main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Colourings by JediNemesis - NEW STUFF 10/09 - Sistu And The Gang

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediNemesis, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hello everybody!

I'm still relatively new to FanArt, and I don't post too much - hopefully that will change in the near future as I get used to the forum. :) One of the first threads I visited here was FalconFan's, and I've since been teaching myself digital colouring on some of her pieces.

Originally I posted the colourings in her thread, but I'm starting to feel guilty about hijacking it, so at her suggestion I started my own.

Comments are more than welcome :D

[b]Colourings[/b] (oldest to newest)

[i]Note:[/i] All of the original drawings are by FalconFan unless otherwise stated. :)

Sith Lord (requested originally by ScaPaCamem)

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/SithLord.jpg]

Jacen and Tenel Ka [this might conceivably be a spoiler if you haven't read [i]The Joiner King[/i], so just the links here]

[link=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/JacenandTenelKa.jpg]Version 1[/link]
    [link=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/JacenandTK.jpg]Version 2[/link]

Marina, a character belonging to [b]RogueSquadronFlygirl[/b]:

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/M1.jpg]

And last but not least, Kimei, belonging to [b]mystralgurl[/b]:

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/Kimei.jpg]

More will be up as I do them. Hopefully I can also upload some bits and pieces of my own work :)

Thanks everyone for looking in!

Nem

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow! You are doing a great job. And you are self taught!! That is inspiring to me, since I am also trying to teach myself to draw and color, but I am not having such good results. Excellent work!

AG88

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    =D=

Nem!! You did it! You finally decided to showcase your own skills here--excellent! I didn't realize you'd already done so many of these, and am no less impressed with your technique--they all look wonderful! I suppose, of all of these, tho--my favs are the Sith Lord (how cool does he look, with blonde hair??) and Jacen and TK. I can certainly see why the original requesters have asked you to color them--they're so much better with your special touch! Well done!

FF

4. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Thanks so much for looking in [:D]

academygrad88 You are doing a great job. Thank you - I hope I'm getting better. And you are self taught!! That is inspiring to me, since I am also trying to teach myself to draw and color, but I am not having such good results. Teaching me to draw would be a whole new kettle of fish. I can't. :p But colouring IMO is more to do with getting familiar with the software - I'm still learning my way around Corel PP. Excellent work! Thanks again [face_blush]

FalconFan First off, thanks for the permission to post up all your drawings in here. :) I didn't realize you'd already done so many of these, and am no less impressed with your technique--they all look wonderful! I didn't realise I'd done so many either until I went to Photobucket to dig out the links! Thank you for the "wonderful" too - I really am still finding my feet. I suppose, of all of these, tho--my favs are the Sith Lord (how cool does he look, with blonde hair??) The world needs more blond Sith. :p I should really redo him - there's a couple of things I can see that could do with fixing, now. and Jacen and TK. Thank you - one thing, does her hair look too orange to you? I'm not familiar with 'canon' as to the NJO characters and have no idea if it should be redder. I can certainly see why the original requesters have asked you to color them--they're so much better with your special touch! Well done! "Special touch"? [face_laugh] [face_blush] I like seeing things in colour, but hey, if you hadn't done the drawings I wouldn't have had the chance. Thanks again [:D]

In other news, JW-Titus PM'd me asking if I could colour in some character portraits FF had done for his fanfiction, The Sith Wars:

Sci Jardon, king of the Jardonians:
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/Sci3.jpg]

Darth Siv, Sith Lord:
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/Siv3.jpg]

There are another four or so to do, so I'll probably update soon. :)

Nem

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, very nice! :D Sci looks great! I guess I always sort of imagined him wearing a warm bronze colored robe here--but I have to say that blue suits him very well, particularly with the "warm" coloring for his eyes and skin (which would, in actuality, "wash out" a bit with the bronze color I was thinking of... :D ). Lovely! And Darth Siv is just as nasty colored--keeping his skintone pale is a great choice here. Great work--and I'll bet JW is really kicking up his heels over these! ;)

FF

6. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Hello again :)

FF Sci looks great! I guess I always sort of imagined him wearing a warm bronze colored robe here--but I have to say that blue suits him very well, particularly with the "warm" coloring for his eyes and skin (which would, in actuality, "wash out" a bit with the bronze color I was thinking of... ). JWT specified blue in his request, and I agree he got it right - the blue with a Mediterranean skin tone goes rather nicely. And Darth Siv is just as nasty colored--keeping his skintone pale is a great choice here. Again, I can't take the credit. JWT requested "pasty white skin", so Siv's face and hands only have a smidgen of colour in them (enough so it doesn't look B&W). Great work--and I'll bet JW is really kicking up his heels over these! Thanks! JW seems pretty happy, which is great :D

Two more for JW-Titus, same story:

Sasha the Marauder (am I going mad, or does she look like Lara Croft? :confused: )
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/SashaC.jpg]

And Logan, who I am ridiculously proud of, because there's an awful lot of detailing in this picture and trying to match the colour, when I realised I'd missed a bit, was a nightmare. But hey, he turned out OK, so I'm happy :D
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/LoganC.jpg]

Thanks everyone who looks in!

