main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Colorado Renaissance Fair 2005 - Trooping Event

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    As usual, we will be attending the Ren Fair in Larkspur CO in June. The weekend we chose is June 24th through the 26th. This is not an official event and everyone is welcome to come. Some of us like to troop this at least 1 day (usually Saturday) and go in Ren gear the next day. On Saturday night we have a garrison BBQ at our campsite in the Castlerock campground ((800) 387-9396) or Castle Rock Campground please call and make reservations and tell them you are with the Orndorff's. Even if you don't want to stay you are invited to join us for the Ren Fair and / or the BBQ. What we usually do for the BBQ is you bring your own meat, drinks and a side dish to share with everyone. It is a blast and we hope to see you there.

John has already made his reservations and is in space 78. There are several cabins, tent and electric and water sites near them. They recommend getting your reservations in early so we can all be in the same general area. Wes will probably be un-socialable like last year and be clear on the other side of the campground again. :p

Colorado Renaissance Fair 2005

Pics from last year

So lets get some Troopers together for this event!

2. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    My brother lives in Colorado Springs and there is an IMAX there. If Episode 3 is still playing we could kill 2 birds with one stone! :D

3. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Good Thinking!!!

4. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Can't do it, worked there to many years as either fire, or police. Since I grew up there, you can never be the Lord Sith in your own home town.

5. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    think about the MG BBQ....mmmmmm meat and grog!

6. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Ill be there at least one day.prolly with the FF ,Unless I can get my officer done by then.

hmm[face_thinking].jess, on one your your drives through p-town wanna stop and eat some dew drop pizza? you know you want to.

nmfiredawg, you know you want to. [peer_pressure] all the cool EMTs are doing it.[/perr_pressure]

7. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    You got it Bro! I think that is a awesome idea! Besides...I have to track someone down too while I am there!

8. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Yeah but if I go up there then I have to take the family, and let everyone see AJ, and the traffic sucks big time during Renny season. Being there since the 1984 opening of the fair in Loopville (aka Larkspur) has been interesting. You know I have never paid to get in to that thing. [face_thinking] We are thinking of going back the week before the 11th of June, but need to be back for library day.

9. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Bumping this up

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    re-bumbing.

So, anyone other than GF thinking of coming up?
    There are several of us in p-toen thinking of doing an olde school Imperial costume.

11. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i would love to go... i'm working on an officer costume, so we'll see.
    i've never been to the renfest in co, so i don't know much about the area. is everyone going to camp? or will there be a hotel plan?

12. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Closest hotels/motels are in Castle Rock which is about 10 miles away. The camp ground is about three miles away. beautiful area, :_| Miss the area. need to win the lottery to move back to be near the family. But would miss you guys...

13. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
  14. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    whats bump?

15. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    It is a growth on the back of a camel silly! :p

{A BUMP is a way of bringing a topic to the top of the forum..."to bump it to the top"!}

16. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Keeping this thread alive! It will be great fun! Yvonne and I are going...so is Colleen, Todd and the kids!

17. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    i want to go... maybe i can convince one of my friends to go with me-- are you guys all camping?

18. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    We are staying at a cheap motel in North Colorado Springs.

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We are camping....if you can call being in a pop-up camper camping? The campgrounds have little cabins too!

20. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    cool.
    i will look into it, because i definitely want to go...

21. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    thats not camping! camping is where you have a sleeping bag a blanket and the night stars above your head and nothing else... :p

22. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    THAT'S not camping, Varz!

Camping is where you are so exhausted from being pursued through the forest that you lay where you've fallen and slip into unconsciousness on the stony ground, until the freezing rain rouses you and forces you into a nearby hole under the roots of a tree for cover and YOU WISH you could see the night stars above your head, but the thing whose den you are cowering in is returning and he has other plans for you.
    There are worse things than camping in a pop-up, baby.
    There are teeth...

23. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    arew those teeth of ewoks?

man, i miss camping!

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Pop-up's are roughing it for me... I go "camping" in my 23ft trailer :D [face_devil]

Won't be any camping for me this year though. :( No time; toooooo much SW to experience this summer :D

The Troop at the Rennfaire is always a good time, so I hope you all get a chance to experience that one. :)

25. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    I want to go but will see what my life is doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.