main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Combining the Eras V 2.0 A Time Travel Index and Discussion Thread -- New Discussion!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by TimeTravelIndex, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeTravelIndex

TimeTravelIndex Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    ?Always in motion, the future is.?

And so is the past. And the present, too.

Here, all time is in motion.

Fan fiction authors of the GFFA seem to be captivated by the idea of time travel ? hurtling characters from one era into another. It is a fun way to solve mysteries, rescue heroes from tragic fates, save a doomed galaxy and, ultimately, confuse and manipulate characters to the point of hysterical amusement.

Welcome to the Time Travel Index and Discussion Thread. Here you will find various fan fics dealing with traveling from era to era as well as various discussions focusing on time travel. This is a newer version of the old index, which you can find here.

Come in and stay around for a while ? plot bunnies, new ideas, comments and discussions are always welcome and remember to have fun!

Any ideas for new discussions are always welcome, so feel free to either PM us at TimeTravelIndex or post it in the thread.

-- Idrelle_Miocovani and CrazyAni

[color=darkblue][i]To submit a story to the Index, please PM the information to the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=TimeTravelIndex]TimeTravelIndex[/link] using the following format:[/i]

[b]Title:[/b] (please provide the link but DO NOT hyperlink)
    [b]Author(s):[/b] (please provide the link to your profile(s), but DO NOT hyperlink)
    [b]Status:[/b] (Complete, WIP, On Hold or Abandoned)
    [b]Genre:[/b] *
    [b]Time Travelers:[/b] (names of the characters who time travel)
    [b]Characters:[/b] (all other main characters who do not time travel)
    [b]Summary:[/b] *

If the status of your time travel fic has changed, please PM us as soon as possible so we can keep things up to date.

All fics are listed under the era they are posted in and then alphabetically by [i]title.[/i][/color]

[hr]

2. TimeTravelIndex

Sep 5, 2006
    BEFORE THE SAGA

Title: Another Path to Follow
    Author: Milady78
    Genre: Drama, Action, Angst
    Time Travelers: Obi-Wan
    Characters: LSF Exile, others from KOTOR 2
    Summary: Qui-Gon does not take Obi-Wan as a padawan learner. In desperation the Force sends the almost thirteen year old into the Old Republic era so that he might learn under a different master.

---

Title: Blurred Present
    Author(s): Durhelediel
    Genre: Angst
    Time Travelers: Luke Skywalker
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Summary: Through a fluke in time, Luke becomes trapped in the past. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have to try to help him find his way back before the Force rectifies its mistake by having Luke become nonexistant. Unfortunately, Qui-Gon comes up missing. Can Obi-Wan find his master and get Luke back to the present before it's too late?

---

Title: Redemption
    Author(s): Marnie
    Genre: *
    Era the fic starts in: Prequel Trilogy
    Era the fic goes to: Pre-TPM
    Time Travelers: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
    Characters: Yoda, Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: Obi and Ani travel to the past to kill Dooku, but shoot Qui-Gon by mistake.
    **Note: This story is on the Classic Board!

3. TimeTravelIndex

Sep 5, 2006
    THE SAGA

Title: A Shattered Mind
    Author(s): tangled_sphere
    Genre: Drama, Angst
    Time Travelers: Luke Skywalker
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Palpatine, Yoda, Vader, Mara, Leia, Han
    Summary: The events on Bespin take an unexpected turn.

---

Title: Always in Motion, the Future Is...
    Author(s): Jadie
    Genre: AU
    Time Travelers: Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker
    Characters: Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Palpatine (I don't know if any other characters will appear, since I haven't finished the story)
    Summary: Before they get married, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade must face one last trial - the Past.

---

Title: Anakin & Anakin
    Author(s): Dev_Binks
    Genre: General, Romance
    Time Travelers: Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker, probably the other people in Rogue Planet
    Summary: Tahiri and Anakin find themselves tossed back to three years post TPM, and get caught up in the events of Rogue Planet.

