Combined VA/DC FanForce, MFC, 501st and Rebel Legion Halloween Party

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by keithabbott, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    At this Saturday's meeting of the Moisture Farm Co-Op in Richmond, VA...we all decided to do our annual 2002 Halloween Party at Chopstix in Richmond on October 19th and invite the 501st, Rebel Legion, and the DC Fanforce and Norfolk Fan Force. I'm putting down the payment next week and picking up a menu so we'll all know what the cost for food will be, and drinks, etc. BTW Alchohol is available and this would be an 18+ over event.

This would be a great opportunity for all of Virginia to meet up at one location, meet each other and have a great time doing so.
    We hope you all will attend. :)

Dancing, Karaoke (Star Wars of course), fan Star Wars Poetry, etc. are just some of the festivities planned for the evening. It will all start sometime around 9:00-9:30 once their first floor clears out.

It will be costumed, and tickets will be printed for our groups to keep the event private from the general public.

That's all I have for now. If you have any questions or want to help out just post and let us know.

Keith
  2. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    How much will the tickets cost?
  4. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    It will be free to get in. I'll have more news and updates later this evening or tomorrow sometime. Stay tuned.
    Keith
  5. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh and it makes sense to change the title of the event since the coop is footing the entire bill for this fiasco
  6. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    There has been a change regarding the costumed Halloween party in Richmond. The party will be for all-ages. Alchohol will still be available for purchase, but there was some concern from several of our members who didn't like the exclusivity of it being 18 and older.

Also, there will not be tickets. We've decided to make it easier by taking names. Starting October 5th, the DC and Norfolk Fan Forces may submit lists of members who plan to attend. The Rebel Legion and 501st VA chapters will do the same. First come, first served. We only have room for 100 people. You may bring friends and family members, but you must include your name and how many guests you plan on bringing.

Doors will open at 9:30pm. For those attending the MFC meeting at 8:00pm, you are welcome to attend. It is a private meeting, but anyone may attend. No alchohol will be served prior to 9:30pm.

If you would like to bring food to share, please contact me separately. We will welcome any help, however food is available at the restaurant. It is Vietnamese cuisine.

There are several hotes in the area.
    http://www.richmondon-line.com/accom/room/index_room.html

We recommend the Holiday Inn Crossroads or the Comfort Inn Conference Center as they are the closest to the party and convenient to I-64/95.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I'll post further updates as we have them.

Thanks,
    Keith
  7. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    a little clarification here....the meeting is for members and those wanting to become members...and if your guests are not arriving with you, we need their names as well.
  8. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Kam, can you put together a list of all your attending members and their number of guests they are bringing to the party? I need this asap.
  9. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Is our intrepid leader Kam in charge of making a list of who's going to the party? Or should we tell the Richmond people directly?

And who's interested in going anyway? Ken and I are.
  10. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    PM keith directly that you are coming
  11. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Please either private message me here are Kam requested or send me an email at keithabbott@hotmail.com

Be sure to include your name and how many guests you are bringing with you.

Keith
  12. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Keep the emails coming..we still have over just over 50 spots left.
    Keith
  13. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3

Ken and Cinnea I am going if we all want to ride together i will drive.I would also be ok to staying in motel if you want. let me know asap.
  14. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    Keith do you have directions and address to the restaurant?
  15. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Directions to Chopstix can be found here:
    http://maps.yahoo.com

Just put in the address:
    3129 West Cary Street
    Richmond, VA

Once again, please email me if you're planning on coming and haven't already.
    Keith
  16. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Jedi ShaLee - PM or e-mail me about hooking up on Saturday to head down. It'd be one big dark Jedi road trip.
  17. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello everyone, there's been a last minute change to the party on Saturday evening.

Please leave your prop weapons at home. Due to the recent events in the northern Virginia area, there's been some concern over having weapons at the party. Please be sensitive to the nature of this request, so that everyone can have a really great time.

See you all there! :)
    Keith
  18. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  19. Vaders_Kid Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, that was my question as well. Are lightsabers considered "weapons"? I can certainly understand not wanting folks to brandish any blaster type weapons, but I wasn't sure about the sabers. I mean, a Jedi without his (or her) lightsaber is like a day without... well, you know what it's like!

VK
  20. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Considering we're asking all of the 501st to leave their weapons at home or in the car, I think it would be only fair as to the sabers also. It's all about having a good time, and with dancing and what not going on, those things might jangle around too much anyhow. :)

I certainly see your point though. This whole sniper thing has a lot of people really upset. We'd just assume leave no chance of more people getting any further upset than they already are. Also, we've notified the local police precinct so they know we'll be in the area all dressed up. We mentioned there could potentially be fake weapons brought along, but we'd also rather not cause any disrest among the community as people arrive.
    Keith
  21. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okey dokey - no lightsabers. Fair's fair after all. Besides, us Jedi types still have all our mind powers.... (yeah, I'm often delusional before any caffiene)
  22. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh siths spawn.I just finished my saber just for this party. Oh well the best laid plans of......
    Roger, Roger I will comply.
  23. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Somehow I believe you'll have other opportunities to use it on those of us Troopers who cause you problems in the future hehe.

Keith
    TK1210 "Long live the Empire!"
  24. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    So True!Can't wait for the fun to begin! Stay healthy and safe!
  25. Plurimus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wish I could go. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Nick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.