main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Come on Liverpool!!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by JONJEDI, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Tommorow morning Liverpool will be playing Sao Paulo, the champions of South America for the title of World Champions!
    If they can win in the final of the World Club Championship when the fans sing "We are by far the best team, the World has ever seen" It will have so much more meaning when sang around Anfield. Some recon this tournament isn't very important but a competition that will name you World Champs, that sounds pretty big to me.

Come on Liverpool!!!!! Who needs Europe? Lets have the world instead! :D

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Especially when the rest of the world were involved in this competition :p

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Good luck against Sao Paulo. They're a good side but if things go against them they go a bit dirty.

As much as I don't rate the player I do honestly hope Crouch plays well for you when you play them.

Good luck. It may not be a major recognised tournament yet but it will be one day I'm sure.

4. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Yes well you'll be facing the only other decent side in the competition today so good luck with that. I have no real idea what Brazilian club sides are really like (Can't be too good otherwise you wouldn't get 800 Brazilians playing in Europe!) but I notice Crouch isn't playing and it's one up front with Morientes.

I wouldn't be suprised if its because the Brazilians have been training with Crouch in mind...

5. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Great second half, I wonder if Liverpool are going to get a goal?

Shame but a good match for the neutral ;)

6. Jedi_Patter

Jedi_Patter Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2005
    ooooh 1-0 to Sao Paulo

7. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    How frustrating was that!!! There goal came from a free kick down the left hand side because Kewell did absolutely sod all but win the ball! We even equalized but we got cheated out of it because of the linesman! We even had a penalty shout but that stupid referee wasn't having any of it.

But what I didn't understand was the formation. At the start of the season it was 4-5-1 more or less every game and it was 0-0 innless we could scrap a winner from a set piece. Against West Ham he started 2 up front and we started putting the ball in the back of net regularly winning by 2 or 3 goals. I was hoping Rafa would for a change go out all attack as he had to miss his own father?s funeral to be here. But I had a feeling Rafa would change it for today. I was praying for Cisse and Crouch to start together so what does he do, Morientes up front on his own. :rolleyes: What happens? Like at the start of the season we create chance after chance but can't finish. But they managed to score and so no 0-0 this time, we loose.

But I was really disappointed with this. Mostly because who knows if we will get a chance to even play in the competition again. It seems to be growing in status so it would be nice to win it just to say that we won it once. But the one big positive we can take away was Harry Kewell's performance. At long last we are starting to see Leed's Harry Kewell. Not injury prone couldn't give a **** Harry Kewell. Keep it up Harry. :)

8. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2002

I'm sure Chelsea fans sympathise... not! Ya get luck and sometimes it goes against you.

Personally I find this disgusting. Family should always come first no matter what. My estimation of the man has went down. Even if he didnt get on with his father he should have been there for his mother rather than this mickey mouse tournament.

How? This is only the second time its been played (on the whims of Sepp Blabber) and the last time there were more teams.

I personally thought the scouse would have won as the Brazilian teams dont generally like the freezing weather. Either way- I wouldnt worry about it.

9. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    He got on great with his father! His father often spoke of how he is his son's biggest fan and how proud of him he is. Rafa wanted to go strait back to Madrid when it happened but his family told him he should stay in Japan. They said his father would rather he concentrated on football. He is going back to be with his family strait away after leaving Japan.

I actually salute Benitez for been brave enough to carry on doing his job and I think Fifa handled it great with the minute silence they held.

And the Competition is starting to grow in stature because it isn't considered very big but the players are starting to take it seriously. This isn't the second time the competition has been held either. They have just changed the name. I mean this is the third time Liverpool have been it, the where in it twice it the eighties.

10. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Dec 3, 2002

Nah I still think its not on. He should have been there for his fathers funeral. HE will never get that back and will probably regret it in later life- were as Liverpool will always be around.

You're getting mixed up with the Inter-Continental Cup which United were the first English side to win it in 99. It was always just a one of match with the champs of europe against the champs of south america (and used to be over two legs). This comp started in 2000 where United went to Brazil and had to pull out of the FA Cup. There were more teams in it then but less this time around. Though I'm not sure what goes through Blatter's mind as I am wondering what has happened to the Inter-Continental Cup and why you arent playing in it? We played in both- maybe he's mixed the two together?

11. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Dec 3, 2002
    Actually, from reading fifa.com it says...

"A 27th-minute goal from midfielder Mineiro was enough to give the Copa Libertadores' holders a famous win in the inaugural six-team FIFA Club World Championship TOYOTA Cup Japan 2005."

Meaning that THIS is the first time its been played? I'm confused! Whats Sepp up to? He's lost the plot as he tinkers with it all.

12. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    It's the first time that it only had 6 teams. All the other times it had 16 or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.