main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Colour Scheme: Whaddaya Want?***Voting ends Dec 6***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    At the last meeting we discussed that the only thing standing in the way of a new banner was that we didn't have a colour scheme for Indy to use.

The plan is, we go around the boards, have a look at the various colour schemes other forums have, and steal the three we like the best. (Post them as links here. When we get down to a set we as a group can come to a consensus on, we'll have a quickie vote and send that linkage on to Indy so he can upload our new banner and colours for us.

Until then, of course, we have "borrowed" the banner and colour scheme of Victoria, Australia's forum. (Mwhahaha!)

*Derisa*

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    These are the one's I like.

http://boards.theforce.net/

http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/

http://boards.theforce.net/Communications/b10006/

3. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    You know, you could ask politely to have someone create you one just for you. :p

A banner too.

And an icon...

*cough* I'm not bitter.. ;)

4. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I happen to like the second choice from your trio, Derisa, but without the e-bay advertising. And there's just something decidedly not SW about that pink ribbon (although I fully understand what it stands for). It would be great if we could find some appropriate and applicable local advertiser to help fund the cost for---say---$50.00 a month?

Just a thought.

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Okay, we can't keep waiting on feedback for this. I'm giving everyone a week from now to post their preferences for a colour scheme for our forum.

Currently, while we're temporarily using Victoria, Australia's banner, the colour scheme is:

header: green
    sub header: red
    header links: beige
    read thread titles: black
    unread thread titles: black
    user names: white on black
    background: beige

I may not be calling the sections or colours by the technically correct names, but it doesn't matter so long as we're all using the same terminology on this forum.

Make your suggestions in the next week, or live with the consequences. o_O

For those that are curious, here is what our banner looks like so far. This is a work in progress, and we are very grateful to Indigo_Jade for all his work thus far.

He is waiting to add the "curve" or sidebar for when we give him a forum colour scheme to which he can match the images.

6. Aurra-Singg

Aurra-Singg Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    That banner is *really* good.

One thing, though: any way to get a reference to EpII in there? I, IV, V, and VI are nicely noted; maybe an Anakin-Padme shot similar to the Han-Luke-Leia to cover EpII? (and EpIII in advance)

Aurra

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Actually Aurra, this isn't where we are discussing the banner: that'll be once we have a colour scheme for Indy to post as a whole. This thread (please note the subject line) is to discuss colour scheme options. Do you have any suggestions?

*Derisa*

8. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Twelve hours left...

EDIT: `kay, you guys had a chance to speak up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.