main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Colorado Bound

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'm lazy. So what if I'm copying and pasting. I hate to report things like this, but this is going to make some of you extremely sad, and some people are going to be very happy. But, far be it for me to really care what anyone thinks, right? ;) AND YOU BETTER BE AT DRAGON CON. Or I will get Natasha after you.

Sorry for the mass email, but this is a bit important. On November 6th, 2005, I will be doing something I never thought possible. Changing my state of residence from New Jersey to Colorado. Yes, you read that right. I am moving to Colorado. Before all the questions start coming and being asked, I will tell you that I am planning on going back to school and getting my damn degree, finally. I have a place to live, and I will be surrounded by three of my closest friends. I am very excited about the move, but yet VERY sad because I am leaving behind people that I love with all of my heart.

For those of you who live in New Jersey (or those who want to make the trek to see me), on November 4th, I am planning to go out that night (one last night of Yuengling before I move to Fat Tire Country). Either Hoboken or this 80s bar that I love here in Jersey. Just please reserve November 4th for my last hoorah in New Jersey. In fact, email me if you'd like more info on my last hoorah. However, if you cannot make it on Friday night, my SW Fan Force is holding a charity dinner for The Smile Train on Saturday. It's basically all you can eat buffet, including drink. If you're interested in attending that and purchasing a ticket, please let me know.

For those of you who I might not see because of distance, please, keep in touch. I will miss everyone SO much, and I hope that a visit to Colorado is in your plans soon :)

I basically am free to make plans with anyone for the next two weeks if you'd like to hang with me before I go. I'm an email away

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    If it's any consolation, there's a whole other group of lunatics awaiting your arrival in Colorado ;)

Good luck on the move and the new direction your life is taking :)

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    We will assimilate her, there is no resisting.

She shall become one with the RMFF... ;)

4. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  5. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Best of luck and best wishes! :D

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    They've already corrupted me. This could be bad. ;)

Joe, I've got a 2 hour layover in Philly on the 6th. FYI.

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Marie

Best of luck on your move :)

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Good luck Marie :) I will miss you greatly, and hope we can stay in touch. Best wishes and I hope you find the peace you are searching for :)

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Just in time for snowboard season! :D

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    One of you has to teach me, because I have never snowboarded in my life! I can see myself breaking my leg now.....:oops:

11. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Leg? Probably not... However, I wouldn't count on sitting comfortably for a few days ;)

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
  13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i am already looking into taking lesson this season. i tried once to learn and that failed. sitting was painful for a few days.

14. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Ok, time to chime in-

I am sincerely happy for Marie. It takes a big person to pick up and move; everyone has the 'pioneer' spirit, but few of us act on it. I hope you get everything you work hard for!

This IS something she and I discussed and we plan to see each other as often as possible. (You can't go 4 years with someone and just cut them out of your life - believe me I tried!lmao). I wish her the best, and she always has a home in NJ!

TO COLORADO: Take care of her and make her laugh. She likes that.

~DG~

15. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Marie, you will be greatly missed by all of us. :(

I wish the best for you in your new home and hope to see you soon. :)

Herb

16. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Marie, good luck in Colorado! It's beautiful out there.

17. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    What!!!! :eek:

Marie I won't let you move. :p

But I wish you good luck and I hope you will be coming back home soon.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Good luck with the move and with school! No matter what don't forget these three things:

1) It's OK to miss being home in NJ, but it will always be there. Take this opportunity and act on it to the fullest. Now that you have decided to take the plunge don't hold anything back.

2) You will always have the support of your friends back home. So even if you start to feel a little lonely think about them and how proud they are of your decision to follow your dreams.

3) Even though you're moving to the other side of the country (the National League) don't forget to pay us American Leagers a visit from time to time ;).

Again... good luck and best wishes on your journey [face_good_luck]!

19. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Thank you for your kind words, everyone :) This has been really bittersweet for me, because I am going to miss everyone a lot. Gary and I are going to see as much of each other as possible, and my phone bill is probably going to be ginormous from calling him so much. I'm going to try to get out to Vegas to see him come February when he's at a meeting, I just hope it works out financially. I'll be living rent free, so it's a strong possibility. There's also Dragon*Con that I will be at.

For those of you of age and in the area (or if you want to make a special journey for me), here are the details of my Bon Voyage Party.

When: November 4th
    Time: 10:30pm
    Where: Axis Lounge, Carlstadt, NJ

I hope to see you before I leave!

20. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Didn't you say you were delaying your move for Supermegafest, Marie? If you still are, I'll probably see you there to wish you farewell. You're also still welcome to post on the Boston board, of course. :)

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I was trying to do that so I can see everyone from Boston/RI before I go, but the job situation here didn't pan out as well as I thought, so I have to leave sooner rather than later. I wish I could be there with you guys, because I had a wonderful time last year.

22. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Best of luck Marie on your move to Colorado. One of my buds lives there and loves it.

I myself have moved across country, well sort of from MN to MA, and it is pretty exciting. Driving a U-Haul truck through NY was fun until I had to pay the toll at the end. lol

Anyway, I wish ya the best of luck Marie with everything you do and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Jorge

23. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    TO COLORADO: Take care of her

Or else.

I know you'll do alright out there. But you better come back! Otherwise Islander-boy is gonna be strutting around like he owns the place.

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    He better not take my place as your ticket buddy. Unless you can convert him. :)

25. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    :_|

You can't go! Who else will defend the country from the like of Ted Kennedy and boy loving liberal Governors? I can't do it alone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.