---

Title: Change of Fate
    Author: CrazyAni
    Genre: drama, angst, general
    Time Travellers: Luke and Leia
    Main Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme
    Summary: What if the Force could grant your greatest desire? Luke Skywalker wishes he had known his father before he was consumed by the Dark Side. What happens if his plea is heard by the Force?

---

Title: Don't Look Back
    Author(s): Starshine
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Romance, Drama
    Time Travelers: Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padme Amidala, Palpatine
    Summary: After celebrations on Endor Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca are heading to Coruscant. As they are in hyperspace something happens and they will arrive at Coruscant but not the one they know. They arrive in the middle of Clone Wars. It is dangerous to change the past because the future shall be unsure but maybe they will try, even if it won`t work.

---

Title: Ghost
    Author: IrishEyedJedi
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    Time Traveler: Han Solo (spirit)
    Characters: Leia Organa/Qui-Gon Jinn (spirit)/Obi-Wan Kenobi (spirit)/Luke Skywalker/and . . . Han Solo (alive)
    Summary: Someone has sabotaged the freezing chamber on Bespin and when Han Solo doesn?t survive the process the Force allows him to remain a spirit. With the guidance of two Jedi Masters Han is sent back in time, a little further than the Jedi intended, to try and find the person responsible for killing him. Instructed to only show himself to The Princess, Han?s ghostly form must watch and witness some of Leia?s most painful memories. Will he be able to keep himself from interfering or will the smuggler's love for the Princess force his hand and alter the future?

---

Title: Haunted Eyes

4. TimeTravelIndex

Sep 5, 2006
    BEYOND THE SAGA

Title: Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death
    Author(s): SpiritofEowyn
    Genre: Drama, Angst, YJK
    Time Travelers: ?Zekaya?
    Characters: Solo and Skywalker clan, Kyp Durron, etc.
    Summary: The Young Jedi Knights are faced with an unfamiliar face, but whether she is an ally or an adversary is yet to be seen. If they don?t figure it out soon, tragedy close to the Solo/Skywalker clan will repeat itself and all hope will fail.

---

Title: If
    Author(s): NYCitygurl
    Genre: angst
    Time Travelers: Jaina Solo
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Kyp Durron, Tahiri Veila
    Summary: Jaina is transported from Hapes back to the time before the Myrkr mission, where she has to convince her other self not to go on the mission.

---

Title: Intervals of Time
    Author(s): Meredith_Kenobi
    Genre: angst?
    Time Travelers: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri, Ferus
    Characters: Allana Skywalker and others
    Summary: A time travel fic.

---

Title: Joiner
    Author(s): DARTH_MU
    Genre: AU
    Time Travelers: Darth Vader, Mitth'raw'nuruodo, Mara Jade, Han Solo, Leia Skywalker, Yoda
    Characters: UnuThul, Unu (The Will), Gorog (The Mastermind), ReyaTaat, Taat (The Stoic), Wuluw (The Communicator)
    Summary: In an Alternative Universe, while hunting for Leia Skywalker in the asteroid field after the attack on Echo Base, Darth Vader, along with Thrawn, in the Executor, gets transported into the canon universe in the middle of the Swarm War.

---

Title: My Mother Before Me
    Author(s): jackyyy17
    Genre: Angst, Drama
    Time Travelers: Ben Skywalker
    Characters: Ben Skywalker, Mara Jade, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker
    Summary: Ben will learn an important lesson when he travels back in time to the reign on the Empire.

---

Title: The Sad Ghost
    Author(s): Meredith_Kenobi
    Genre: Humor/Creepy
    Time Travelers: Ben Skywalker, the sad man
    Characters: Luke and Mara Skywalker
    Summary: Ben and his parents are moving to a new home. But when they get there, Ben meets a strange man with a strange problem.

---

Title: When Last I Knew You
    Author(s): VaderLVR64
    Genre: drama
    Characters: Ben Skywalker, Mara, Talon Karrde, Luke
    Summary: Ben Skywalker, through one of those odds quirks of fate that seem to stalk the Skywalkers, finds himself meeting his own mother during her days working for Talon Karrde. Chaos, as always, ensues.

---

Title: At the Will of the Force
    Author(s): [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.

