main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Combat forms questions

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by KalamaTalade, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KalamaTalade

KalamaTalade Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2015
    2 questions, specifically about Niman, Djem So and Juyo

First about Niman. I never really understood what this form is all about. I keep hearing about "Moderation", but what does that mean? Like, instead of Force Pushing someone 50 feet, you only do it 25 feet? I'm confused. And why is it associated with Double-Bladed Lightsaber fighting, like in Exar Kun's case, and with Jar'Kai? I just don't understand what defines Niman.

Also, what are the big differences with Djem So and Juyo? They are both very aggressive lightsaber forms, but I hear Djem So lacks mobility. Does Juyo have mobility? Is that the difference?

Can someone shed some light on these two topics for me? Thank you.

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
  3. KalamaTalade

Jan 12, 2015

I have read those. I have even seen Jensaarai1's description of each lightsaber form. And I'm still confused. They mention exactly the same thing. Djem So and Juyo are both aggressive lightsaber forms, used to overpower your opponent.

And I thought the negative emotions were more associated with Vaapad due to the nature of harnessing dark side energy to power it?

4. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Vaapad and Juyo are the same thing. And I'll talk more on this subject later. I am currently surrounded by people but I'll keep this thread in mind, however I'm sure someone else will be along to help shortly. :)

5. JarJarAbrams

JarJarAbrams Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2015
    I have a question abour lightsaber forms - which one did Palpatine use?

6. KalamaTalade

Jan 12, 2015
    Palpatine primarily used Ataru, though he was also proficient in Jar'Kai dual-blade fencing.

7. JarJarAbrams

JarJarAbrams Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2015
    Interdasting.

I dunno why but I always had the idea Sheev was using all seven forms of lightsaber combat, and switching between them at random just to throw off the other guy

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_VI

Basically, it's the "generalist style" - it has elements of all the others - but only in moderation - it's a moderately good defensive style, but not as good as Soresu - it's a moderately good acrobatic style - but not as good as Ataru. And so forth.

9. zompusbite

zompusbite Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 3, 2014

Hello my friend. I hope i can my post will give you satisfaction. Yes, Djem So and Juyo are very aggressive lightsaber form. But there is a big difference betwee this two. First, Djem So is a form focusing in strength ; so Jedi with physical sheer power are advised to use it ( with the exception of Anakin Skywalker who can compensate for his more or less leane body with his extraordinary connection to the Force) to overpowering the oppenent by always remaining in contact with the latter : "each step a blow and each blow a step". By focusing solely on strength, the practitioner deliberately ignored the velocity and the nimbleness, thus causing a lack of mobility at the movement of the legs. There is nothing dark or wrong by using it because just like the others 5 Forms, it respect the first Jedi precept: There is no emotion, there is peace. Nonetheless, for Juyo, that is another story. At the basis, it is a Form created by the Sith that some Jedi Masters decided to practice it to increase their skills of fighting during a very troubled period in the history of the Galaxy (The 2nd Sith War), before they realized that this Form was creating more problems than it solved by turning some Jedi (the younger) to the Dark Side. Juyo follows that Sith philosophy : Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. By thinking that way, the practitioner of this Form open himself to his emotions what was expressed by jerky and unpredictable movements, quick and ferocious, difficult to identify. It is a straighforward Form just like Djem So except that Juyo focuses on velocity and the unpredictability of movements, therefore very mobile. To use it, a Jedi must use his emotion as fuel to drive your attacks While striving to control these emotions for not going too far. It was very difficult and dangerious. Vaapad is a derivation of Juyo, but unlike the latter, focusing on your emotions was only the half of the process. The second was to focus at the same time on your ennemy's fury. You have to use your inner darkness combined to the outer darkness of your oppenent, let it flow through you without touching you and redirect that energy against the oppenent. A Sith can use Juyo but not Vaapad becausee Vaapad is a Lightsaber Form : only someone who have nothing to do with Darkness can manipulate it without being corrupted. Vaapad work only against Darksiders.

Thank you for reading me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.