main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Colonization of a new world

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Detjen, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    "Gorin, Gorin Zachian, Captian of the DREAD Incriminating." He smiled at the relation to her recent escipade. He relised that he was beginning to like talking to this woman and said, "Here you are." as he handed her a small comunicator, "If you ever want to contact me use this. Now i must return to my ship. Good evening." and he walked back to his shuttle, boarded, and watched as the blue-green world shrunk under him.

TAG: Marna

2. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    'Gorin Zachian, huh?' Jo-Ni thought as he walked off. 'For an Imp, he seems nice.'

Jo-Ni looked at the comlink a moment, then decided to set up camp. She placed the comlink in a pocket and looked around for a good spot.

There wasn't much space left near the ship. Too crowded. She looked away from the ship. She heard a river not far away. There was also a bit of a rise in the landscape where they landed.

'That looks good.' she thought, limping up the hill.

As Jo-Ni got to the spot she saw, she realized she liked it. Close to the river, but far enough away in case the river rises in the night. Far away enough from the ship to not feel crowded, but close enough to feel under the protection of the Imps.

She set up her tent and began to look around. First thing she wanted to do was get to know the plant life. So, with staff in hand and empty pack on back, Jo-Ni began to wander, being sure not to get lost or go very far.

'I may not know much about colonizing a world, but I know how to survive.' she thought.

OOC:congrats for post 50, Gorin!

3. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: Thanks you two, your about the only ones helping me keep this going, and even I dont seem to be doing much. I kinda thought this would attract more people than it did, oh well if you guys got friends that might be interested we could use em.

IC: Jostlyans tie figher rested near the festivities on a crude and quickly designated landing field. a couple more squadrons also rested there. He looked around slowly, wondering why people would be willing to do somthing like this, he would much rather be back home where they were at least in familiar territory with support if someone attacked them. He turned to his left as one of the ATST's took its first loud grinding steps, to the cheers of the mechanics surrounding it.

4. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni placed gloves on her hands and proceeded to gather plants. If she was going to live here, she wanted to know the plants.

OOC: just hum-hawing :)

5. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    The second AT-ST was raised quickly, and shortly after those gathered around it dispersed, most were heading to the tents scattered out all over the area to get some sleep, it would be a long busy day tommorow.

OOC: gah I need some sort of plot thingy, I was trying to let it be a loose plot but that would only realy work if there were more people, with the group we have it would probly require more of a plot. If any has any ideas to help please pass them along.

6. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC: A good plot is usually some sort of catastropy or a new discovery that people would fight over. Just my $.02

IC:
    Gorin's shuttle docked with the Incriminating and the hatch opened, reveling the always boring, un-detailed wall. He began to walk back to his quarters, but with the inescapeable feeling that something was not quite right. Then, coming down the hall at a run was one of his Tech's for the engin(SP?) room.

"Sir!" He snaped a quick salute, "We might have a problem sir, one of the power routers just burned out and the others are overtaxed as it is. We don't have the parts to replace the power router here. Is there a ship here that we can contact that holds spare parts?"

"Damn, I think there might be a ship tender somewhere, let me get in contact with the other ship captians. Untill then contain the situation. Cut power to all un-nessisary systems to lessen the load on those routers and keep them 8nder constant survalence. If another one blows we'll have to evacuate the ship till we can replace them."

"Aye Sir."

Damn these old ships, tey never hold together well. Gorin thought as he raced for the bridge, hoping that someone had some spare parts.

OOC: Ok, i'll continue this later.

7. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: ya, Im sure with the rebellion we could cause somthing, I was thinking some of the colonists and some of the imperals on the ships are alreayd rebels or rebeal sympethisers ((SP?)). Maybe if they have a base on planet already, or were looking to build one.

8. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    As the sky grew dark, Jo-Ni decided to return to her tent. As she limped back with her pack of plant samples, she thought she heard a deep growl. She froze in her tracks and listened. Her heart began to race.

Why did I wander so late? she thought.

OOC:like Gorin, I'll continue later. ;)

9. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC: Okey Dokey, here we go.