5. TimeTravelIndex

Sep 5, 2006
  6. TimeTravelIndex

Sep 5, 2006
  7. TimeTravelIndex

Sep 5, 2006
  8. TimeTravelIndex

Sep 5, 2006
    All right, now to get this thing going...

DISCUSSION

Which characters are used most frequently in time travel? Why?

Which characters are your favourites for time travel? Why?

Which characters would you like to see time travel, to which era, and visit which characters? Why?

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The ones that I've seen most in time travel are the Dream Team from the Original Trilogy. Personally, the reason why I use the H/L/L dynamic is that they have the most personal connection to the infamous people in their past. For example, Luke has a free-standing angst clause before ESB for knowing Vader as nothing more than the man who killed his father and Obi-Wan and after ESB for knowing that this man is his father. I would like to see more of time-travel going forward in time, such as a plausible use of Anakin or Padme travelling to the time of the Original Trilogy.

10. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005

I agree with Ish that Han, Luke, and Leia are used the most, especially Luke for obvious reasons. Drama, angst, and all that wonderful stuff, ;) and let's face it: in our die-hard Star Wars fan hearts we wish Luke could have met his father before Anakin turned evil and wore something besides black (namely very, very, very dark brown, but that's beside the point.) :p And his mother too. And Obi-Wan in his prime... [face_love] [face_blush]

I'm partial to anything with Obi-Wan in it, really. :p

Which characters would you like to see time travel, to which era, and visit which characters? Why?

Hmm...probably the more minor characters like Bail or Mon Mothma or Shmi, just to mix things up a bit. And I know it's done more often, but I prefer stories that have characters traveling back rather than forward in time. Maybe that says something about my personality and way of thinking, I don't know. ;) (*sigh* Only three weeks of having psych class and look what it's done. :p)

Put simply, I'm not that picky when it comes to time travel. I just love the concept. That lovely index is going to come in handy, me thinks. :)

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    *HEADDESK*

Two responses in and I already have plot bunnies.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd like to see Bail timetravel. I have a couple of plot bunnies for that now.

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Please, oh PLEASE keep Juliet away from the plot bunnies! [face_praying]

14. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002

Han, Luke and Leia in the Saga era - the why's already been answered twice *chuckle*

Jacen, Anakin and Jaina in Beyond. Jaina and Jacen probably because they have the most family, like Luke and Leia, to really make them interesting. It also ties back to their choices and their development as characters. A lot of people don't like where either of the twins have ended up. Anakin because most people who write him believe he shouldn't have died so it involves his time travel to change the circumstances to prevent his death.

I'only Luke and Mara because I put them into a world Mara knew all about, so she could guide Luke as they sought to prevent Anakin from becoming Vader. I've not written any other time travel fics.

I'd like to see the Rogues travel in time - but that's only because of the havoc they'd cause.

Mostly I'd like to see Zekk used. I think he's worldly enough to be able to control himself without attempting to tamper with the timeline. Of course, greater good and all that, he might tweak it to try and get the results he wants...

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Seeing as Juliet gave me the plot bunny for my time travel story from hell that just won't end... I agree!

The Rogues traveling in time would be fascinating.

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yay!

[:D] to all the people who've ventured in here so far. [:D]

(I think we threw this one in here just to see how many people who name Luke/Han/Leia ;) )

I find one of the most favourite times for authors to travel back to is ROTS with the mission of saving Anakin from becoming Darth Vader. I've seen Luke/Leia/Han used mostly for this purpose, probably because we just love to see Luke and Leia interact with their father and meet their mother and Obi-Wan. And also, the reactions of Anakin and Padme finding out that they're their children are vastly humorous.

Don't you just love character reactions in time travel? :p

I've also seen much use of Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo as well as Ben Skywalker in different time travel stories in various forums and places. Anakin Skywalker's grandchildren have an interesting relationship with their grandfather since they've never met him and they've all heard the stories. I think we like seeing what they'd act like if they could have met him. :)

I personally like Jaina for time travel. I can't really say why... well, a) she's one of my favourite characters and b) interacting between her and Anakin Skywalker is... well, you can imagine: "Wait, you're my granddaughter? I haven't even had kids yet!"

