main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Colonization of a new world

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Detjen, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    "Jo-Ni?" he asked as the communication was cut. She had said something about a cat... that could be interesting as and natural preditors on the world would need to be studied and ways the colonist could protect themselves.

"well, i'll just talk to her in the morning, when she's more coherent. Meanwhile let me contact the mining crew." And he opened up a comm to them. "Report."

"well sir we've gotten though the top soil but we might be having a bit of a problem. See the bedrock underneth seems to be harder than usuall. We can get though it, but it will take longer than expected."

"How long?"

"Well if we work far into the night, which is about a couple hours off captian, we shou;ld be able to have it in 6 hours."

"Damn, thats cutting it close. Tech, how long will it take you to install this material and install the router?"

"About an hour captian."

"Good good, we should be fine then. Continue digging Major."

"Yes sir."

Ok, more to come later.

2. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    "Ok then sir, thank you for setting me straight." He gave a quit salute then headed back to his camp.

3. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Ballin took his survy map and added this new information
    "Tomorrow we will start with the site work" He barked into his comm

4. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    While Jo-Ni lay on her cot, she had a fitful night. She tossed and turned as frightening images flashed before her eyes. Images she didn't even try to understand.

Finally, though, the images stilled, and she fell into a deep uninterrupted sleep.

OOC: I'd put more, but out of time. Gotta get to my class. Later, guys.

5. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    While Jo-Ni slept, she was unaware of changes she was going through. Her ears were getting more sensitive to sound. Her eyesight was increasingly better, and her green eyes shot through with gold began to change to lighter green with reddish brown.

She snapped awake and her eyes glowed like the cat she had encountered. Jo-Ni felt feverish. She heard the babbling of the stream and walked over to it. Bending over the water, she splashed water on her face. She saw a fish swimming in the water, which suprised her. Not that there was a fish, but that she could see it. It was still dark.

Shrugging it off as a dream, Jo-Ni returned to her tent.

6. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Where is everyone?????

7. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    OOC:I'm just waiting for a good place to post my latest plot twist.

8. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    OOC: Sorry I haven't been posting. Been very busy lately.

IC: Commander Deneveon shook her head.

"No, I don't want it next week, I want it now!" She stormed. "How am I supposed to fly when my stbilizing unit is damaged?"

"I'm sorry," the technician murmurmed. "I'll do my best."

"You'd better." She turned and left the bay.

9. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC: ok i'll finish off this crisis, we'll see what happens now.

IC:

A shutytle was docked onto the Incriminating and it's carg was rushed to engineering. their they finished building the new power router as quickly as possiable. they installed it and ran all the tests they could on it. The thing checked out and they lessened the pressure on the other routers. All of the sudden the Dim lighting grew brighter. the stifiling air began to be filtered faster, and full power was restored thoughout the ship. Everybody was recalled to the ship and they all retook their stations, the crisis was averted and the Incriminating was still in business.

Gorin took this time to check up on what had happened to Jo-Ni. It should be morning down at the colony now so gorin opened up the comlink.

"Jo-Ni, it's gorin. What happened last night? I got a comm from you but then it cut off, something about being attacked by a cat?"

TAG: Marna

10. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Morning sunlight entered Jo-Ni's tent. A commlink beeped. Jo-Ni lay on the floor of the tent next to the cot, having fallen off durring the night. Finally, the beeping woke her up. She grabbed it.

"Yes?" she answered, sleepy.

"Jo-Ni, it's gorin. What happened last night? I got a comm from you but then it cut off, something about being attacked by a cat?"

"Wha..? Oh. Gorin." she opens her eyes as she recognizes his voice.

"Oh! My eyes!" the light hurt them, and she covered her head with the blanket.

"I'm sorry, Gorin. I was asleep. Crazy night. Yeah, I was gathering plant samples and came across a large cat. It didn't like my pack. It got my arm a little, but I'm okay."

((tag: Gorin))

11. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    "Perhaps you should have the Cuts looked at. After all this is a strange world with unknown diseases. Perhaps one of them got in your system from that."

12. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002

With the new morning arriving, the colonly burst to life again. several servy crews left, the new potential of the planets mineral content meaning the imperial government might actually pay attention to the planet. Preperations for setting up the only 4 prefabricated buildings brought with them. The Barracks, the Command Center, power plant, and a crude starfighter command center to go with with the makeshift landing field.

13. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Name: Rik Galantine
    Race: Human
    Desc: Black hair; brown eyes; 5'9
    Background: Staff Sergeant Galantine was born and raised on Mon Calamari under Imperial occupation. He joined the army as soon as he was of age and has become one of the best combat medics in his home sector. His stance on the civil war is neutral. The reason he is with the Empire is because they are the legal government in the galaxy.

14. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "True, Gorin. I'll find a medic. I'll talk to you later."

Jo-Ni cautiously opened her eyes and found they no longer hurt, though she did have a headache. She brushed her hair, she didn't like the idea of going out with straggly hair, and grabbed a nutrient bar. She left her tent, again flinching a little with the light, and began asking around for a medic.

15. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    The area was busy with action but one or two people managed to stop long enough to give her directions to the medical center, which was a giant makeshift tent with a big red cross on it. Overhead a couple shuttles launched, shuttling supplies back and forth between the surface and the ships above.

16. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jo-Ni entered the tent and was greeted by a medic.

"What can I do for you?" the Medic asked.

"I got scratched by a large cat native to this area. Everyone thinks I need it looked at." Jo-Ni said.

"Let's see it."

The Medic took her over to a chair and unwrapped the bloody bandage around Jo-Ni's arm.

OOC:hate to end it there, but break is over. Sorry for the suspense.

17. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:

Gorin Commed off and began to watch as the first shuttles broke atmoshpere. He was old that it would be constant like this for about a week or so due to the low number of shuttles they had. He was told just to sit tight and to give the men whatever they requisitioned. So he watched as they carted off almost everything on the ship to bne used on the surface, powerless to stop them from taking nessicary supplies for the ship. It became redily apparent that the ships were to be abandoned for the surface, and left in orbit in case of attack. No one would man them unless an emergancy came up, and the men would be force to live down on the surface. the offical announcement had yet to be made, but from the things the men were carting off the ships it became apparent that they would not be livable for more than a week at a time due to air and food. So Gorin sighed and went back to his daily reports, powerless to preserve his home.

18. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: I like your char, heh so im gonna spare his ship. hehe besides what good is it being a captain without a ship.

IC: Onboard the Flagship dreadnaught ((I need a good name for the dreadnaught, im not great at it sometimes, someone have any good ideas?)) The Admiral in charged looked over the status of the colonly on the ground and his ships in space. he hit a button on his desk which started a recorder. "I will keep this ship for my flagship, I also want the Dreadnaught Incriminating and the Corvet Echlon. The corvet will be expanded to become a carrier. all other ships will be decomissioned and stripped for parts and supplies. the captains of the Incriminating and the Echlon Will have a chance to take some of the crewmembers from the decomissioned ships, after I have taken those I wish of course." pushing another button he took out the datacard that his message was recorded too then handed it to a nearby aide. "Take this to the bridge, make sure it is carried out immediatly."

19. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    "Ooh.. You're lucky you have smart friends. Looks like you got a small infection around the cut area but we can clean it up in no time. Meanwhile, I'll need you to take some pills and we'll need some blood samples from you if that's okay? By the way, my name is Rik and I'm the chief medic here. What's your name?"

TAG: Marna_Veign

OOC: btw, was it ok for me to tag you?

20. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC; how about the DREAD Leader. Simple, but to the point.

IC:
    "Gorin was flipping though the daily reports when a crewman cam into his quarters. Gorin put down the reportsd and said, "Speak, why did you come in here?"

"Well, sir the guys they just came back and... well you should see this for yourself sir."

The crewman led him back to the cargo bay and Gorin was astonded to watch the same droids who had been carting his supplies out were now filling his bay with extras. Gorin began to walk back to the bridge to see what was going on but was stoped as a group of crewmen from other shiups docked and began to go to pre-assigned stations. He wlaked to the brideg, shaking his head and wondering what was going on. One minute it looked like his ship was to be abandoned and the next it was the most pampered ship he had ever seen in the way of supplies and crew. He steped out of the lift and onto the bridge just as his lutenent and second in command finished setting up a new crew roster and assigning them all positions.

"Sir, you have a communiqe from the admiral in your quarters sir."

"Alright." he said as he walked to his quarters and turned on his computer terminal. it flashed breifly with the imperial Seal and then the Admiral's message came on screen. He was astounded, maybe he had made a good impression on this admiral but he was suprised none the less. He shut down the computer and leaned back in his chair, smiling for the first time in days.

OOC: Aww well thanks for saving my ship.

21. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC:Ben_Skywalker, you can tag me, and you can call me Marna. It's easier. :)

IC:
    "My name is Jo-Ni Shawa. I've gone through much worse things than having blood samples taken. My shiner is evidence of that. Just don't take all my blood." Jo-Ni smiled to let him know she was okay with the blood samples.

"As for the pills, what type of pills? Something to fight the infection?" she asked.

22. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    OOC: Cool. And you can call me Ben. :)

IC:

Rik chuckled lightly as Jo-Ni made her remark.

"Yeah, the pills are going to do just that. You're pretty smart yourself," said Rik as he gave a smirk.

"What's a smart gal like you doing on a backwater planet like this, if you don't mind me asking.." said Rik as he gave her the pill and got ready to take some blood out.

23. C-3PX

Jul 2, 2002
    Ballin walked through the rows of tents with a snear on his face.
    "What a waste of resourses." he said to stromtrooper friend Mertwa.
    "Yes sir"

24. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: Dread Leader sounds good, hehe it is right down to the point, Ill go with it. Anyways all, Im outta here for a couple days, going to a Giants baseball game, so you guys take care of things for me here, I shall catch you all later.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC:eek:kay, Ben. you can take her blood while she talks, if you want.

IC:
    Jo-Ni takes the pill before answering Rik.

"I'm not as smart as you may think. Just experienced. If I was smart, I wouldn't be here, on this planet. I definately wouldn't have these bruises and black eye. Anyway, what am I doing here? I was caught taking some food from the garden of an Admiral. I got caught and he found out I'm good with knowing what plants have what quality. So, he gives me a choice. Come here to help colonize this planet, or face death. A very painful death. So, here I am."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.