main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA Columbus Star Wars Fans?? Where are You?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by wookiechick66, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookiechick66

wookiechick66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    I wanted to welcome any Columbus Star Wars fans. Please check here for meeting information of your local Star Wars Fan Club. If you would like more information email me at wookiechick66@gowardogs.org

If you can, meet us at Dragon Con over the labor day weekend on the Matters of the Force Track.

Welcome.

2. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Hi,

I'm here - just been very, very busy with Dragon*Con.

Working on our Halloween Community Service Function.

Also, it will be almost time for me to fill out the application for the annual bi-city Christmas Parade.

We invite anyone in the surrounding Columbus/Phenix City/Opelika/Auburn, etc. areas to participate with us at any function and meeting.

Please bring a friend! Help us spread the word.

Cathy Bowden

3. wookiechick66

wookiechick66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    Back from Dragon Con. I will be nailing down the September Meeting this week. Check back for information soon. Come join us for some Star Wars fun

4. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Current FCFN members, how about a membership drive? Maybe at Peachtree or North Crossings? Have it maybe March, so it is still cool enough that Drew won't burn up :)

I can start calling the management for the malls if you all are interested. Maybe we could invite the LaGrange group down & afer the membership drive, hit dinner & hollywood connections ;)

Cathy

5. darthmrw

darthmrw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey FCFN,

Some of us in LaGrange would love to join you when you next meet. I can only speak for about 2 or 3 others, but I know we'd love to join you. (**It is a slow time with activities and I'm a little disillusioned about our fanbase here...they seem to lose interest when nothing big is happening**).

Don't know if any of you are planning to go to Indy in April '05 but would be willing to discuss it and possibly carpool if possible. It's hard to believe that this will be the last Celebration for the films before a release date. It really needs to be special.

6. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    LaGrange,

We are always happy for you all to come down and visit with us!

We are having a social the 21st of March - come on down! Email me for details.

Cathy
    sf-motf@att.net

7. Frank-0-Sport

Frank-0-Sport Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2003
    Greetings ...

An "Old Style" Sci-Fi fan (partial to Sci-Fi produced before 80's and 90's) says hello.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank

8. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Hi Frank,
    come out and hang with us.
    We will be meeting at 7pm, Saturday the 24th. Look for a group of 8 or more. We'll be playing SW monopoly after we eat.

Hollie

9. Frank-0-Sport

Apr 30, 2003
    Greetings ....

GOSH! (BLUSH!) Aww Shucks! I'm Speechless!

Hearty Heartburn and Heartache in one evening! Sounds Nice!

Thanks for the offer. Will consider it.

Currently listening to CD: Gustav Holst's "The Planets", as conducted by Herbert Van Karajan.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

10. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    With your batman jargon and funny humor you will fit in just fine. Hope to see you there. Our active members range from pre-teen to older adult (seeing as how I would never ask a ladies age, even being one, couldn't say how old the oldest of us are). The next set activity that I know of is to go as a group to see Harry Potter. I believe the Trekies will be joining us.

With a Big GRIN,
    Hollie

11. Frank-0-Sport

Apr 30, 2003
    Greetings ...

Trekkies-2, a follow-up to Trekkies - all about them thar Trek fans - is now being shown at various U.S. film festivals. There's also talk that the film may be shown at sci-fi conventions during the summer - cross your fingers, all you wanna-be Dragoncon attendees. Then, in the fall, "TK-2" will be put out on DVD.

Stevie B's Pizza, Eh? Do they serve meatloaf? Probably not as good as the meatloaf I had at JR's Steakhouse in Smiths Station today - Yummy!

12. Frank-0-Sport

Apr 30, 2003
    Greetings ...

Saturday afternoon and evening being spent with cousins that I haven't seen for a while, plus I have an in-law who's taken ill. Hope you all understand.

Thanx-A-Lot and Hopefully the Next Time,
    Frank-0-Sport

13. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    We had a great time at Stevie B's with Pizza and Monopoly. Brittney & Mike (our Middle schoolers)& Fraser(our StarTrek guest) were the winners. We hope to meet again in May for Heath's birthday party.
    See you all later,
    Hollie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.