main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Combined VA/DC FanForce, MFC, 501st and Rebel Legion Halloween Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by keithabbott, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Today is the last day to sign up for the party tomorrow evening. You have until 6pm tonight. If you think you might come, feel free to send me your name and any guests and I'll add your names to the list.

If you had offered to bring snacks, we'd certainly appreciate any assistance. I will be out of town after 6pm this evening until late tomorrow afternoon. If you have any questions, and I am not able to address them in time, please visit the Moisture Farm Co-Op site and post on the message boards there. I'm sure someone will be able to address your questions.

Cya at the party! :)
    Keith

2. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well, I've managed to rustle up 23 Karaoke songs from tomorrow night ;) Time to brush up your singing...

BACKSTREET BOYS- parody of "I Want it That Way" (Forbidden Love)
    BARRY MANILOW- parody of "Copacabana" (In the Cantina)
    THE BEATLES- parody of ?Hard days night?
    THE BEATLES- parody of "Help"
    THE BEATLES- parody of ?Yellow Submarine? (Yellow Snub Machines)
    BILLY JOEL- parody of "The Pianoman" (The Max Rebo band)
    BILLY JOEL- parody of ?Always a woman" (Only a Gungan)
    BRYAN ADAMS- parody of "Summer of '69" (The Reign of Palpatine)
    CREDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL- parody of "Bad Moon Rising"
    THE EAGLES- parody of "Hotel California" (Hotel of the Emperor)
    ELVIS PRESLEY- parody of ?Are you Lonesome Tonight??
    ELVIS PRESLEY- parody of "Heartbreak Hotel" (The Stormtrooper's lament)
    GREASE- parody of ?Grease Lightning? (Pod Racing)
    GREASE- parody of ?You?re the one that I want?
    N'SYNC- parody of "It's Gonna be Me"
    THE OFFSPRING - parody of "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" (Artude)
    RICHIE VALENS- parody of "La Bamba" (Otoh Gunga)
    SIR MIX-A-LOT - parody of "Baby Got Back" (Jabba Got Fat)
    TAMMY WYNETTE ? Parody of "Stand by your man" (Stand by your Han)
    THE VILLAGE PEOPLE- parody of ?Y.M.C.A? (?Y.O.D.A?)
    WILD CHERRY- parody of ?Play that funky music" (Time to face the music)
    Parody of "Winter Wonderland" (Walkers in a Winter Wonderland)
    Parody of "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" (Ewoks Keep Falling On My Head)

Considering how hard it is to find free Karaoke material on the internet...well..I did my best. I was hoping to have more newer stuff in there, but ah well. Still, I think you'll be plenty well amused. :p

Also, I've got just over an hour's worth of SW Techno music for dancing and another CD worth of SW related music of the rock variety and from the movie.

Keith

3. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Sounds good! see ya there!

4. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Re: 5 1/2 hours from Centreville to Richmond.

Now it's personal.

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    And there was no Star Wars triva, songs or anything on 95. Trust me, I spent enough time there. I looked.

6. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    sounds like you guys didn't have a good weekend...

7. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Actually, it really was fun.

The fan film shoot was great (see the related thread on extras), loved seeing our SW friends from the Northeast Corridor, the hour at the Shark Club was cool. And I have no doubt that the party in Richmond would have been spectacular.

It was bad sitting in traffic all that time. It was, of course, considerably worse for the guy at the Ponderosa. The ordeal is over, and we have a story to tell until the end of time.

8. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    that's very true. well I'm glad you had a good time! :)

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    and we saw one of those spy drone things. The giveaway was that it was completely silent.

10. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I sure hope that the people detained and being questioned this morning are indeed the men behind the shootings. They've caused enough pain and suffering, and I hope they get theirs! :(

As for the party, it's a shame it didn't go very well attendance wise...but at the same time we were completely understanding of the police closing the roads down and for those who decided not to come because of what happened. There's just nothing you can do when something like this happens.

I can say though that I enjoyed hanging out with those who were able to make it, including Sharon from your own Galactic Senate.

Hopefully, we'll all be able to get together en masse soon for one event or another.

Keith

11. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It was a good idea. I'm now wondering if we can all sue the sniper for violating our civil rights - our right to assemble freely was seriously violated by his actions.

12. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I too was one of those who got stuck in that horrendous back-up on 95 on the way to the party. Let's hope they nail this guy to the wall once they catch him! Obviously not because we missed the get-together (although I couldn't help being a bit pissed about missing out because of him) but because of the pain he's caused to so many and the fear he's put into everyone who lives here. I hope that those of you who made it had a blast!
    Also, I just found out that tickets are now on sale at the Johnson IMAX Theater at the Natural History Museum for AOTC on Nov. 1st! I believe the first showing is at 8:15. A friend of mine called the museum this morning and just let me know this. Sounds like a good excuse for another get-together!

Bruce

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    One of the most frustrating things about being stuck in that back-up was knowing that all around us, there were people with SW costumes in their cars, on the way to the party, and yet we didn't know where each other was. Ok, maybe not ALL around us, but we couldn't have been too far apart.

I did get some enjoyment out of imagining the surprise on the police officers' faces if they happened to inspect the vehicles of any of the 501st people who must have been stuck too. Imgaine opening up a trunk and having stormtrooper armor looking back at you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.