main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Combined VA/DC FanForce, MFC, 501st and Rebel Legion Halloween Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by keithabbott, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    At this Saturday's meeting of the Moisture Farm Co-Op in Richmond, VA...we all decided to do our annual 2002 Halloween Party at Chopstix in Richmond on October 19th and invite the 501st, Rebel Legion, and the DC Fanforce and Norfolk Fan Force. I'm putting down the payment next week and picking up a menu so we'll all know what the cost for food will be, and drinks, etc. BTW Alchohol is available and this would be an 18+ over event.

This would be a great opportunity for all of Virginia to meet up at one location, meet each other and have a great time doing so.
    We hope you all will attend. :)

Dancing, Karaoke (Star Wars of course), fan Star Wars Poetry, etc. are just some of the festivities planned for the evening. It will all start sometime around 9:00-9:30 once their first floor clears out.

It will be costumed, and tickets will be printed for our groups to keep the event private from the general public.

That's all I have for now. If you have any questions or want to help out just post and let us know.

Keith

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    hey sounds awsome keith! when you get more info drop me a line and i'll see what i can do!

3. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Jason, I have a menu for Chopstix for the Halloween party if you want it. Just send me a private message with a fax # or mailing address and I'll send you a copy. Unfortunately my scanner is outta commission and this thing's two pages long.

Keith

4. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I'll have more info on the party later this evening or tomorrow. Stay tuned. :)

5. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    There has been a change regarding the costumed Halloween party in Richmond. The party will be for all-ages. Alchohol will still be available for purchase, but there was some concern from several of our members who didn't like the exclusivity of it being 18 and older.

Also, there will not be tickets. We've decided to make it easier by taking names. Starting October 5th, the DC and Norfolk Fan Forces may submit lists of members who plan to attend. The Rebel Legion and 501st VA chapters will do the same. First come, first served. We only have room for 100 people. You may bring friends and family members, but you must include your name and how many guests you plan on bringing.

Doors will open at 9:30pm. For those attending the MFC meeting at 8:00pm, you are welcome to attend. It is a private meeting, but anyone may attend. No alchohol will be served prior to 9:30pm.

If you would like to bring food to share, please contact me separately. We will welcome any help, however food is available at the restaurant. It is Vietnamese cuisine.

There are several hotes in the area.
    http://www.richmondon-line.com/accom/room/index_room.html

We recommend the Holiday Inn Crossroads or the Comfort Inn Conference Center as they are the closest to the party and convenient to I-64/95.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I'll post further updates as we have them.

Thanks,
    Keith

6. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    to clarify a bit....an second the point...the meeting is for coop members and those interested in becoming a member. :)

7. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    We only have a little more than 50 spots left if anyone from the Norfolk FF boards wants to attend the party. Please email me asap if you plan or think you will be attending.

Be sure to let me know how many guests you are bringing.

My email is keithabbott@hotmail.com

Keith

8. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Hello everyone, there's been a last minute change to the party on Saturday evening.

Please leave your prop weapons at home. Due to the recent events in the northern Virginia area, there's been some concern over having weapons at the party. Please be sensitive to the nature of this request, so that everyone can have a really great time.

See you all there! :)
    Keith

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well, I've managed to rustle up 23 Karaoke songs from tomorrow night ;) Time to brush up your singing...

BACKSTREET BOYS- parody of "I Want it That Way" (Forbidden Love)
    BARRY MANILOW- parody of "Copacabana" (In the Cantina)
    THE BEATLES- parody of ?Hard days night?
    THE BEATLES- parody of "Help"
    THE BEATLES- parody of ?Yellow Submarine? (Yellow Snub Machines)
    BILLY JOEL- parody of "The Pianoman" (The Max Rebo band)
    BILLY JOEL- parody of ?Always a woman" (Only a Gungan)
    BRYAN ADAMS- parody of "Summer of '69" (The Reign of Palpatine)
    CREDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL- parody of "Bad Moon Rising"
    THE EAGLES- parody of "Hotel California" (Hotel of the Emperor)
    ELVIS PRESLEY- parody of ?Are you Lonesome Tonight??
    ELVIS PRESLEY- parody of "Heartbreak Hotel" (The Stormtrooper's lament)
    GREASE- parody of ?Grease Lightning? (Pod Racing)
    GREASE- parody of ?You?re the one that I want?
    N'SYNC- parody of "It's Gonna be Me"
    THE OFFSPRING - parody of "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" (Artude)
    RICHIE VALENS- parody of "La Bamba" (Otoh Gunga)
    SIR MIX-A-LOT - parody of "Baby Got Back" (Jabba Got Fat)
    TAMMY WYNETTE ? Parody of "Stand by your man" (Stand by your Han)
    THE VILLAGE PEOPLE- parody of ?Y.M.C.A? (?Y.O.D.A?)
    WILD CHERRY- parody of ?Play that funky music" (Time to face the music)
    Parody of "Winter Wonderland" (Walkers in a Winter Wonderland)
    Parody of "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" (Ewoks Keep Falling On My Head)

Considering how hard it is to find free Karaoke material on the internet...well..I did my best. I was hoping to have more newer stuff in there, but ah well. Still, I think you'll be plenty well amused. :p

Also, I've got just over an hour's worth of SW Techno music for dancing and another CD worth of SW related music of the rock variety and from the movie.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.