main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA COME ONE COME ALL TO THE LA FAN FORCE FIRST OFFICIAL MEETING....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ajthelegend, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Bruin

Jedi-Bruin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2002
    Anyone here go to UCLA? I will as of Thrsday and ahve no clue how to get to Burbank. :(

Kyle Bown
    kbown@hotmail.com

2. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Cloneddarklord - that's one of my favorite lines to that movie (batman) haha!

Well.. if I tell u then i have to kill ya - haha! [face_laugh]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/08/img/ws_sm.jpg]

3. AnonymousDirector

AnonymousDirector Jedi Master

Feb 12, 2001
    This sounds great! And I love that restaurant. I look forward to meeting you all on the 21st and making some new friends of the Force.

- Anonymous Director of fanmade Ep. 2 trailer

4. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Hey Jedi-Bruin, one of my best friends goes to UCLA. I go to Loyola Marymount myself so it's pretty close.

I can't wait for some of those Islands fries. I love them!

5. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    Hey Jedi Speewwy, you go to Loyola? My sister Graduated with "Honors" from there a few years back. It looks like a really cool school.

6. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    I went to Loyola too. I'll be at the Alumni picnic tomorrow. PM me if you'll be there. I'll be the one in the Mooby Cap

7. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Yeah it's a pretty nice school. Good if you like smaller ones.

I don't think I'll be at the picnic. Actually, It's probably already over now that I think about it. :p

8. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    BRUIN:

Take Sunset west to the 405N, transition Ventura Fwy 101 (toward L.A.), take 134 to Glendale, exit Victory, turn left, turn right on Magnolia, go up to the media city center, turn right, that should get you into the right area...

BTW

TROJANS RULE

9. Silent_Bob_West

May 19, 2002
    Well, it's actually goingto happen this Saturday. I'll be looking forward to FINALLY seeing you all in person. Even My weekends can be double booked but I pulled some strings and I will definitely be there. I'm even going to miss a DVD signing of the docummentary I was involved with. See, even I can make sacrifices. If the director has another DVD signing, he is open to have us show up in costume to help promote it. Anyway, See you all at Islands.

10. ajthelegend

ajthelegend Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    GREAT SILENTBOB, IT IS GOING TO BE GOOD TO FINIALLY MEET YOU, BRING A FRIEND... JUST WANTED TO SAY HI TO EVERYONE AND TO REMIND EVERYONE (IF A REMINDER IS NEEDED HAHA) OF OUR FIRST OFFICIAL MEETING TOMORROW AT THE ISLANDS RESTAURANT.... MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR 7:00 PM AND WE HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS... AS USUAL I WOULD LOVE TO GET A HEAD COUNT OF HOW MANY WILL BE ATTENDING... IF POSSIBLE PLEASE CONFIRM ON THIS THREAD THANKS... GO LA FAN FORCE....

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll be there....

Helen

12. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll be there :)

13. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    I'll be there with one or two friends possibly, if that's okay of course. :)

14. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Of course thats fine haha.... Looking forward to seeing you all there... Lets keep it up w/the confirmations on who all is coming LA.... GO LA Fan Force....

15. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Hello everyone. I'm from Glendale (right next to Burbank) and would like to be a part of the meeting. I've talked with ajthelegend about a previous meeting but couldn't make it. I won't miss this next one! See you all there.

16. Silent_Bob_West

May 19, 2002
    In addition to me, Sara from Minesota Fan Force will be joining us too. She's here for the semester and would like to get involved with L.A. fan Force.

17. Silent_Bob_West

May 19, 2002
    By the Way, Check out the new thread about the DVD signing in the afternoon.

18. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    'Been lurking for a while, but finally got myself re-registered! I'll be at Islands with my SO and our two kids (aged 8 and 19) if that's O.K. :) Can't wait to get involved in fandom again! Cheers -- JediBith

19. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Great JediBith cant wait to see you and the family at the meeting... Just wanted to give all a heads up on tonight... I called over to Islands to inquire about the seating or if we need to reserve tables.... The info I was given by the individual I spoke w/is that basicly they do not have tables for large groups they do however have booths that seat different numbers... They do have a patio and from what I understand that would be the best place for all of us to get together to have this meeting... So when you go to Islands just ask for the LA Fan Force or Star Wars, and you should have no problems finding us... I will make an attempt to be at the Location half an hour early just to make sure things go smooth but I may make it a little closer to 7 than I would like due to an tattoo appointment (I'll show you guys when I get their haha) however, if anyone finds thereself being the first individual at the restaurant please ask to speak w/Michael regarding the patio ok.... Sorry this is so long and I cant wait to see everyone tonight... We have much to discuss and some cool prizes to give away.... Go LA Fan Force....

20. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Hi all, just wanted to say thanks to all that attended last nights meeting... I had a great time and I hope everyone else did too... Once again I apologize for being tardy but I just had to get that mandalorian tattoo haha... Anyways as usual here is a list of those who attended along w/the guest that came w/them....

Liz (JediBith) brought Bernie, Thomas, John
    Derik (TIE1138)
    Tanya (Jedilona)
    Tashi (JediSpeewwy)
    Emily (JediVixen)
    Sara (Elensara)
    Art (Silent_Bob_West)
    Helen (ValedaKor)
    Jeff (MyreAlonde)
    Kevin (Anonymous Director)
    Brian (Dark Raven)
    Mike (SoCalSnow)
    Luis (no FF ID)
    Dara (Luminara?)
    Will (no FF ID)
    ?? (Solojedi)
    ?? (CPPJedi)
    Larry (Gooodtimz)

Once again thanks to everyone who showed up and also a special thanks to Will who got the questions together for our Monthly Quiz... I will post the quiz questions in a bit.... Go LA Fan Force....

21. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    AJ

Just to let you know that my FF id is:

JediVixen

Enjoyed the meeting! Great to meet all of you!

--Emily--

22. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Sorry I missed it guys. However, the Santa Monica meeting will be no problem, since I live a mile from the Promenade. Post those trivia questions without the answers, I want to see if I could have taken Jeff.

23. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Alright here are the quiz questions for those who were not able to attend... Good Luck, feel free to contact me for any answers...

1. What number cell was Princess Leia held in on the Death Star?

2. What was Luke's gunner's name on board his snow speeder during the battle of Hoth?

3. What type of craft destroys the super star destroyer in "Return of the Jedi?"

4. What new speeder "came out" causing Luke to sell his landspeeder for less than he felt it was worth?

5. What are the odds of successfully navigating a ship through an asteroid field?

6. How long is one slowly digested in a Sarlacc?

7. How long does Uncle Owen want Luke to wait before he transmits his application to the Academy?

8. What bat-like creature attempted to feast on the "Falcon" when she was landed inside the asteroid/creature?

9. What skill did Luke demonstrate that caused Darth Vader to assess Luke's training as complete?

10. What caused R2-DF to malfunction, prompting C-3PO to suggest to Luke Skywalker an exchange for R2-D2?

24. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Just wanted to say I had a great time at the meeting last night. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the next one because I already have something planned that night. It's too bad because I live about 10 minutes from there. Oh well, I'll be at the one after that. :D

25. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    It was a pleasure meeting everyone last night! I had a great time.

I'm sorry you can't make the next one Tashi :(.

As far as resturants we can have the next meeting at, my friend recommended Yankee Doodle's. I'm not too familiar with this resturant, but from what I understand, the patio set up is appropriate for what we are looking for.

I look forward to meeting all who were unable to attend last nights meeting.

THE WEST SIDE OF THE FORCE ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.