main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Combined WI-Forums...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by que4zone, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    How does everyone feel about combining the three WI-Forums into one?? (If we can do that?).. Wisconsin should team-up before there are no movies let to see...

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Sounds good to me. It's pretty quiet here...

3. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm all for this! Wisconsin is not that big and while I'm sure there are fans in the way up north in good ole Wisco, we should be able to combine our "forces" and get the grand daddy of Wisco fans together.

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It's pretty tricky to follow your thoughts on the issue when it spans several threads. This one seems to be the better one since it has a real title.

Minnesota Force is in the Minneapolis MN forum. The reason we named it Minnesota instead of Minneapolis is because it includes people form the 'burbs, St. Paul, and cities as far as 5 hours away. Pick a city to center your board activity around and where you will meet. FanForce is about local groups getting together in real life, so somewhere down the line, a city will have to be picked.

5. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks Boba. That is our problem, choosing a city to center around.

6. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks Boba. That is our problem, choosing a city to center around. We are leaning toward Milwaukee but don't want to exclude guys like que4zone.

7. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks for thinking of me.. uhm.. I've thought about this Wisconsin.Force thing and I think that Madison would be the best city to pick (that is, if we wish to accommodate the whole State).. Just because I might drive over 3 hours to a Fan.Force meeting, doesn't mean someone else would...

~ Deep Thoughts by Que4

8. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Well.. I started to think about it more and maybe Milwaukee is the place to go.. Get our feet off the ground first and once we're Official, we could compromise the location of each meeting in the future (depending on members).. so.. VOID my last message and let's get Wisconsin.Fan.Force moving!!

**I'm getting tingles up my spine**

9. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Yea!!!!!
    Let;s get going. We talked about getting together in April. We need some input on a date and time. Come on force users. Give me some feedback.

10. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    OK - here's my first stick in the sand:

Saturday April 13th - 3:00 PM
    Milwaukee Art Museum

We could hang around there for a while and then grab a bite to eat.

My dates and times are very flexible if someone can't make it. The 13th gives us a couple weeks to get the word out too.

11. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    April 13th sounds good to me (Or any Saturday at that).. hmm... Of course you all know that I have no idea where anything is in Milwaukee, so any meeting place is your call...

So who is all in:
    - Me (Que4)
    - Mauler II
    - who's next???

12. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    April 13th, 3pm at the art museum sounds good to me :) --I think I can make it(barring any major disasters, of course, like being behind on my costume--heaven forfend! :( ).

For anyone who is interested on info on the museum, go here: www.mam.org

Just so you know, the museum closes at 5pm on Saturdays, but we might be able to caravan elsewhere downtown, to restaurant or such, if necessary.

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    We could just go over to the Grand Avenue Mall and eat at the food court. That way we could sit together but everyone could choose the type of food they want to eat. It also has the advantage of not getting kicked out if we decide to sit and talk or whatever. If you go to a regular restaurant, they want you out when you stop eating. The two places are only about 2-3 blocks away. If we parked at one place or the other, we could walk back to our cars together. If you are worried about the time the museum closes, maybe we could meet a little earlier. At one or two o'clock. Otherwise three is fine.

14. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I think you are thinking of the Milwaukee Public Museum MaraJoan, not the art museum. The art museum is right on the lakefront and is significantly farther than a few blocks away from Grand Avenue...

15. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Sorry all. I haven't been to the Art Museum since grade school so I might need a little direction. I definitely would prefer earlier then. If I have to come alone, I would prefer earlier. I'm not that familiar with Milwaukee. Whatever, decide and I'll come. We need to get it posted.

16. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    OK - lets move it up a bit:

When: Saturday, April 13 - 1:00 PM
    Where: Milwaukee art museum.

There is a nice map here:

http://www.mam.org/site/gettinghereflash.asp

We probably need a specific area to gather as well. I have never actually been in the museum - any ideas?

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    As I said, I have not been there since grade school. Maybe Leia knows since she suggested this place. Hopefully we will hear from her soon. The lobby is my suggestion.

18. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Hello all!

I think a good place to meet in the museum is in Windover Hall. Basically it's the giant expanse right beneath the wings when you enter, so you can't miss it. The admission desks are located in the same area, so it's very general. Essentially, the lobby.

The reason I know this is because I work here (I'm the AV librarian and book librarian assistant). I suggested the art museum, not as a marketing ploy or anything (believe me, they don't pay me enough to feel good about touting this place to others :( ), but since the Calatrava addition was built, it's been widely publicized, so many people in Wisconsin know of it.

Also, to find it, all you have to do is find Milwaukee's main downtown street--Wisconsin Avenue--and head east. Or head east on the I-794 ramp (which connects with I-94 coming from Madison or Chicago, and I-43 from Green Bay). That ramp ends at the art museum, so you won't miss it that way either.

I guess I was just trying to suggest a good meeting place that everybody could find, that was relatively cheap, and that everyone would know. I didn't think anyone would take it. But if the public museum sounds better and more familiar to everyone, so we can travel to the Grand for food, that's fine with me, too. I haven't been to the public museum in a number of years, since the renovation. :)

19. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Now I feel like I am causing trouble. I just misunderstood where we were talking about. All I care about is getting together. I don't care if we just meet to eat. Someone decide where we are going to meet and then we can get it posted on the city forums or wherever. Either place is fine with me. Let's take a vote or something and decide.

Milwaukee Art Museum on the lakefront
    Milwaukee Public Museum downtown (Wells St.)
    Just lunch at the Grand Avenue and decide from there.
    Please respond.

20. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Unless somoeone has a strong objection lets try to make this date "official". How do we get it posted on TFN?

When: Saturday, April 13 - 1:00 PM
    Where: Milwaukee art museum - Windover Hall. The giant expanse right beneath the wings

There is a nice map here:

http://www.mam.org/site/gettinghereflash.asp

21. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    All the latest news for the MW can be found in the Midwest General Discussion Forum.

This link will tell you how to announce a meeting.

22. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Wisconsin Fanforce followers forgive me.
    I decided to take the bull by the horns and just post the April 13th meeting and get the thing rolling. We know that people will come and if we don't decide, we will never meet each other. There are at least six or more of us on this thread alone that will come so let's just go with it. The Art Museum is a great place to start so I gave the info to Bobafemme and it will be posted I hope. I hope that is okay with all of you.

23. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    That's cool with me..

I'm so, looking forward to meeting everyone..

24. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    Hello there. I'm from South-central WI, and I'd go but I'll be in California on the 14th.

25. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Bummer battle.

Will you be going to Celebration II?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.