main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Come Undone, reposted from Classic Forum, 7/25 Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Anakin watched the small shuttle craft make its final approach and grew angrier by the moment. The computer had identified not just one life form but a second one as well. As soon as Obi-wan came into earshot, Anakin called to him.

"I thought you would understand that you were to come alone Obi-wan," Anakin said bitterly. "This is a privet matter between the two of us, to bring others in..."

Seeing the second figure emerge from the shuttle, Anakin ignited his saber. Obi-wan wheeled around, trying to see what, or worse, who had caught his attention.

"Ani?" a voice called out to him and Anakin froze. It couldn't be... not here, not in this place! A figure in a pilot's uniform burst out of the ship and threw aside the helmet. Both Anakin and Obi-wan shouted her name at the same time, Obi-wan in terror, Anakin in disbelief. As she ran towards him, Anakin lowered his saber and threw the blaster aside, rooted to the spot. Obi-wan watched, a mixture of emotions churning through his soul. In that instant, he watched the cold cruel young man who had seemed to have replaced his young Padawan dissolve away in a sea of tears as Padme' rushed towards him. Too absorbed in seeing each other again, neither Anakin nor Padmé paid any attention to the claxon as it started screaming its warning. The station was under attack from a small group of guerrilla fighters. Too small to do any real serious damage to the ships or the hangars, they would fire small explosives seemingly at random, trying to disable as much personal and machinery as they could.

"For the love of the force, get down!" Obi-wan screamed covering his own head as he fell to the ground. The attack itself was over almost as quickly as it started. He saw the explosion that hit the wall, shrapnel flying everywhere and heard Anakin's scream of raw anguish.

"It's finished," Obi-wan Kenobi thought as he started to loose consciousness. "Endgame..."

*************************************************************************************

Epilogue

Twenty years later: Just out beyond the Dune Seas of Tatooien.

I watched the boy speed off across the desert, so much like his father, heedless of his own safety. Anakin! I could never tell the boy about his father, the real truth. How I was partly to blame for his fall, for our loss...

I closed my eyes and let my mind drifted back to that fateful day...

Anakin was cradling her seemingly too small body in his arms, weeping and sobbing inconsolably. He pulled her closer to his breast, calling her name over and over as if he could bring her back by sheer force of will.

"Anakin... Anakin," I choked, being assaulted by his pain as if it were a physical thing. "Please, there's nothing you can do..." Suddenly, I was thrown against the wall with a violence that I'd never experienced before in my life.

"Get away from her!" he positively screamed. "Why did she come here? Why did YOU bring her here Obi-wan?" He broke down into a flood of grief, keening her name again and over again in a bout of raw anguish.

I slowly got to my feet, and walked to the entrance of the hangar, leaving him to his distress. There was nothing I could do, nothing I could say to alleviate his pain. With his cries penetrating my very soul, all I could do was go outside, and wait. After what seemed like hours, he emerged carrying her remains wrapped in his Jedi robes, his features pale and drawn.

"Anakin..." I said softly, my own voice hoarse with emotion.

He stood there, saying nothing and I tried again.

"Anakin... your son...." I paused; the look of pure rage was like a blade through my very heart. I could not bring myself to tell him about the girl, and perhaps, it was for the best that he did not know. Anger and blackness radiated from him like a murderous cloud, if there had been any light left in him, it had died with Padmé.

"Son..." he echoed hollowly.

"He's safe..." I started but his icy stare made it impossi

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    :_| :_| :_|

*sobs* Poor, poor Ani! And what might have been! *sniffles*

Giving this a bump...you know how much I love it, DB.

*sniffles again*

:_|

3. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks for posting this in its entirety, DB! It was even better the 2nd time around. And that ending....so, so heartbreaking. I can just hear (and see) Anakin cradling his dead wife in his arms, sobbing uncontrollably (ala Ewan McGregor at the end of Moulin Rouge) and I'm really hoping for an emotional scene like that in Episode III.

At least, after all those years, Obi-Wan realized that he was wrong. He was wrong about a lot of things when it came to Anakin, though, including the fact that the good man in him had been destroyed forever. And in the end, Anakin's love is what set him free.

Wonderful, wonderful story, and I'm glad it grabbed some FFA noms.

4. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Double post. OOPS!

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Wonderful story. I could see EPIII being like this. (don't think GL will give us enough Mush though).

6. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Extremely sad, but Wonderful.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Ahhh, lovely feedback!

AG

I'm glad you do!

stacysatrip

Thank you! I was extreemly flattered to see it make it to the finals!

Reblemom

Hey, you never know! I'm so glad you liked it!

vampire-jing

Thank you!! In truth, the ending made me cry when I wrote it... espeially Obi-Wan's part at the end...

[face_love]

8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Up! Up! You must be up!

9. purpleMonkeeForceUsa

purpleMonkeeForceUsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2002
    ooh I loved this story I just had to read it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.