main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Combat Match

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Southernjedi, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    This is an adaptation of other Jedi Council threads. In here, match up two people in a theoretical combat situation and say who you think would win. Here's the adaptation: You can have any mix of Star Wars characters, people from the real world, or from other franchises (Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, etc.).

Here's my combat match: Boba Fett vs. The Terminator.

Winner: The Terminator.He keeps going, even when he's falling to pieces. Plus, you just gotta root for the governator with those shades. :cool:

2. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Han Solo vs Indiana Jones

Winner: Han Solo - When have you ever seen a blaster run out of ammo? Besides, Chewie as a sidekick beats anyone Indy had.

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Liam Neeson

Winner: Qui-Gon Jinn. Come on now boxing champ or lightsabers and the Force? You do the math :p

4. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Mayor Corker vs. The Emperor

It's a close one. The Emperor has the dark side, but Corker can call on TDOT and the Public Works Dept. to put up a sea of orange barrels no one can pass. Since Palpy lost the Death Star, I say the mayor wins. :p

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Emperor Palpatine vs George W Bush

Winner: draw

LOL. Just kidding! Don't throw things!

6. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    BOOOO! Vesper that was evil *Chunks things in Vesper's direction including a john Kerry cardboard cutout.* THey had those at the mall -- oiy. Disgusting.

John Kerry vs. Palpatine

Winner: Palpatine of course. He could see through any lies Kerry was telling before he even walked into the throne room and his "Anybody but palpatine" routine wouldn't go over well there methinks :D

7. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    C-3PO vs Marvin the Paranoid Android (from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Winner: Marvin

Although the probability of these two ever being in an actual fight would be of astronomical proportions, I would still have to give the edge to Marvin. 3PO's only real use is a translator. The Babel Fish kind of negates that, so it comes down to a fussy robot and a highly depressed one. It would be an epic battle, but it would never come to blows and in the end, C-3PO would probably shut himeself off to avoid hearing any more from Marvin and his total lack of self-esteem.

8. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    :eek: at thought of Kerry winning

Salacious Crumb (spelling?) vs. Ms. Piggy. (Ok, I'm not feeling inspired right now!)

Winner: Ms. Piggy

9. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    ROTFL! Good one Southern!

Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Count Dooku

Tough decision there. Dooku did tons better than Obi-Wan but Qui-Gon was trained by Dooku so maybe he would win. I'm not sure on that so I'll say tie :D and that's a duel I would pay good money to see.

10. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    Darth Vader vs Darth Maul...

As they confront each other Maul ignites his double blade. Vader stands motionless. Maul starts spinning his double bladed lighsaber so fast, all you can see is a mass blur of light. Mual then moves forword with a 180 full flip over Vader. Vader still stands motionless. Mual, in a fit of uncontrolable rage, starts to slash with a downword stroke of his blade.At that moment,Vader raises one hand and Mual instantly freezes with a look of udder shock. Unable to move by the power of Vaders force grip, Maul looks in disbelief as Vader slowly turns to face his adversary. then, with a suddle jester of his hand, crushes Mual throat, killing him ever so slowly.Vader then turns and walks away, muttering "all to easy..."

Vader wins... (-o-)

11. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Thank you, Layren.

Good matchup, Drthmrl. Maul would be no match for Vader.

12. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Cthons vs. Gollum

I can't really decide which is grosser (is that a word?), but I think Gollum would be smarter, so he'd win! lol

13. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    R2D2 VS B-9 (Lost in Space Robot)

"Danger Danger" Bleep Bloop
    R2 would kick some major metal here...

Colonel Attar (Planet of the Apes) VS Chewbacca
    Hmmm Chewie would have the weopens advantage, but Attar has the speed/hand to hand advantage...
    But Chewie Wins!

14. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    ok...so this one isn't really all that realistic....but then again, are any of these? :D

Padme vs Leia

Well....let's see: Padme is quick, smart, and well trained....but then so is Leia--plus Leia has the force where Padme doesn't...so I guess I'd have to say Leia would win (in battle & sarcasm-though Padme could take her in diplomacy any day). hehe...

15. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Indiana Jones vs Han Solo

Han Solo hands down :p

16. Lord_John

Lord_John Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2004
    The Ewok Hordes vs. the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)

Now this is a close match. Lots of primitive creatures that are extremely resourceful against a band of beaurocrats with big energy plants and dams. I think the winner has to be the Ewoks, because as we saw in Episode VI, everyone has to be distracted for 15 seconds everytime an Ewok dies, giving the Ewoks a major advantage.

By the way, did anyone ever notice that Ewok dying scene lasted longer than the first Death Star explosion scene? One Ewok, one million humans... All hail cute fuzzy aliens that look like teddy bears!

17. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    Starship Destroyer VS Battlestar Galactica

USS Enterprise VS Starship Destroyer

Ok sow what is your opinion here?

18. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    How about
    CYLON Raider VS Tie Fighter

Mark VII Viper VS X Wing

19. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    As big and bad as a Starship Destroyer is, it's not as cut and dry as it would appear. First, the "Starship Destroyer" has a name that implies it should take out other starships, but let's look a little closer...

I think the main threat these things have is the sheer number of smaller ships it can deploy against a target. Much more than the Galactica (unless the new version is bigger?). The Enterprise has no luxury (unless you count shuttles, but what are they going to do, crash into the other ship?). The main weakness of the Destroyer is that their shields don't seem to be that great. Take out those big round things on top (which seem to be important) and send a suicide ship into the bridge and there ya go. Simple.

The Enterprise always seems to get beat up, so I think their main strength is whoever the Captain is. They may have some firepower, but they can't defend from every angle.

Has the Galactica ever fought capital ship to capital ship? I'm not sure, but if all it is is like an aircraft carrier, then it probably wouldn't last too long against a Destroyer. If I had to choose between the Galactica and the Enterprise, I think I'd side with... Hmmm... I think I'd go with the Enterprise. Only because I don't know if the Galactica could defend itself w/o the ships they carry.

1. Starship Destroyer
    2. USS Enterprise
    3, Battlestar Galactica

20. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    I like the theory Jeff...
    But I'm going w/ BG over Enterprise. It would be cool to see this though!

21. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    yet again, you have derailed another thread, Jeff! :p you really need to work on that, you know? ;)

um....

Han vs. Jango Fett in a shootout--who would win? [face_worried]

22. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    Jango -

I like Han, but unless he had some backup or "luck" Jango would Win...

23. Dallas_Valla

Dallas_Valla Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2003
    Unfortunately, Fetts are no match for Wookies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.