main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colossalcon March 14-16

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Bobafemme, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I received this email and thought of you all.

Hello:
    I was writing to inform you about our convention, The Cleveland Colossal Convention, or Colossalcon for short. We have several guests appearing
    that maybe of interest to yourself and your friends.

We have Amy Allen: Actress known for her role in Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones as Aayla Secura, a blue-skinned Padawan, embodied Jedistrength and Twi'lek
    femininity in an eye-catching combination of beauty and power. Amy is also a ILM Production Assistant.

Bob Bergen known for his many voice acting talents and including the following Star Wars Voice Work: Star Wars: Episode One Racer Clegg Holdfast, Gasgano,Ody Mandrell N/A Video Game
    Star Wars: Force Commander Luke Skywalker,Coruscant Palace Guard
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Luke Skywalker N/A Video Game
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Luke Skywalker N/A Video Game

If anyone is a fan of Star Trek we have Anne Ramsay: Known for many film & television rolls including Ensign Clancy & Engineer Clancey from Star Trek: The Next Generation, Lisa from Mad About You,Dr. McCormick from Critters 4, Lt. Col. Grace Alexander from Planet of the Apes(2001)

The Colossalcon has a great deal of programing including cosplay/masquerade, Gundam model & art contest, anime dealers, guests, panels, prizes, viewing and the like.

The Convention details are
    Name: Cleveland Colossal Convention or as it's being called Colossalcon
    Date: March 14 to March 16 2003
    Venue: Holiday inn Select
    Address: 6001 Rockside Road, Independence, OH 44131

Thank you for your time
    Will
    Colossalcon

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmm. Sounds appealing... and it will be right around the anniversary bash time... Kill 2 birds with 1 stone methinks???

Amy Allen... [face_love]

*jaw drops*

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    This is the convention I mentioned last month, in case anybody cares.

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Ok for a while I was afaird we didn't know about something like this!

It would be kind of good to go...and meet Amy AGAIN :D :D :D .

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sounds like fun, it'd be nice to see Amy Allen ((again)) ;)

This convention is going to be happening around the time of our year anniversary (March 16th) It might be a fun way to celebrate our 1st year together as a Fanforce?

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    See my above post for my thoughts on this matter. ;)

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    As we discussed at the last meeting, plans are underway to celebrate our 1 year anniversary at Colossalcon, Saturday March 15th...by arranging to present Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) with one of our JKOC T-shirts.

Given that leaves us with just about 1 week, it's about time we get this thing organized. Don has been in contact with the people from the convention...and got the OK to present this to her. BMack is working on getting the baby-tee for Amy Allen ready by next weekend (right Brian?)...and I'm putting together a list of local media to invite to generate some publicity for the event...and US.

If people are planning on going, having a group of us there together would make a nice "photo-op" for newspapers and such!

Don, any chance of getting discounted tickets...if we're drawing some media attention to this?

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I don't think they would discount tickets solely on the chance we might get some media there for an article that probably wouldn't appear until after the show was over.

9. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    pssst... Saturday is the 15th, Sunday is the 16th.

What day will you guys be there? I can't make it Saturday, but Sunday might be possible.

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Well, that sucks Grn. I'm going on Saturday, for the costume contest. Hopefully it won't be a mess of 14 year-olds dressed as Pokemon.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Sorry to hear about the GrnJalera. We're going on Saturday...so if we get some media attention, it will make Sunday's paper (being our anniversary).

Don, what time should we try and have everyone there to meet Amy Allen? I'd looked at what the 501st did at Celebration II...should we have some kind of "award" for her as a Honorary Jedi Knight of Cleveland? That way, IF the baby-tee isn't ready...we have a backup plan! Another thing, having some people there for a group photo with her would be cool!

Who else can make it on Saturday?

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I think either early in the day would be best, before she gets tired of talking with people. Also, there are (hopefully) less people there then (a group picture might take up some space). A more specific time is hard to pin down until a list of events and times is posted. If they are posting said list.

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    What time does the place open? And what are the prices? I thought the discount price has already expired... and you need to pay full price at the door now... but I could be wrong. Any help here would be hot...

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't know what time this place opens the doors. But I agree we should meet with Amy Allen early in the day. I'm sending e-mails to everyone I can think of Monday (afternoon)...Don, any idea on what time we should arrange to present the t-shirt to her.

Here's what the certificate says:

The Jedi Knights of Cleveland
    presents
    (picture of Aayla Secura)
    Amy Allen/Aayla Secura
    Honorary JEDI MASTER status
    March - 2003

I'll grab a frame for it, and we have something that will look realy good (with the T-shirt) presentation

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Sounds cool Geoff.

Hey, you still want me to make the flyers?

B, is the logo up yet?

16. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I'll ask if I can go, but I don't know if I can spare the money.

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Candace, Cindy, or anyone not interested in comics or anime, this isn't something I think you would enjoy, despite Amy Allen appearing. In fact, even I think $15 to get in for one day is steep, but I'm meeting people I know from another message board (assuming I remember to PM them).

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I like comics.

I like Anime... a teeny tiny bit. I like the beginning episodes of DBZ. Like the first season or so. Haven't watched Salor Moon in awhile, I liked that show too.

19. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I like anime and comic books ok, but $15 is a little too much money for me.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cindy, yes...go ahead with the flyers. If we can get the word out (about us) to as many people as possible, then this will be worth it...aside from meeting Amy Allen.

$15 is a bit much, so like anything else we do...nobody is required to go. However, for those who would like to check out the convention, and meet Amy Allen (on behalf of JKOC) going with a group of us would be fun.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    My work situation has changed dramatically. I still plan on going to the convention...but I HAVE to go to work Saturday (9-3:30) or I won't get paid. So while it would have been better to meet with Amy Allen early in the day...can we (whoever is going) meet up at around 4:30pm????

Depending on the T-shirt situation, we may only have the "Honorary Member" award to present. Brian, what's the latest on the shirts???

I'm making another attempt at getting some local media to come out. I've been general about the time (good thing)...but if 4:30 is OK with everyone going, I'll let them know for sure.

Don, how are we gonna approach her for this? Is there someone from the convention going to introduce us, or do we just walk up as a group to her autograph table and say "Hi, we're The Jedi Knights of Cleveland...we'd like to present you this ((t-shirt/award/both)) and would like to make you an honorary member!"

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm really strapped for cash, and while I'm into comics and anime, I'm just not hardcore enough to spend $15 to get in with my current bank account. So I think I'm going to be backing out now. Maybe if I had more cash or the admission was cheaper... oh well. Have a good time guys, and somebody stalk Amy in my place! j/k.

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I figure we'll just walk right up to her and give her the stuff. It's isn't a big place so finding each other isn't going to be a problem.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Anyone wanting to join the "small rebel force" that is going to this thing, and presenting Amy Allen with the "HONORARY JEDI MASTER" status, here's the basic info:

I'm still waiting to hear from people at PD (and other local media)...but as of now, nobody is coming out to cover this. But...I have a plan!

We do this, and send pictures and such to "Star Wars Insider" (Pittsburgh go tin for the IMAX opening night) And we get our name in "the paper" that almost all SW fans read!!!

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Heh... good idea... You know me, I always bring a camera. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.