DFW, TX COLOSSAL CLONES!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DARTHKOOL, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Okay, I know a few of you are just too shy to admit it. Some of you even said, "I gotta see it a few more times before I can render an opinion".

F (Forget) that.

I'm ready to say now that ATTACK OF THE CLONES might not only be the best of the Star Wars movies, but it could be my FAVORITE Ever!!

Hell, I just say it now. It IS THE BEST.

Everybody out there is too wrapped up thinking with your hearts and don't want to turn lose of The Phantom Menace or ROTJ as your favorite movie. I understand, but "let loose of your feelings..."

ATTACK OF THE CLONES KICKS Everybody's A*S!!

Can I say it now?
    Yoda is now my favorite. UNTOUCHABLE.

Okay, go back to what you were doing.
    You have my permission to use TPM as kindling wood this winter.
  2. ionMech Jedi Youngling

Better than Empire. Yes, you heard me right. And I'll say it again. Better than Empire.

Yoda, Yoda, you seek Yoda.
  3. jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yep ionMech, I'm right with you on that one
  4. Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Youngling

It was just a Colossal experience. I didn't think that the movie was perfect, but this movie was just one of those unique experiences, for me, in which the imperfections were just so tiny when you look at the whole. The best movie ever? I don't know. I have never walked out of a movie like I did last night.(Completely flabergasted. Unable to find words to describe it.) I was the greatest movie going experience ever for me. And the movie itself was 98.9 % of that experience. Anakin was great! Obi Wan great! Yoda. Infinitely great! Count Dooku incredible. I could really see the Leia in Padme or is the Padme in Leia. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis
  5. super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    hearing so many good things...must go see...still in school, but must go see....actually i'm heading out to see it this afternoon after a meeting with a friend....i'm so excited.
  6. ionMech Jedi Youngling

I walked into the movie thinking, "Hey, if it's not TOO great I still had a fun time. The experience was great. I think the wait was a lot of fun."

I walked out completely speechless. Wow. Count Dooku. So elegant yet still such a badass. I mean he really kicked some ass. Couldn't beat Yoda though, heh heh heh.
  7. RB-wan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ho boy, is Episode 2 a doozy!

It's been said before, and I started forming my opinion before actually seeing the movie ( reading the novel and whatnot ): AOTC is better than Empire, you bet. Taken on its own, without comparision to the other chapters, AOTC is a great movie. Seeing the progression of the characters, the effects, whatever, from TPM, the movie is a standout.

I cannot go on enough about AOTC....but the experience is certainly enhanced by the camarderie of my fellow moviegoers, the beauty of DLP, and my own love for the saga.

See y'all at a theater soon, bros--

Bri
  8. Brand-X Jedi Youngling

"I have a feeling you're going to be the death of me."

-Hey all, I just wanted to say thanks to the Fanforce crew for all the hard work they put into making the Big Event such a huge success! They displayed great leadership and organizational skill in all aspects of planning and execution. It was great getting to hang out with you all in the weeks leading up to last night and I look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

-My first impression of the film is that is just friggin rocks! Can't wait to catch it again tomorrow. Forget the media losers and the "haters"... Clones IS Star Wars! The DLP presentation was flawless, and I thought the crowd was even better than the previous Episode I crowd. I have never waved my lightsaber with such pride! May the Force be With You all!

peace,
    Brand-X
  9. Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well, I saw it again today for the second time and I enjoyed it even more than I did at the midnight show. I was so exhausted and shell shocked at that point that my mind just couldn't comprehend what I was seeing at midnight.

But today, after resting a bit, I found myself getting swept up in the story and smiling upon seeing how well the film flows and enjoying the incredible performances and effects.

I was really choking back tears in the Tusken Raider scene and the garage scene afterwards. Hayden Christensen is beyond a brilliant actor--he's awe-inspiring.

Christopher Lee was brilliant as well. Just the smile on his face when he's fighting Obi-Wan is amazing, to say nothing about his taunts. And then to see that smug grin disappear when fighting Anakin. The thing that keeps going through my mind during the Anakin/Dooku fight was that Dooku was thrown off for the first time in the film. He had no idea what the hell Anakin was. A Jedi that was attacking with hate and anger and with a level of power he had never seen before. So, he did the smart thing and ended the fight quickly. I'm sure it won't be so easy next time. ;)

Ian MacDiarmid is such a delight to watch. For the true fans who know the intricacies of the story, his portrayal as the 'good' Chancellor is hilarious. He's mocking all of the senators around him whenever he speaks. You can tell that his character is almost on the verge of laughing because it is so easy to fool them. Hiding in plain sight, indeed. :)

This was, by far, the darkest and possibly most entertaining Star Wars movie yet. When I think about the movie as a whole, it is with a sense of impending doom that again almost brings tears to my eyes. The romance rings true to me on such a personal level that it is frightening. Most of us remember the time when there was that first love in your life. And you remember how it felt like they had invaded your very soul and that you would die if you couldn't release those feelings.

And what's brilliant about the romance in the movie is that in spite of the fact that we, as an audience, know that the love they share can only end in disaster, we can't blame them for doing what they do.

I could go on for days about this movie. The arrogance of the Jedi, the fact that Yoda and Mace Windu realize they are failing, yet can do nothing about it.....amazing.

I've heard complaints that the Obi-Wan/Anakin/Dooku fight wasn't as good as the end battle in Episode I. I really can't agree with that at all. It was a very different kind of fight, yet was every bit as well choreographed and executed. But the way they filmed it was a great way to do it. They didn't retread old ground, but instead showed the fight with quick flashes of light upon their faces (for Anakin/Dooku). And the faces told the story of the fight in a truly brilliant way.

And also--the real showstopper fight was still to come with Yoda/Dooku. Doubtless you've all read the other reviews about how awesome that fight was, and I don't need to reiterate that. It's all true and it's amazing.

Me, I loved Episode I. I still do. But I think AOTC just blew it out of the water.

I think even Mr. Dooling liked it. ;)
  10. buddylove Jedi Youngling

This movie was absolutely phenominal. When I got interviewed after seeing it the first words I uttered to the camera were "WOW!!!"
    Yoda rocked in this movie. I liked all the chracters in it.

I loved the whole experience of watching the movie with 560 hardcore Star Wars fans. Evrybody screaming, yelling, and swinging lightsabers all at the same time. The experience was just a fraction of the bliss I felt after seeing the movie. The movie was highlight of the experience. I will say it was the best Star Wars movie of all.
  11. super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i absolutely loved it...it was just wow....after i can out i wanted to go and shout oh my gosh to anyone who would listen...i ended up seeing it at galaxy 9, but it was excellent still...we waited in like a 3 min. line (they had just began seating people in the theater when we got in the end of the line) and didn't get very bad seats either...we were in the center of the row 3 rows from the top of the auditorium we were in....when we came out there were people lined up all the way outside the building and as me and my friend were walking out we were shouting to all of them "it's worth waiting in line for" "it's great" "you're gonna love it"
  12. DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, that's another thing.
    Look over to the left of the page at Christopher Lee.

The man just kicked TOTAL A*s!

Probably one of the better performances of his brilliant, long and illustrious career.
    Quite possibly his BEST.

A far cry from playing Mr. Scaramanga (Man With The Golden Gun). Such sauve and debonair EVIL.

I can't wait to go see it again!
    I plan on going Monday and Tuesday to see the greatest Star Wars movie EVER!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.