruscant. The Emperor has convened a special assembly of the Senate to hear your case, especially. See you then." said the gruff looking Gungan, and the transmission ended.

Another thing Polok found strange; the Gungans were natives of Naboo, which was a peaceful planet intangled in democracy. How was it that the Gungans would go so far as to being Vice Chair in the Empire. Then again, he has always had his suspicions of Jar Jar Binks, Amidala's representative, after calling, " unexpectantly", for Emergency Powers to be vested into, then, Chancellor Palpatine. Which ultimatly led to the Republic's downfall, and the rise of the Empire, since Palpatine did not do as promised and return his powers back with the Senate.

Polok soon came out of his trance of historical wonder gathered his rough-draft reposrts, and packed them in his case, then motioned for one his hands to take it from there, and went into his changing-room to get a bath and be clothed.
    As he was walking toward the changing-room, he had another one of his hands to call for his pilots to get his best ship ready for take-off in and hour. And then he went to get ready for his trip to Coruscant.

12. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Yeah, stuff going on, sorry.

the imperials, rather than try to fit though the small cracks, mearly blanketed them with fire, turing it into a wall of light, and continued down the main corridior, intent upon their enemy.

13. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    IC means 'In Character'
    OOC means 'Out Of Character'
    What other stuff were you referring to?
    get it now?

IC: Jo-Ni took stock of what she had on her. Her blaster, the blowpipe, 5 death darts, and 8 sleeping darts. Just maybe...

She peeked back out of the crack to see what she could see deep in the lair of the Rebels.

<tag Detjen>

14. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    IC: Deneveon's squadron obliterated two speeders, but the Rebels were doing a good job at using trees for cover.

"I got enemy fighters on my scopes," her comm crackled. "A couple of fighters, but not much."

15. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: Senator I would like to remind you, this planet is not a very high priority on anyones list, ill let you continue with the meeting, but I would like to suggest it being very short and for the most part just waves him off, I like to keep emphisising, this planet is small, insignifigant, and unless it turned out to have a secret tomb of 40 sith lords (no it dosent have the tomb so dont htink about it) then Palpatine nor most of the higher ups in the empire care about it.

IC: Inside the rebels hideout people took their posts ready in case the imperials broke through. In the cave the rebels continued falling back but pouring fire into the imperial rainks as they did so. a couple more thermal detonators were tossed at the imperial troops.

16. Senator_Amory

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: I'm getting to my point. Trust me. Plus, this is about having fun, isn't it?

IC: Senator Polok boarded his grand ship, and departed for Coruscant.

"Sir," said a young co-pilot to the regally dressed man, since that was his personal style.

Polok turned to acknowledge him, "We are about to make the jump into hyperspace."

"Very well," said the Senator.

A while later, Polok gazed out of one of the ships many windows and saw the gigantic, magestic Coruscant blocking three fourths of his view, as the ship was gracefully spinning into the right angle to enter the planet's atmosphere. At that time, the doors to his quarters opened and in stepped the same young co-pilot entered.

"Senator, we are about to make the decent into Coruscant. You might want to prepare yourself for the entry."

"Yes...thanks."

The young pilot bowed lightly and turned on hill to exit the door as Polok was bracing himelf in his seat for the decent. As they entered into the 'metallic' atmospehre of Coruscant, the ship jumped with a jolt, as all ships seem to do. And it soon landed on a landing pad usually reserved for diplomats.

After decending his ramp and closely followed by his guards and hands, Polok soon boarded an air-limosene to take him to the Imperial State-Building, where the high-ranking diplomats', of the Empire, offices were held; including the Emperor's lavishly decorated crimson quaters.

As he was being shot upward to the right floor in the turbo-lift, Polok grimaced at the crude, but strangly ugly, landscape of the metal planet. He did not like the fact that there might have benn wildlife and medows here, but were now replaced by metal, glass, cement and pollution. With still an overcrowded population. That is the reason many of citizens of this planet either leave, or are forced under strict population control laws.

Soon, he was at the doors of the Emperor's office, and was stopped by forboding Imperial Guards.

"Name and position!" announced one of the guards.
    Polok answered, unwaveringly, "I am Senator Polok of Barkath," his former planet of representation.

"You are free to enter, but your hands and guards are to be kept outside." explained the other.

"That is fine," assured Polok, and he entered.

In the room, Polok noticed that it hadn't changed a bit. Still it's blood-red color of decorations, and the emblem of an ancient feline, among other decorations around the room, made of clay standing on a table in the corner.
    The Emperor sat, hunched-back at his desk, but soon got up and was walking to the next room until Polok got his attention.

"Your Highness, would you not like to hear my reports on the new colony out in the outer-rim?"

"That is of no concern to me, but yet of the Vice Chair; whom will be with you shortly." the Emperor brushed him off, and continued into the next room, followed by his personal hands who looked as aged and ragged as he did.

Polok was confussed, but was waiting to get an explaination.

"Ahh, you came," said a gruff Gungan voice from behind Polok. "I did receive your message of your departure."

"Sire, you said that the Emepror wanted to hear my case and had convened a special session of the Senate to hear the reports?" the Senator asked, confussed.

"No, that was just to get you hear so we could dicuss the matter in private." explained the Gungan.

"Well, Sire, all you had to do was tell me that and I would have come just as hastily."

"Hmmm," the Vice Chair wondered, "Well, I always look over thos things. Anyway, lets get down to business. How are things going on the colony?"

"Well, things seem to be going quite well, but there are a species of 'cat-people; that we do not yet know of, and the rebels are continueing to hit was strong there. For some reason."

"Rebels?"

"Yes, sir. Why?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just that I am paying for this colonization effort from my own pocket, and do not intend to have some few 'rebels' ruin it for me." he explained. "The Senate or Emperor might not care too much for it, but

17. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: Trust you, how come when you said that I pictured Han Solo on endor. Ill trust you as far as I can throw a hutt carring two wookiees 8p. Anyways it is about having fun but its also about having fun within the limits the game has been set up in, and you did quite good on keeping in those limits, just as long as ya dont get the emperor to fund you with 3 star destroyers and a billion troopers 8p.

18. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: Detjen, are there any Rebels around Ballin for Jo-Ni to see? I feel I need to know if there are, and how many, before I can really do much besides watch.

Thankyou

19. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: theres 5 of em, theyre all pretty well armed and on high alert, ready to shoot at the first sound.

20. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC:Thanx
    IC:
    Jo-Ni carefully looked around and saw four, no five Rebels in the area. They looked like they were on high alert. They would have to be dealt with if she was to try anything.

But, Jo-Ni realised, she would have to deal with them. The only other way out was blocked.

21. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OR...

Jo-Ni retreated back towards the blocked entrance of the cave where she knew her voice would not be heard by the Rebels. She pulled out her commlink.

"Gorin, come in. I found Ballin, but I can't get to him. I'm in the cave with the blocked entrance. If you dig me out, you can send troops in this cave and get Ballin out. There are five Rebels guarding him right now. Do you copy?"

22. Senator_Amory

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: (hehe) Don't worry. I'll stay within those guidelines everytime.

23. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: ya I didnt want to use the regular throwing the hutt thing so I had to add a couple wookiees

24. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Arrrg stupid board error thingy

25. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    When Gorin didn't answer, Jo-Ni began to wonder if someone was jamming transmitions.

"Gorin, do you copy?" she said again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.