main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colossalcon March 14-16

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Bobafemme, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    yeah the bleepity bleep bleep shirts didn't get to the guys so they could bleepity bleep bleep screen them in time. so the amy allen shirt ain't gonna make it...

-b-

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Since the Amy Allen shirt is a no-go I would like to reiterate to anyone thinking of going that isn't into comics, manga and anime- I don't think you're going to like this. The $15 admission is high and I don't think there will be a whole lot for you to do, aside from meeting Ms. Allen.

You have been warned, twice.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Padawan and I are still interested in going, and while the T-shirt would be nice (and we still can get it to her) that's why I came up with the award...as a backup plan.

Don, we'll still meet you in the front of the convention around 4:30. Say "hi" to Amy...get a picture, offer to send her the shirt (once it comes in) as part of our her status as "Honorary Jedi Master".

I figure, "meet and greet" with Amy...get a picture for the website, and the basic idea can still work.

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Works for me.

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We just got back from the convention, and here's the latest:

Don met us there, and we spent a couple minutes talking with Amy. She LOVED the award, and the idea of being considered an "Honorary Jedi Master"...and she wants us to send her her t-shirt (as soon as possible). We took some pictures of us with her, and of her with the award (looks like we've got another page to add to the website)

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That was a very VERY small place...but Amy was worth it...then again I did buy a shirt I don't even know what it says because it is not in English!!! The again Geoff is only down to 1 autograph he owes me ;) ;)

7. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    We'll have to see if Amy would be so kind as to send us a pic of her in the t-shirt (not just the t-shirt, random... sick puppy) that we can post on the website.

-b-

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey, I'd be perfectly content to see a picture without the shirt too. ;)

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's why I'm the one with her buisness card! I can have my small "moment of glory" at having the hottest girl in SW "give me her phone number"...but I'm not going to get carried away (I've got another Amy to consider) [face_love]

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    *ahem* Which one of us did Ms. Allen say she remembered meeting before?

Oh yeah, that was me. :cool:

As for the show itself, like Emily said, it was very small. Talking with Amy again was nice, and my friend Koop gave me some good deals on comics so meeting him was nice, but this was definately not worth $15 to get in. In fact both Amy and Koop were saying they regretted coming; it was an anime crowd, not comics or Star Wars. Or, as one of the three or four comics dealers told me, costumes don't have pockets. (Anime fans like dressing in costume.)

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Don the only reason she remembered you was because you when to THREE different conventions she was at. We had only seen her at C2!

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It was cool just talking with her for a couple minutes. She mentioned that she recognizes familiar faces (from other cons). It'd be nice to think she remembers Emily and myself (the "brother and sister" act that we are).

Like I said, I'm glad she was honored to recieve the award (and eventual t-shirt) and be considered one of us.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Originally posted by Emily: Don the only reason she remembered you was because you when to THREE different conventions she was at. We had only seen her at C2!

I prefer to think of it as she attended three (four now) conventions I was at. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.