main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

come on midnight tickets be mine!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MaceWindy, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Mark (Turr_Phenir) is organising tickets for all of us on a grand get together to see it hopefully on the 16th... however I thought I'd pre-empt and get one ticket anyhows just in case. Either way, we wouldn't be seeing it until the evening if this is pulled off...

2. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    "Your call will be answered in approximately seven minutes..."

I phoned at midnight on the dot and got through after about 20 minutes. Then, before I could make a booking the line switched to a recording saying the booking office was "closed" - please call between 9am and 9pm.

:mad:

Redialled and spent nearly 40 minutes hearing the top message. It was a very long seven minutes. Faith in Odeon cinemas severely tested. Gave up after 45 minutes of waiting for those same 'seven' minutes to pass. Extremely pi**ed off...

Rang up this morning, on the off-chance, at 5am. Got straight through:

WE'RE OFF TO THE 11.40PM SCREENING ON WEDNESDAY MAY 15!!!!!!! I'M GONNA BE SOOO HYPED!!!! :D

Still mightily annoyed with the whole Odeon farrago, however...

3. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    isn't pulling it off in public a crime?

4. threepio23

threepio23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2000
    anyone know if you can use a visa electron to buy tickets or if there is any other way apart from a normal debit card?

5. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    I was waiting 2 mins if that to get through. My scheme? Phone a related but different cinema and have them book the ticket(s) for the cinema you really want to visit. Worked for me :p

And I've now been confirmed for 10:20am Leicester Square... would have done the Midnight one if any of the remaining seats weren't tucked in the very corners...

6. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    but a corner seat means you coudl've pulled it off.....

7. jinky32

jinky32 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    this is a farce! I waited for ages while the stupid voice went through all the times. Picked my 8.20pm time, gave my card details, then they turned around and said they weren't available!
    I'm going there at lunch time to give them a piece of my mind!

Have a stupid meeting now and am going to sulk the whole way through it...

8. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Cool - as long as I have the place in the meetup that is Coooooooooooooooooooool.

Now2, where did I put those premiere code words..... {when tickets just won't do... ;) }

9. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    Looks at his tickets he has already got!!

MUAHAHAHAHHAHA

(well his payslip that menaas he works in a cinema and will see it when he wants ;) )

10. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    JJF has nicked Paul's Enigma machine...

11. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    1 call, straight through, 2 tickets for Episode II in all it's digital glory, Leicester Square at 11:40pm booked.

Come on you clones...

:D

12. Darth_Gster

Darth_Gster Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Hey everyone.
    I've just got back from London (200miles) after spending the night queing for my episode 2 tickets.

Because we camped there we had first shot at the tickets and got some great seats for the Premire on midnight May 16th.

7 of us qued all night at had a total blast. It was sooooooo cooooooool.

If you could have made it and didn't you should shoot yourself in the head 4 missing something you would have extremelly enjoyed.

If any of the night or early morning crew are reading,- cheers guys! i had a wicked time, see u when the clones attack!

So Cool!

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Went down to my local Odeon and told me I couldn't book tickets until next week because they weren't sure how many copies of the movie they would recieve so they couldn't be sure of how many bookings they could take.

:mad:

14. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

4 tickets for the 11.40 screening on 15th May at Odeon Leicester Square!

Booka!

BTW, toochilled baby, we are officially go for premiere. Call me baby.

15. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Question: Anyone here with tickets NOT got midnight showings?

16. MaceWindy

MaceWindy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2000
    So after trying until one o'clock last night trying to get tickets for Odeon Glasgow Renfield Street, I decided to go to bed, woke up for work at five o'clock, phoned and yippee got through booked ticket fo 12:05am, gave my card details and low and behold, there are no tickets available for that showing.
    Well later on 17:00 to be precise I got dropped off in Glasgow, and thought might as well head down and see whats left, so in I went and asked the good lady behind the desk if there were any tickets left for the midnight showing, and guess what WHOOHOO! SIX TICKETS are mine for the centre second from back row, in Screen 1. I honestly almost had the choice of the entire seating area to choose from.
    Me thinks the whole phone booking think was a total balls up.

17. Brenster

Brenster Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    Ginger_Jedi,

Not got midnight tickets here :eek:(

Odeon Blackpool isn't doing a midnight showing, neither are any of the cinema in Preston nearby. :eek:(

On the plus side I've got tickets for both the 11:00am and 8:30pm showings on May 16th, both in the Dolby Digital Surround Ex screens! Woohoo!

Still, I'd rather have the atmosphere of a midnight showing - whilst waiting to get through to the Odeon last night, I had the "The Beginning" documentary on from the TPM DVD - the premiere Rick McCallum shows up at the end looked so damned cool!

Cheers,

Bren

18. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    2 tickets, Cineworld, Touchwood, May 14th, 1900h.

Sorted.

19. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    I am glad I wasn't the only one who had horrendous problems with booking SWII tickets with Odeon last night. At least, I think I have finally got the tickets for the Odeon Leicester Square on 16 May.

I won't be entirely convinced until I actually get them in my hands...

20. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I called up at nine this morning and after listening to Destiny's Child (shudder) for about half an hour I finally got through to Odeon Leceister Square. Booked two tickets for the midnight show (I can't believe there were still some left - Mann's Chinese Theater sold out their midnight show in about an hour back in 99). The woman on the other end promised me they were good seats too, not the crappy ones. They better be for ten quid!
    Now I just need to get up to London and get the tickets in my hand. :)

21. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    I could have had midnight tickets, but the only ones left for Leicester Square (according to the seating plan) were on the extreme wings, so I figured I'd just take the first morning showing. A lot cheaper too :)

22. Chewbugga

Chewbugga Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Anyone found a midnight showing in the Birmingham area.

Most frustrated!!

23. UberJediPaul

UberJediPaul Jedi Master star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    The force was unusually weak with Odeon on this. I wonder if they turned to the dark side............
    I called 11:58 to allow time to get through the automated menu's then after wating for 20 mins got told I was number 95 so hung up well p****d off. I had also been online (with my mother ADSL connection) since 11:50 waiting to refresh the menu on the online booking page which then crashed @ midnight.
    Then got up @ 5AM and still no website update plus the automated service let you go through the menus then rejected a valid ccard.

Maybe I'm too simple but surely for a film like AOTC you ramp up the bandwidth on your website (update it as well would be nice) and take on a few extra bookers. Otherwise why bother advertising the tickets are on sale @ 12.01.

Next morning I went to the Odeon Leicester Square and no queue at all so just choose my seats (the best in the house) for the first 3 days 10:20 performance.

I think Odeon knew the film would sell out regardless within a few hours once word hit the streets so did not/could not be bothered to offer decent advance ordering services for the dedicated fans who like myself and many others on this forum are willing to lose sleep to see a film series they love.

Lets hope they use the force when EPIII premieres!

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *sobs* I have no tickets at all. My local Odeaon @ Brighton said they can't take bookings until they know how many copies of the movie they are going to recieve and that won't be till next week! :(

25. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    dont worry ginger your not alone. My cinema is uci and they arent even taking bookings yet :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.