IC:
    Bridge, DREAD Incriminating

"I'm sorry sir, but were just as scrapped for materials over here as anyone else. they didn't give us enough spare parts to get here. Right now our Life-Support system, specificly the enviormental controls, are really on the fritz." The Captian said. Sweat beaded on his forhead where just a second ago their was ice on his skinm, freezing to his skull, "listen sir, sorry i couldn't help, Jasper out." He said as the screen turned blank.

"Damn," Gorin said, "that was the last ship that would have any chance of having the correct routers. How are the others holding up?" Gorin asked the engineer monitoring the situation.

"Well sir, so far they have been able to controlthe power flow, due to our lowerd power output. The problem is thatwhen that router went it sent a power surge though the system, altering the computer's timekeeping fuctions. From what i see here it looks like we could last about another 3 or 4 days, tops before another one blows, but it might mean 2 days, it might mean 5 days, there is nothing i can do to tell."

"Very Well, we shall have to assume the worst, i want everybody but me, and all relevant engineers and techs off this ship immediately. tell them to pack everything they have and head down to the surface. I want the engineers and techs working on keeping those power routers in line and i want them looking for a solution, quickly. Shut off all systems except for those in engineering, maybe that will buy us some more time. Ok people lets move."

Everybody flooded for the lifts, going to gather belongings and supplies needed for a life down on the surface. the techs all headed to engineering as quickly as they could, some rather scared, some almost happy at the chance to tackle this problem. Gorin then planed to go with them. He slowly circled his chair, gave it a good pat, and left the bridge, a lonely and empty bridge. He didn't know wether he would see it again, but he sure as hell knew that it would not feel the same again.

OOC; To be Continued.....

10. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni's hand drifted to a necklace she wore, as if the clear stone could protect her or calm her heart. She listened carefully for the source of the growl, but she heard nothing.

Carefully, she continued on her way, moving as quietly as she could with the bad knee.

11. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Suddenly, a large animal jumped from the trees and landed in front of Jo-Ni. The creature was black with grey stripes. It's feline face moved closer to Jo-Ni's, the eyes glowing red in the dark.

Jo-Ni froze. She was afraid to move as the animal sniffed her face and body. There was a low growl eminating from it as it studied her.

"Please don't hurt me." Jo-Ni requested of the creature, fear in her voice.

12. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:
    One Day Later (From last post)
    Engineering, DREAD Incriminating

The engineers were working non-stop, looking for some way to fix the blown power router. They needed a conductive material of just the right electromagnetivity so as to not send too much or too little power though it. The material used in the router was fairly rare, but everything else about the router was easy to replace and rebuild. The techs were scouring the cargo bay for this material, Fecarni, trying to see if somehow it had gotten on board dispite the fact that it wasen't listed on the cargo manifest.

"Sir?" a tech said to Gorin.
    "Yes Tech?" he asked, almost tiredly. he haden't slept scince the beginning of the crisis.
    "We've finished the serch of the cargo bay sir. There is no Fecarni on board, anywhere. I'm sorry sir." the Tech said and went back to his station, trying to do everything in his power to make the remaning routers last as long as possiable. Gorin was flipping though some arieal scans of the surface. One of them was of the southern hemisphere, on almost the other side of the planet from the colony. He looked at the Infared, the ulta-violet, and then the mineral scan.

"Let's see here 45% granite and other basic rock minerals. 35% Dirts and otherOrganic materials. 18% Fecarni, 2% Trac..., WAIT A MINUTE! 18% FECARNI?!" he yelled. Never before had their been more than 4% Fecarni in any one area, ever. He flipped up his comunications terminal and contacted his men on the ground. "I need you men to gather any colonists that are willing to go on a trip that will involve labor and any mining tools we've got. There is an absolutely huge formation of Fecarni down under the surface there. I need at least a 3 Cubic Centimeter section of it in under a day. Move it men." and he cut the communications. Now they had a hope, but would they be fast enough to save the ship?

TAG: Anybody on the surface

13. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    On the surface one of the imperial commanders answered the call. "Sir, if you woul dkindly give us the location of the richest nearby deposit, I will have a team sent out to gather it for you. we are a bit short on any equipment but we can gather enough people to get it done." He stiffled a yawn, wondering why the captin was calling so late at night.

