main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Colourful Gift - G - Qui, Obi (and Faramir too)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_artorius, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_artorius

jedi_artorius Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    Title: Colourful Gift
    Rating: G
    Author: jedi_artorius
    Summary: Obi-Wan bought a gift for his Master, but doesn't think he'll like it because it's not very much. one-shot.
    Author's notes: inspired and dedicated to my wonderful Master Athena (and Faramir too, heehee)

Colourful Gift

Obi-Wan sighed. He knew Qui-Gon wouldn't like it, it wasn't good enough for him. Qui-Gon Jinn should have something fantastic, something that reflected the man that he was. For Obi-Wan's birthday, his Master had gotten him something very personal, that only someone so close to the Padawan would know to get, that it would have meaning forever. Obi-Wan sighed again, he could never do that. He could never get his Master something that could possibly come close to equal the bond that they shared.

"Ruff!" Faramir bound in, jumping up in Obi-Wan's lap and wagging his tail, "Ruff!"

"I know, silly boy," Obi-Wan smiled slightly, rubbing the pup's ears, "Maybe you're right, I should just give it to him." Faramir licked the Padawan's hands. "Alright, let's go."

Carrying the puppy, Obi-Wan walked back out of their sleeping area to the front room where Qui-Gon was sitting in his favourite chair. "Master?" Obi-Wan set the puppy on his lap, who promptly curled up and begged the large Jedi for petting.

Qui-Gon smiled down at the happy puppy and then looked up at his Padawan. "What is it Obi-Wan?"

"I-..I have something for you," the Padawan said hesitently, his grey eyes looking away slightly, "It's not much..." He reached inside his tunic and pulled out a clear object and handed it to Qui-Gon. "Hold it up to the light."

The prism shown brilliant rainbows about the room. "I got you a rainbow, Master, happy birthday."

"Obi-Wan..." Qui-Gon trailed off, his eyes fixed on the prism and the colours it created, "It's beautiful, thank you."

"I didn't think you'd like it very much..." Obi-Wan said quietly.

Taking his gaze away from the heartfelt gift, Qui-Gon's deep blue eyes looked lovingly at his Padawan. "It's one of the best gifts I have ever recieved. You are the best one of all," he smiled, reaching over and gently tugging on the younger man's Padawan braid, making him smile slightly, "Thank you."

2. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
  3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That was great! :D How sweet! A prism! Aren't they so nifty? :D

4. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    *hugs Padawan and hugs story* I still love it! Any excuse to read it again. :D So wonderful! *squeaks* I'm so glad you posted it, heehee. *goes and reads it again*

5. mad4dos

mad4dos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    nice little fic :)
    mad4dos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.