main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Come One, Come All, to a Flag Day!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yep, kisses. I haven't forgotten. :D :D

2. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    Are these kisses for everyone :D or just IA :( ?

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Just me...I was feeling rather blue. ;)

4. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Bummer.

IA - You were looking rather blue also. :D

5. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I know it's still a few weeks off but have we got anymore info on thigns like what time we are meeting in Flag, etc? Will there be a final meeting beforehand? Keep me posted.

LP :D

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Nope: Homey's not going. :(

7. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    If everyone is planning on going Sat Morning, than I'm definatly staying the night. Be a shame to return to the heat so soon. Like I said, I'm off that Sat. WOOHOO!

Maybe we should meet over dinner or something to work out some of the details. PM's have a habbit of falling victim to interpritation. Maybe someplace central like Phoenix.

8. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I will be staying overnight in the hotel, as my sister will be out of town that weekend. She's going to Havasu with her boyfriend.

I think the general plan is to leave as early as possible Saturday morning. Since it is a holiday weekend(it's so nice that they made a national holiday out of my birthday), it would be best to avoid the traffic Friday night.

I know a bit of a shortcut that will allow us to bypass all the traffic up to New River (near Anthem).

If peeps want to meet at my house Saturday morning, we can leave from there, since the shortcut starts near my house.

Any suggestions on when we want to leave Phoenix? We should probably allow approx 3 hours for the trip to Flag, since there may be traffic. I was thinking of getting there around 10:30-11:00am. If we met at my house by 7:00am and left by 7:30-8:00(to allow for late peeps), that should get us to Flag by a reasonable hour.

What do you all think?

BTW, LORD PARSEC, I have room for one passenger, if you're interested, but you'd have to find a ride to my house in NW Peoria.

9. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I'd like a spot in the hotel room if you don't mind.

10. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I think you've got a good plan Mobius, assemble at 0630-0700 at your place and leave between 0700-0730.

11. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    THANK THE FORCE!!!

I am finally home from a week spent with my extended family and I couldn't be happier to be back!!! WHEW!! :D

Ok, so here are the updates on my plans and I think we definately need to meet to solidify everything...hopefully at the Rebel Legion meeting...if someone could tell me when and where that will be this month. :D

MEETING TIME: We need an easy place for you all to find to meet up and then caravan to the BBQ. We could say meet up by 11:30 at this place....Ideas anyone?

HOTEL: Before you arrive, I will check in to the hotel for you so we don't have to waste time doing that later, I'll get a few keys made up so that no one will get locked out. This will also be the dressing room after the BBQ for costumes. So far, if my count is right I have VoidDancer, Mobius, Lord Parsec, Master Duron, and Idiots Array lined up for the hotel room. (I still have to go get it, I just got into town last night.) All I need to know is how you guys normally do this...do you just get one room, share beds and have someone sleep on the floor, or do you get two rooms? Let me know, cause if the price is right, I may be able to get two rooms for you all.

BBQ: I was thinking pot-luck BBQ, but since I know it will be hard to cart up any perishable food, I was thinking that I could purchase food if everyone was willing to pitch in, minus those who brought plates, plasticware, cups, drinks, and napkins. You know, a few bucks a person. But I need to know what you guys want to eat and what time you want to eat. I was thinking around noon at a park here in Flagstaff, with typical BBQ fare.

BIRTHDAY BOYS: In honor of those with birthdays in August, we will be having a B-day party at the BBQ, especially for Mobius whose birthday is that very day!! I believe VoidDancer & TD0690 also have birthdays in August, but I need anyone else with an August birthday to speak up so I can get your names on the cake!! :D

KISS WARS: And remember yet again that I have reserved the right to kiss the Birthday Boys on the cheek and have enlisted the Queen as another pair of lips!! [face_devil] Thus we will be conducting a Kiss Wars....to include any male member who is also having an Un-Birthday and won't get in trouble with a significant other! Remember that kisses are not mandatory if your wife or girlfriend objects...don't want a mad woman coming after me or the Queen!! Also I have promised IdiotsArray, Diesel Dave, DEICIDE and others kisses based on their exceptional characters!! And of course Mobius is already in the lead! (I will kiss Mobius more than anyone else....on the cheek) Oh, and a prize will be awarded!!