Jostalyn couldnt sleep, he tossed a little then finally gave up and left, going for a little walk. He froze suddenly when he heard a growl, and someone talking, begging for whatever it was not to hurt her. He crouched down and started moving slowly to the source of the commotion.

OOC: Please no more time jumps without consent of me and the rest of the rpers, it tends to screw up anything else going on at the same time.

14. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC: Okey dokey, no more tiem jumping then.

IC:
    "Here is the location of the deposit, and all the relevant material or sensors can pick up. On a side note this could become a major industry for this planet, so you may want to set up somethng Semi-Permanant there. Remember, time is of the essence so we need to move quickly Incriminating out." With that he shut down the communications, and looked at the small engineering screen that showed the area and the only chance his ship had.

15. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC:Gee, I must have been standing in front of this large cat for hours!

IC: Jo-Ni didn't know how long she was standing there. She wished the cat would go away, but it didn't seem to get that.

The cat began to sniff her pack, but it pulled back sharply. It sniffed again at the pack, and swiped at it with a huge paw, slicing the pack, and making Jo-Ni flinch. It then ran off, and Jo-Ni fell to the ground, too weak from fear to stand any longer.

16. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Ballin walked up and saw a large cat about to attack a girl. He pulled out his blaster and shot the beast in the chest
    "Are you ok?"

17. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Jostlyan also ran up to her, almost knocked over by the wounded cat as it fleed from Ballin and dissapeared back into the woods. He knelt down next to her and make a quick check over, noticing it only went after her pack.

18. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    The Major looked up at the sky
    you should arm yourself so stuff like this doesn't happen. This looks like a fair place for a turbolaser station.

19. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "I think I'll be okay, Jostlyan. I guess I haven't recovered from my arrest as much as I thought."

Jo-Ni began to stand. As she did, she glared at Major Ballin.

"I was armed with a weapon. I didn't want to make an enemy of any life here that was just curious about these new creatures they have never seen before."

She looked back at Jostlyan.

"I was collecting plant samples. The cat must not have liked one of the plants. I need to rest up from this. Escuse me, fellas."

Jo-Ni picked up what was left of her pack and began heading back to her tent. Her knee was begining to feel better, but she limped, just to appear weaker then she was.

OOC: I think it will be fun to have some hatred toward Ballin. :) No offense to the user, of course.

20. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Jostlyan studied the Major for several seconds. "Sir, I dont wish to sound disrespectful or anything sir, but I do not think we will be having supplies for a turbolaser station for quite some time, I do not think they would wish to waste the resources on a planet so far into the outer rim."

21. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    The Major's eyes leered at him
    "It is Imperial policy to have a small amount of surface defence, but if you would rather have every ship carrying spice and guns land be my guest"

OOC:I'm going to make Ballin a real a-hole! ;)

22. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:
    Mining Crew, Other side of the planet

Meanwhile the minin crew had reached the other side of the planet. they had set up a small base cmap and were now bwginning to get though the topsoil and Granite underneith it. It was hot as a frying pan there becuse it was noon and the dig site was so close to the equator. Still they kept at it, staying well hydrated and avoiding heat exaustion they bneganto make some progress twords the lode.

OOC: Ok, now were moving.

23. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    "No sir, I just mean, do we have the resources to build these defences, with all the rumors, I would think we are on our own."

24. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    "It's not hard to rig up a surface cannon from old TIE parts, but I brought equipment for two laser cannons so we will be fine."

25. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    When Jo-Ni lay on her cot, she felt a pain on her left arm. She sat up and looked at it, seeing it bleeding.

'The cat must have gotten my arm when I cringed.' she thought.

She grabbed a cloth and bound her arm as good as she could, then laid down again, beginning to feel strange. She pulled out the commlink Gorin gave her and before she knew what she was doing, she activates it.

"Gorin, I came across a large cat when wandering. It tore my pack right off my back. I'm okay. It didn't hurt me. Well, it got my arm, but I don't think it's too bad. Oh, I feel so wierd. My head..."

She cut the communication and fell asleep.

OOC: Gorin, feel free to add your half of the conversation. 3PX, I'm way ahead of you. Jo-Ni's already noticed your character is worth poodoo. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.