Nem

7. Lippy

Lippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2004
    Heeeeeeeeeey WOOOOOOOOOOOW - those are fantasic!

Well Done LUV!

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    These are beautiful, Nem!!
    =D=

I love the way you've done Sasha--but Logan just looks outstanding! And yes about all the details on his robe--it was tough, for both of us! lol! But you've handled it beautifully, with all the trim and shading--it's just like I imagined it! Great, great work (and you just can't know how much fun it is to see these done this way--they're just so different, and your skills really make them "pop!" Thanks! :D )!!

FF

9. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    Great work, JediNemesis!!

Very, very well done!!

I'm very pleased. :D

10. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Hi guys!

Lippy Heeeeeeeeeey WOOOOOOOOOOOW - those are fantastic! [face_laugh] Whoa. I'm glad you like them! Well Done LUV! Thanks - as one colourist to another, thanks. :)

FF These are beautiful, Nem!! Thanks! [:D] I love the way you've done Sasha--but Logan just looks outstanding! And yes about all the details on his robe--it was tough, for both of us! lol! But you've handled it beautifully, with all the trim and shading--it's just like I imagined it! IMHO that's always going to be the hard bit for a colourist - trying to pin down what the requester/original artist is thinking of. JWT's been giving me very detailed descriptions though, which helps no end. :) Great, great work (and you just can't know how much fun it is to see these done this way--they're just so different, and your skills really make them "pop!" Thanks!)!! I just think a lot of things look as good or better in colour, and I'm beginning to really get a feel for how to make it work. It's so much fun colouring in. (I feel like I'm 5 again . . .) Thanks very much for the kind words. :D

JW-Titus Ah, the owner. :p Great work, JediNemesis!! Thanks - although I couldn't have done it without a detailed description, which you v. kindly gave me. :D I'm very pleased. It shows [face_laugh] Glad you like them - hope your readers do too ;)

Thanks everyone!

Nem

11. MasterDrejc

MasterDrejc Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2003
    JediNemesis,

if I may speak in the name of all JW-Titus' readers (otherwise I'll do it just in my own):

[:D]

=P~

[face_dancing]

Your work will be included in the book!

Keep up the good work and we'll spread the word.

12. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Hello again! :)

MasterDrejc if I may speak in the name of all JW-Titus' readers (otherwise I'll do it just in my own): Your work will be included in the book! Aw, fantastic! That's great, and I'm glad that JWT's readers are enjoying my colourings. :) Keep up the good work and we'll spread the word. I'd be honoured. Thanks mate :)

Anyway, today we have one more JW-Titus character: Admiral Ondi.

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/OndiC.jpg]

And, dredged from the depths of my hard drive, some original lightsaber designs I did a while back:

Saber #1

The blade on this one isn't great. Please ignore it - I really should go back and do it properly.

Saber #2

These, and several others of my saber pics, have been previously hosted on www.brianssabers.com, a website run by a fellow TFNer, DkSavior02. There's a link to his profile in my WUL if anyone wants to contact him, although I don't think he's visited TFN in a while.

Cheers,

Nem

13. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    Great job, JediNemesis!!

I couldn't be happier. :D

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome job on the good (...bad...?) Admiral, JN!! =D= He looks wonderful all colored--great great job on the uniform! Very nice work on the medals and shoulder-boards, too. And actually, I really like the Sith saber you did--the intricate design on the hilt looks a lot like some of Maul's tattoo-patterns, and so (outside of the red blade) really mark this as a Sith's weapon--great job with the symbolism on that one. Great work!

FF

15. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Hello all :)

It's been a while . . . basically I think I just forgot FanArt was here. Recently (about two days ago) I dropped in, and was immediately ensnared by all the wonderful things floating about. Even more recently (last night) I finally got colouring again, which felt great, and this evening I had a bit of a creative blitz and actually produced something original :eek:

Luke and Mara

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/TF3.jpg]

From a B&W by - who else? - the astoundingly-talented FalconFan. Thanks for letting me put it up FF :) This is at least the third colouring of this picture - I know Lippy and BigFatty have already done one each - but IMO it's eminently worthy of as many colourings as people care to throw at it. Fantastic picture.

And this is possibly my first shot at, y'know, proper digital art. It's of an original fanfic character I created a while back (last October IIRC) and who I've been toying with drawing for a while, hampered mainly by the fact that I can't draw. However I finally summoned up the courage to try and do him all on computer, and I'm quite proud of the result.

The pose is based (read: stolen wholesale from) one of the AOTC Unleashed models - I think it was Obi-Wan - but with substantial modifications.

Okay, enough of me making excuses.

Dark Lord Ionnàs

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/Ionnas.jpg]

It's good to be back :D

I'm now going to have a look in some other threads. See you around [:D]

Nem

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Alright!! :mad:

I've tried three times to get this reply posted, and the blasted board has dumped it every time!!