HASTINGS: After the BBQ, we will get into costume (probably at the hotel) and head on over to Hastings where we will put up a table to introduce Flagstaff to the wonders of all that is FanForce. We will be passing out flyers, watching the Trilogy, and telling people how to join. We will also be creating general mayhem courtesy of PFF!! [face_devil] I would love for as many people as possible to wear costumes, but if you don't have one, that's ok too, we wouldn't want to be there without you!! :D And PLEASE anyone with armor...wear it!! We would love as many people from the Dune Sea Garrison to show up as possible!! (I adore armor!! [face_love])

Also, it would be nice if someone could bring a TV and a VCR. If you can't bring them, I'll bring mine. I will bring the table and the Trilogy as well. I will bring as many chairs from my house as possible, but if you have a favorite chair, throw it in someone's truck.

We also need to make up some flyers! I am not terribly good at that sort of thing, so if someone wants to make one up and email it to me that would be a wonderful help!! I'll make the copies. My email address is on my profile.

DOWNTOWN: After we're done at Hastings or we get kicked off the property,

12. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    I am still not 100% sure that I am going. 90% maybe. If I go I will go ahead and spring for 1 hotel room. If people have a few extra bucks to pitch in great. If not, no big deal.

13. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Just got clearance from the wife. Its a go. I have room for 3 people plus luggage, costumes etc.

Deicide I still have your armor. If you are planning on going I can bring it up for you. :)

14. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Unfortunately, I will not be going. That weekend is Labor Day weekend and since I did not get a chance to visit family during my "vacation", I will go see them. Maybe next time. Have fun. :( :_| [face_love]

15. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Definatly in on the Hotel.

If we need two rooms they'll have to be joined for late night pranks. [face_mischief]

edit:spelling

16. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Good idea Dave. If not I can just cut a doorway in the wall with my lightsaber. Either way we will have a blast.

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Although I cannot make it, I can offer my RFT to anyone who can fit into it.

34" waist, 32" inseal, Large shirt and vest and size 10 1/2 boots.

If anyone wants a costume to wear, that doesn't already have one.

Have a good time, troops!!!

18. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    OB1 How come your not coming?

19. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral,
    I also have an August Birthday (14th!). Don't forget me! Not so much for the cake, but more for the kiss on the cheek! :D

Mobius,
    I already got a ride with Void. Thanks for the offer though. I'll PM you this too.

LP

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    OW can't come out and play because the wife feels that 2-3 weekends a month of SW stuff is enough.

I do have a preggers wife and a toddler at home, and do need to spend some non-SW time with them. It's only fair. :)

I'd love to go to Flag, but have to keep the family as a priority. :D

21. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Right on Lord Parsec I'll be sure to put your name on the cake AND give you your share of Birthday Boy kisses!! [face_devil]

I love birthdays!!

If I do get two rooms, I'll be sure to make them adjoining!! :D Wouldn't want to hinder the late night pranks!! [face_devil]

MexChewie sorry to miss you! :( You can come up for the DVD release party though in November!! :D

Ok so for the HOTEL I have Diesel Dave, Master Duron, VoidDancer, Mobius, Lord Parsec, and Idiots Array.

For BIRTHDAY BOYS I have Lord Parsec, VoidDancer, Mobius, and TD0690

AND....I will be at the Rebel Legion meeting on the 24th at Voids so we can finish the arrangements for the 31st! :D

*Goes off to check on lipstick supply for the 31st...

Jungle Red, check
    Fire Engine Red, check
    Black for Mobius, check
    Blood Red, check.....*

22. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I still have connections in Flag. I will put the word out up there to the people I know to get out and see you.

23. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    SWEET! Thanks Sistine that would be greatly appreciated. :D

24. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002

Gosh I miss Flag! I loved it when I lived up there. I always wanted to go back but the economy back then was a little harsh.

I can still hear the sounds of the wind through the Pine trees and the absence of sound when it snowed. Sitting at the Coffee Bean looking up at the majestic peak wondering what that days weather would bring....

I would love to come out and go up with the PFF, alas my finances do not allow it. Perhaps next time!!!

25. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    I doubt I will be able to make it now either. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.