main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Come one, Come all......It's the FanForce Open House!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jediknight88, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    waves enthusiastically

Hey! I'm the Communications Officer for our FF chapter, Victory Base located in (usually) sunny Victoria, BC, Canada.

Any new West Coast Jedi here may feel free to PM me to chat about get-togethers and other fun stuff. I travel pretty much the whole coast in the course of a summer, so I'm happy to meet up with fans from points south, all the way to Portland WA, and beyond!

*Derisa*

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Just upping this in case any newbies have missed the wonderful world of FanForce... :D

3. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Just the thread I was looking for Nina :D...you're a dear. You read my mind! ;)

4. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Okay, once again, this thread belongs someplace better than buried far back... :D

So, all newbies, and other folks who haven't yet discovered the Wonderful World of FanForce, here's your chance! There's probably a FanForce in your area, and you can bet the members there would love to see you join. And if there isn't, well, it's great fun just taking part in the discussions at the various chapter forums, or the regional forums... :)

What are you waiting for? FanForce wants YOU! If you have any questions about which FF is closest to you, or questions about anything else, you can just ask us here. :)

5. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Hey little FanForce thread, what are you doing buried this far back?

*kicks the thread to the top and invites all newbies to check out their FanForces*

6. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    All you people from Luxembourg, Belgium or Holland out there: come and visit us in the BeNeLux thread! We could use some new members (we're not even an official FF, but whatever...).
    :) We won't bite! (no, really!)

7. The_destroyer

The_destroyer Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2004
    Sorry but why isn't "Turkey" in your list????

8. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    That'll be because there's no FanForce Chapter in Turkey.

There has to be at least three people to found a Chapter.
    So, go find some more Turkish people and you'll be well on your way :)

9. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Oh, and if anyone's in the St Louis area, join us!

10. The_Littlest_Jedi

The_Littlest_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2005
    Don't mind me, just a newbie snooping around the forums. :D

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Is there a way to get the Spokane Fan Force listed on the first post under USA Pacific Fan Forces?

The Spokane Fan Force is a blast for anyone in the area :) We are a crazy bunch that has a lot of fun!

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    "Is there a way to get the Spokane Fan Force listed on the first post under USA Pacific Fan Forces?"

Technically, no problem. Any mod and above could edit the opening post for you. :)

But seeing that the whole listing is pretty much out of date, and that the link structure will most likely change after the upcoming move, I personally believe that it would make more sense to post a completely new list once everything has been transferred to the new board system. I'll do that, unless there are any volunteers? ;)

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    You make a good point :)

14. ps2_jedi

ps2_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    Nice Job JediKnight88, but I think you forgot Grand Rapids, MI Fanforce

15. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    I'd rather guess that it didn't exist yet when he created this list. ;)

Please be patient a little longer, I'll make sure it will be added to the next list after the move. :D

16. PadmeNaberrieAmidala

PadmeNaberrieAmidala Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'd love to join the Jedi Knights of Columbus sometime, since I live about 45 minutes away from Columbus *^-^*

17. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Welcome, Padmé! :)

Is that Columbus, OH or Columbus, GA? ;) Either way, I'm sure they'll be happy to welcome you. :D

Just post in the respective forum, and hopefully someone from your region will reply to you quickly. :) Don't be shy, most FanForces love to gain new members!

If you have any questions about FanForce or the boards in general, please don't hesitate to ask - I or one of the other regular users here will be happy to help you. :)

Enjoy your stay!!

18. PadmeNaberrieAmidala

PadmeNaberrieAmidala Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    That's Columbus, OH. I live around Marysville (about 10 mins from the honda of america plant) My only problem with joining at the moment I still have to finish school this year, get a job, and finally learn to drive >_< I've been putting it off for so long.... my parents are going to push the subject soon. After I actually get a life, hopefully I could join (if i can ever get a costume)

19. Reboscale

Reboscale Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2005
    What exactly does FF do? What are the requirements to join/participate? I am in Milwaukee, WI and am kind of interested.
    Thanks!

20. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    "What exactly does FF do?"

Well, that is hard to answer in just a few words, because every FanForce is different. The one thing they have in common is that each of them has their own forum here on the JC, which serves as an online meeting place for all fans from that city or region. Additionally, most FanForces organize meetings in "real life" - some meet very often, others just once every few months. What happens during these meetings is entirely up to the members of that group - can be Star Wars-related activities (I know some chapters have costuming groups, lightsaber fighting classes, book clubs and much more), but it can also be just a casual get-together, watching a movie, going to a restaurant together or whatever else the members can think of. ;)

Usually there are no requirements to join, a FanForce chapter should be open to everyone (including people from other cities). :)
    Padme, you should be able to join without a costume too. I've been active in FanForce myself for quite some time, and I still don't have one. ;)

So, the best advice I can give you right now is to simply go to the forum of your local FanForce group and start posting. :D Get to know the people who post there regularly, and hopefully make friends with them. They should be able to tell you much more about the activities of the club in question. Also, each official FanForce chapter has a "Chapter Representative" (or CR for short) - it's their job to help you out, so don't hesitate to ask them if you have any questions. ;)

I hope that helps a bit! :)

21. cerberus20052006

cerberus20052006 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    star wars movies are the best movies of all times

22. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    I wish there was a FanForce for the city where I live, but I think I might be the only person to post there, as it is a good bet no one else here lives where I do.

23. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    we once had a fan force in biloxi mississippi, but it is now deleted.

:tape

duct tape rules!

24. Jedi_Master_Scou

Jedi_Master_Scou Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey, theres acctually a FF in a state boardering my state. I was sure I was at least two states away. Now, Boise Idaho isn't quite were I live, but I could pretend. :)

25. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Have you ever thought about opening an own/new FF, Sammy? All you need is two more persons who would post there. Just an idea. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.