**stomps around in a hissy**

ANYway...

Welcome back to the board, Nem! We're glad you "rediscovered" us here! :D

And since we've already discussed the L/M coloring, I won't go too much into it again here, except to say that you did a fantastic job, and it's just lovely!

Kudos on doing some original work!! It's always so great to see our artists stretching themselves, and this piece is no exception! Wonderful work capturing the dynamic pose, most especially the robes and flying fabric--really a lot of energy here! The figure looks great (I'm loving the legs and boots--they look marvelous!)--I think my only critique would be his right arm: in this positioning, his right forearm wouldn't appear as long as you've drawn it, but would be in a more foreshortened view (if this concept is unfamiliar to you, PM me and we can discuss it at some length). Another way to see this is to duplicate this positioning yourself and study it in a mirror--this technique is also a great way to "test" a pose you want to draw: if your own body won't move into it without strain, then it will look awkward when you draw it. This point aside, it's really a great piece--very cool that you can adapt your collector figure to one of your own characters! Keep up the good work, and keep working on your original pieces--it's wonderful you're expanding your skills! Once more--welcome back!

FF

**dances, as board took reply!**

17. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh wow. This is amazing.

I especially like the first pic in your thread, the Sith Lord with the green eyes. I love the blonde hair/green eyes theme, it just captivates me.

And there was something about Sasha the Marauder, that got to me as well. Just wonderful.

18. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I really love your colorings!

19. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Hello again! I've been on holiday, had my A Level (like a British version of the High School Diploma, only less broad - three uber-intense subjects) results back and boy was I happy :D

FF Thanks so much for dropping by FF [:D] since we've already discussed the L/M coloring, I won't go too much into it again here, except to say that you did a fantastic job, and it's just lovely! Seriously, you're way too kind. [face_blush]

Kudos on doing some original work!! It's always so great to see our artists stretching themselves, and this piece is no exception! Wonderful work capturing the dynamic pose, most especially the robes and flying fabric--really a lot of energy here! The figure looks great (I'm loving the legs and boots--they look marvelous!)--I think my only critique would be his right arm: in this positioning, his right forearm wouldn't appear as long as you've drawn it, but would be in a more foreshortened view (if this concept is unfamiliar to you, PM me and we can discuss it at some length).

Thanks for the help with the foreshortening question; I think I'll leave the picture as is, but believe me I'm going to be looking very hard at any future attempts :D I think the reason the lower body looks better is because that's the bit I didn't tinker with - credit goes more to the model designer than to me.

point aside, it's really a great piece--very cool that you can adapt your collector figure to one of your own characters! Keep up the good work, and keep working on your original pieces--it's wonderful you're expanding your skills! Once more--welcome back!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully I'll get some more original work done. I've recently started work on an all-OC [original character] fanfic, not posted yet, but I'm thinking about computer-drawing some of the cast [face_mischief]

anakin_luver First, thanks for dropping by. New faces very welcome :D

Oh wow. This is amazing. . . . I especially like the first pic in your thread, the Sith Lord with the green eyes. I love the blonde hair/green eyes theme, it just captivates me.

That was the first pic of FalconFan's I ever coloured in. The person who originally requested it didn't get back to me, so I don't know what colour scheme they intended, but I'd had an idea kicking around for a while that the world needed blond Sith. :D I agree with you on the 'captivating' - it's a pretty intense picture and for that credit goes to FalconFan. The eyes are scary enough even in B&W . . .

Handmaiden_Azul I really love your colorings! Thanks! [:D]

One new pic this time - another FF drawing (surprise, surprise :p ) but this one's non-SW; an original character created for, and coloured in by kind permission of, That_Wascally_Droid.

Jerenna

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/Jerenna3.gif]

Thanks everyone for looking :)

Nem

edit: I remain incompetent at markups [face_frustrated]

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Jerenna looks beautiful, Nem!! =D= I love the colors (and I know T_W_D probably gave you some guidance on that, too)--so pretty! I love seeing what color can do to change these pieces--you really have a talent for it!

FF

21. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Hello again :) I should come to FanArt more often . . .

Hey there FF! Jerenna looks beautiful, Nem!! I love the colors (and I know T_W_D probably gave you some guidance on that, too)--so pretty! No - TWD said to colour her in how I liked in the first instance. I just like purple :p I love seeing what color can do to change these pieces--you really have a talent for it! [face_blush] Thanks! I'm having tons of fun, so I'm glad the results are coming out well. :D

Today's new stuff is another non-SW piece, from the same creative team as Jerenna - characters by That_Wascally_Droid, artwork by FalconFan.

Sistu And The Gang

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/JediNemesis/SistuTheGang.gif]

Enjoy :p

Nem

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Sistu & the Gang" look great, Nem!! =D= The colors are wonderful (I especially like the color of Mondi's dress/robe--very pretty!), and you did a great job on the skin tones! I'll bet That_Wascally_Droid was really happy with this one, too--wonderful work!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.