main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Colonization of a new world

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Detjen, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Kondor

Master_Kondor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    war crys were sounding all around the trooper segment on the dreadnought, Elto Davvip walked up to the lt of squad 1.. WHATS GOING ON HERE LT..LOOKS LIKE YOUR PART OF LANDING GROUP ONE!..FINE I HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE END OF THIS LT... Elto walked down to his squad of twelve....the squad was calling him in to the transport they were goin in.

2. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    IC: "What's taking them so long?" Deneveon muttered impatiently.

"All TIE's, form up, flank my fighter. Watch the trasport," she ordered.

3. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: okay, so I'm on the colony ship. Whatever.

IC:
    Jo-Ni sat in a seat near a viewport. She watched space return to normal as the ship returned to realspace. Soon, she hoped, they would land.

She stood and picked up the staff that helped her walk with her damaged knee and began to hobble over to her stuff, knowing that in her present state she would be looked at as an easy target to those she traveled with.

4. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002

The dreadnaughts drifed above the planet on high alert. As the starfighters finished their lauching they started prepping landing shuttles for scouts and troopers, they would have to determin the best landing site for the colony ship before they could land and start their work. Bridge crew worked hard ont he dreadnaughts, using what devices they have to get images of the ground to guide the shuttles to safe landings, though most of that would be dependant on the shuttle pilots.

5. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Inside the bays of one of the dreadnaughts, stormtrooprs boarded a shuttle while another was being loaded with cargo, which made the commander standing nearby confused. he stopped one of the men. "Whats in those?" THe man grinned and glanced around. "We got you a couple ST's for ground support. Had to fill out alot of paperwork and do some traiding, but we got em." The Commander nodded with a grin. "Thank you, you may continue." then he turned to supervise the rest of the loading.

6. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    IC: Deneveon nodded in her fighter.

"All fighters, drop low close the ground. I don't want any disturbances. Let's make this smooth, people."

With that she descended into the planet's atmosphere, flanked by a squadron of TIE's.

7. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    A rough-looking man walked delibrately toward Jo-Ni and blocked her path.

"Well, hello there, cutie. Looks like you've run into trouble." he said.

Jo-Ni could tell he was drunk from the smell of alcohol on his breath.

"Let me pass, you brute." she told him.

"I think you want me to keep close. Protect you from harm."

He moved closer, in a threatening way. Jo-Ni put her pack down and balanced her weight on her good leg.

"Stay back!" she warned him, but he ignored her.

Jo-Ni swung her staff around and hit him on his side, then reversed the swing and knocked his legs out from under him. She swung the staff down with a yell, right toward his face, stopping centimeters from his nose.

"I don't need protection, brute." she told him.

His lesson learned, she swung the pack onto her back and continued along her way.

OOC:Just a little character personality development. :) Jo-Ni's a tough one.

8. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    A couple guards were standing nearby and caught sight of the confrontation. they quickly made some bets and when the big man went down one of the guards scowled. shoving the money into his partners hand he stalked away, leaving the other one to laugh and count his prize.

"Shuttles are 10 seconds from landing sir." The officer reported to the captain on the bridge. The tactical display showed them heading for a nice clearing about 20 degrees above the equator line. "very good, contact the starfighters, assign each squadron a sector of planet to scout, I want full scans of the area, then have them return refueling and patrol duties."

9. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Deneveon heard the order come through.

"you heard that command. All TIE's i want you in squadrons of five, scout the area, vicinity of four miles and 20 miles. four of you come with me."

10. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: nothing to post IC right now. Just wanted to say I'm glad I'm not the only one on the colony ship. :)

I am glad to have provided entertainment for the guards. :)

11. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Name: Gorin Zachian
    Race: Human
    Desc: Grizzled old man, Grey hair.
    Occupation: Imperial Naval Captian, Abord the Dreadnought Incriminating (The name of on of the Dreds if it's ok)
    Background: Old Clone war vet, moved up in the Ranks till he accedentely insulted a Superior Officer, now sent on a Useless waste of his time and talednt into the Rim to help a colonisation effort.

Ok?

12. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: Welcome, Gorin! Glad to be RPing with you again. Insulted a superior officer, huh? That officer you insulted sounds like the guy who sent Jo-Ni off to this world.

IC: While Jo-Ni made her way to her corner of the colony ship, a girl walked up to her.

"Wow, that was real great how you got that bully down. You're real strong. How did you do that? That was cool." the girl said.

Jo-Ni looks at the girl.

"What are you doing here?" she asked the child.

"My parents help set up colonies for a living. We are always moving from planet to planet like this. Isn't it the same for you?" the girl asked.

"You don't want to know. I think you better get back to your level, child. If your parents found out you were here, you would be in trouble. You are now in the presence of criminals. Some of us on this level are murderers." Jo-Ni moved an arm around the girl, directing her to the turbolift.

"But not you, right?" she asked nervously.

"I'm a thief. In fact, here." Jo-Ni tossed the girl an item that was in her pocket.

"How...?" the girl recovered from her shock. "But, how did you get that guy down? Are you just strong?"

"No. Four words. Aim for the knees."

Jo-Ni shooed the girl away to the turbolift, keeping an eye on her until the doors closed. Then sat down at her space to wait for the landing.

13. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    The shuttles hit the surface, doors already opening and troopers spilling out, and quickly spreading out, searching for potential dangers and scouting the landing sites.

14. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Anybody there?

15. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: I thinks we need a little poke in the sides to keep going.