See what I mean?

That's the lovable random hilarity of time travel for you. :p

I'd like to see a time travel story where Qui-Gon goes to the Beyond... just because it'd be different and there'd be a lot of "what?!"s going on. I'd also like to see time travel fics with people like Kyp, Tahiri and the YJKs and I'd love to see lots of collisions between the Before and the Beyond.

I agree that seeing the Rogues time travel would be very hilarious! Just the idea makes me laugh! [face_laugh]

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You just don't want anybody giving you anymore fic ideas to had to your list MamaVader:p

Okay here are my responses:

Obviously the big three of the Classic Trilogy of course L/L/H. Luke/Leia for obvious reasons. Han mostly because of the Leia/Han romance.

Ben Skywalker and Jaina Solo are to others you frequently fine in time travel fic. Ben probably because of that line from Anakin to Luke to Ben and Jaina probably because she tends to be as dark a character as Anakin sometimes. Jaina I think is what Anakin Skywalker might have been had he stepped away from the Darkside before the Jedi temple Slaughter or perhaps even Mustafar.

Because I haven't done any time travel fic (yet) I'll decline this question.

*several people will probably kill me for this* I would like to see somebody write a PT era Padme travelling to the NJO time period. It would be interesting to have her meet her grown children, her nearly grown Grandchildren and perhaps find out what happened to Naboo since her time period (Something not discussed in the books)

Maybe somebody will be apt to write that sometime. [face_devil]

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting idea, but I'm not a taker. Unless, of course, she gets to assassinate her grandson...

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    [face_laugh]

20. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Interesting idea, but I'm not a taker. Unless, of course, she gets to assassinate her grandson...

Don't worry Ish Pro-fic has already done that for you, one literally, and the other character-wise.[face_plain]

21. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    It'd also be interesting to see a fic where characters travel into the future, for example RotS-ish Obi-Wan to the ESB era. Or what if Anakin met Han? That'd be hilarious! [face_laugh] Especially if Anakin tried to apologise to Han for freezing him alive!

*runs away screaming as she's attacked by a plot bunny for a third time-travel fic*

22. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Hi! I LOVE Time Travel fics! I'm writing my own (but it won't be posted until the whole thing is written).

Which characters are used most frequently in time travel? Why? I've seen Luke, Leia, Han, et all. Why? Because often many stories are written where they are sent to prevent a certain event from happening. *cough* Anakin Skywalker's turn to the darkside *cough*

Which characters are your favourites for time travel? Why? Luke, Leia, etc....Why? Because I love reading about them visiting the prequels. I also don't mind prequel characters visiting the future.

Which characters would you like to see time travel, to which era, and visit which characters? Why? I would like to see more stories where Anakin and Obi-Wan and Padmé visit the future. Perhaps when Anakin is Vader to show him what he becomes.

my own story will be Luke and Leia visiting prequel times. I've only gotten a little of it written right now. I hope to turn it into a great story. What I love about these stories is that each one has that unique touch of the author's writing style.

23. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Jedi_Liz posted: I would like to see more stories where Anakin and Obi-Wan and Padmé visit the future. Perhaps when Anakin is Vader to show him what he becomes.

Great, like I needed more plot bunnies... 8-} I'm enjoying reading what people answer for the third question, even if it does result in attacks by the little furry ones. :p

24. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    don't worry Nienna, I was attacked with another time travel plot bunny (funny how my muse can help with these but she's mysteriously absent when I need help with my other fic!) that I'll try to write, but for now its only Padmé that's time traveling.

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Remember, everyone, plot bunnies are nice, demoniac little things. ;) And in this thread, we love them!

[face_batting]

8-}

It'd also be interesting to see a fic where characters travel into the future, for example RotS-ish Obi-Wan to the ESB era. Or what if Anakin met Han? That'd be hilarious! laugh Especially if Anakin tried to apologise to Han for freezing him alive!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'd love to see that some time.

Lazy K likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.