IC: Shuttles continued landing, offloading the troops onto the ground, they quickly secured several possible landing sites, before chosing one in the northern area. Inside the colony ship alarms blared signiling the people inside to prepare for landing. Onboard the Flagship the captain hit a comm button. "All fighters, check in and then proceed to landing zone to provide air cover, look sharp, just because we think were alone dosent mean we are."

16. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:
    In orbit of Planet 482, bridge of Incriminating

Gorin sat watching the Veiwscreen that showed the shuttles landing. He wastched them with a passive intrest, his mind was on other things. Why was i sent out here? They waste my talent, the fools... *Sigh* he thought as he looked again. Now the fighters, the new TIE/ln version, streaked down to the surface. I don't know why they bother. he thought, There can't be anything down their that anybody with a blaster couldn't handle. If there was anything down their capable of technology their civilasation would have shown on his sensors. They should have just sent one Corvette to cover this place, anything more is such a waste of resources. All this he thought as the Stormtroopers set up a perimiter(SP?) and the colony ship began to sink into the atmosphere, the friction fires begining to show on their forward sheilds. He got up at walked to the forward veiwing area on the bridge and stared at the stars, asking only one question...Why me?

17. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: That was a great post, I really liked that one, very creative and insiteful.

18. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni heard the announcement and alarms. She sat down and fastened the restraint.

"Finally. I hope this will turn out better than the alternative would have been." she thought.

The colony ship got closer to the selected landing place by the moment, and Jo-Ni wondered what her life would be like on this new world.

19. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC: Unless you mind i'm gonna move this on a bit.

IC:
    In orbit of Planet 482, Hanger of DREAD Incriminating

Well it's time. he thought as he prepared to go down to the surface. The Colony Ship had succsefully landed and they were prepareing a groundbreaking ceramony that everyone but essential personell had to attend. Apperantley i'm not "essential personell". Bah! Well maybe some fresh, real, air will do me some good. he thought as his shuttle dropped out of the bay. He watched from the co-pilot seat as similar shuttles, in pairs or singly, left their ships to head for the planet. Those that left sigly came from the smaller ships, where captians weren't givin the Luxury of a personal shuttle. He looked over at his pilot, XJ-783, a droid that was about as bright as the 50 year old skin he had. It was old, very old, and a relic from his days in the clone wars.

He sat comfortably in his chair as the viewscreen closed due to the dangerous light coming from the friction flames, feeling the minute bumps and shifts in the shuttle as it decended. He trusted the old driod to set him down safely, he always had before, and when the viewscreen opened again he was proven right again, as jubulant civilians surrounded a small platform, hastily erected in the center of the landing zone. Upon it sat the commander of this expidition, as well as all the other ships captians. He went forward and took his spot and watched dully as the ceramony proceeded.

The ground was broken and the crowed roared with applause, while Gorin tried to find a discreet way of making it back to his shuttle. He slipped of the platform and was immediately surrounded by happy citizens, all preparing for the nights festivities. He slunk back to his shuttle and waited for the night to end.

TAG: Everybody

20. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    The colony ship landed and Jo-Ni got out, wandering over to the place the groundbreaking ceremony took place. She stood in the crowd leaning on her staff.

"Blah, blah, blah." she said under her breath.

She cheered when the crowd did, and after the ceremony, she went to one of the Imperials.

"So, what now? This is my first time doing this."

OOC: she is talking to whoever wants to pick it up.

21. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC; i'll take the imperial officer.

The man smiled and put down his drink, watching the festivites roam thoughout the area.

"Well after we get our ground legs back and the people are done with the ceramony Well will requisition a pre-Fab garrasion from Imperial Center. that will more than likly be turned down so we'll have to do it the old fashioned way..." He paused for a bit of dramitic effect, "Manual Labor." He smiled as he thought of his nice quarters up on the Corvette and was glad he wouldn't have to be down here, with the Builder's

TAG: Marna

22. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    A young officer standing nearby heard the conversation and gave a small salute to the captin. "Actually sir, we wont even bother trying to contact them for reqisition for the building, It would take several months before it could reach the first hypertransever, and like you suggested, they would probly deny it." he paused to sip his drink, "I would not be surprised if we built most of our buildings out of wood, till we get some mining going and a processor to make metal meterials. I think they sent us out here for no good reason."

23. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni looked back and forth between the two.

"So, basically what you're saying is that I should put up my tent and be happy with it for a while." she stated.

Jo-Ni started looking around for a plot of land to claim for herself, for now.

OOC: I would have posted last night, but on the 25th, a storm went through and put my ISP out of commission for a couple of days.

24. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    For now, yes. We will be trying to see if anybody here knows how to build soon enough as set them up to help everyone else to build some more permanant homes. Untill then just pitch a tent, we will be dividing land evenly soon and then we'll send out the builders to help you move along.

He went back to his drink and saw that many of the colonists were beginning to set up their tents around the ship, for protection of course, while many shuttles werte beginning to lift off.

"Well it was naice meeting you miss.....?"

TAG: Marna

25. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "Jo-Ni Shawa." she finished. "I usually like to look nice when meeting new people, but just before coming here, I was roughed up by some of your fellow Imperials. I didn't think vegetables from an Admiral's garden was worth a black eye, a damaged knee, and various other bruises."

A smile came to her face.

"I guess I bruised his ego, stealing right out of his garden, so he decided to bruise my body. What was your name?" Jo-Ni asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.