main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Come What May (P/A songfic) - Padme thinks about her feelings for Anakin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Jade, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Title: Come What May
    Author: Lady_Jade
    Genre: mush/romance
    Timeframe: post AotC
    Rating: PG
    Summary: A songfic about Anakin and Padme set right after the end of AotC. Just your basic A/P mush.

Ok, this is my first time ever writing Padme and Anakin, so I hope I did them justice. Characters belong to genuis Lucas and the song is from "Moulin Rouge" so it belongs to whoever wrote it.

Enjoy!!! :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Come What May

Padmé Amidala Naberrie Skywalker woke up to see the sun shining through her window, filling the room with warmth. Rolling over in bed, her heart skipped a beat as her eyes landed on the person lying next to her. The rays of the early morning sun bathed the face of her husband, Anakin Skywalker, in a golden light. Padmé smiled as she brushed a strand of his blond-brown hair away from his face.

He looks so innocent when he sleeps, Padmé thought to herself. Moving slowly so as not to awaken him, she eased out of the large bed and grabbed a blue silk robe to wrap around her nude body. She then tip-toed out onto the balcony and into the sunshine.

Never knew I could feel like this
    Like I've never seen the sky before

Padmé let out a sigh of contentment as she leaned on the balcony?s railing. Looking out over the glittering lake and the crystal clear sky, Padmé let her mind wander. It had been two days ago that she and Anakin had exchanged vows of love on this very spot. Two days ago, they had become husband and wife. She glanced down at the gold band on her left ring finger and smiled.

I want to vanish inside your kiss
    Every day I'm loving you more and more

Padmé thought back to that wonderful night. After the simple ceremony, Anakin had led her to the bedchamber ? their bedchamber. The night had been perfect, pure and simple. Perfect.

Listen to my heart, can you hear it sings
    Telling me to give you everything

That night had also erased any doubt from Padmé?s mind. She knew that attachment was forbidden in the Jedi Order, but she finally discovered that it didn?t matter to her. That night had opened her mind and her heart. She truly saw just how much Anakin loved her; and how much she loved him.

Seasons may change, winter to spring
    But I love you until the end of time
    Come what may
    I will love you until my dying day

She knew without a doubt that they would overcome whatever obstacles lay ahead of them. She knew their love was pure enough and strong enough to survive anything. She knew she would always love him.

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
    Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
    It all revolves around you

Anakin was her life; he was her other half. The morning after their wedding she had awoken to find Anakin leaning over her, a smile tugging at his lips.

?What is it love?? she had asked.

?Close your eyes,? he had said softly. ?Look. Feel.?

Padmé did as she was told, and felt Anakin?s presence within her mind. She smiled at his soothing touch, but then noticed he was leading her into her own mind. He slowly showed her the place where a new bond had formed; their bond. One that would never fade.

?Now we will never truly be apart,? he had said. ?This is my gift to you.?

And there's no mountain too high
    No river too wide
    Storm clouds may gather
    And stars may collide
    But I love you until the end of time

No matter where they were, they would always be connected. A part of her would always be with him, just as a part of him would always be with her.

Padmé snapped out her thoughts as a hand came to rest on her shoulder.

?Good morning Angel,? Anakin whispered in her ear.

Padmé turned around and gazed up into her husband?s clear blue eyes. ?Good morning my love.?

Anakin met her gaze evenly, and for a few moments they remained like that, content just to be together.

Then Anakin le

2. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    I love that song. And that song fic.
    That was really good.. =D= [:D]
    You should write these more often! lol

The movie Moulin Rouge is so sad. Poor Satine. :_|
    But I love the movie because Ewan McGregor.. Is just well.. really good at crying? lol but great fic. I love P/A stuff. Makes me want some hot chocolate and a warm fire.. and a boyfriend. haha.

aden

3. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    aden- I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for reading! :) And I must say, one of the reasons I loved Moulin Rouge was because of Ewan. In fact when I was writing this I kept having to tell myself that I was writing Padme and Anakin and not Padme and Obi-Wan.

So.....where are the other readers???

UP!!!!!

4. aden

Nov 30, 2005
    lol. Don't worry. They will show soon enough. [face_dancing] In the meantime lets party!

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awwww.... Just... Awwwww... [face_love]

What a beautiful song, and such a nice peek into Padme's thoughts. I love the idea that even though they are apart, a piece of them will always be together!

Oh, I'm melting into a puddle! Please tell me you're going to write more of these! I will read every one, I promise! :)

6. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    aden- Now a party sounds like a good idea! :)

VA_Parky- Well I'm glad you liked it!! :) And I have actually written two other songfics, both of which are centered around Luke and Mara: Why Don't you Kiss Her? and Never Had a Dream Come True, which can be found somewhere on the Beyond boards. And I also have two others in the works. One will center around Leia's feelings at then end of ANH, and the other....well I haven't really decided who its gonna be about. It could be A/P, L/M, or even Anakin Solo and his family. I guess you'll have to wait and see. ;)

*puts our gingerbread cookies and eggnog* UP!!!!

7. Card_Dreamer

Card_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2003
    I actually don't know t his song (I'm so out of touch!). But this fic is so wonderful I plan on getting ahold of the song just to hear it! Great job! It's SongFics like this that got me starting.

8. aden

Nov 30, 2005
    :) told u so!~

9. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    Card_Dreamer- I actually don't know t his song (I'm so out of touch!). But this fic is so wonderful I plan on getting ahold of the song just to hear it!

Well that means that I must have done something right!!! :D I'm glad you liked the fic. And the movie, as well as the song, is just beyond awesome. I highly recomend it!

ok people, there's no way I'm letting this fall to page 4!!!

UP!!!!!!!!!

10. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    That was very sweet. Finally had a chance to read it. You did a great job of integrating the song to show Padme's thoughts. It was an excellent choice of song too, because it fits the relationship between Anakin and Padme.

Great job! =D=

11. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    Thanks jmsbndrl!!! :) When I listened to the song a few times, I was like wow, that could work with Anakin and Padme. I'm glad you liked it.

come on people......UP!!!

speaking of missing readers....where has my Padawan gone to??

12. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    *sigh* :(

Up please!!!

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A lovely song and most lovely fic for it as well. :)

14. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    Thanks Healer_Leona, I'm really glad you liked it!!! :)

Here goes another up!!!!!!!!!!

15. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Very nice my Master. I must say whoever beta'd for you was a genius. ;)

I have never heard this song but this is a nice fic of Anakin and Padme. Very well-handled.

Until later My Master! :)

16. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    My thanks Padawan!!!

I must say whoever beta'd for you was a genius. ;)

You know, I have to agree with you on that one! :D So you haven't heard this song....well, I highly recomend Moulin Rouge; it is a great love story!

UP!!!

17. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Lady_Jade...you beat me to it!, i've always loved that song and had always thought of doing a song fic on it! but that was brilliant! I just love that song! (I have the cd...sad i know!)

And stars may collide

I've always thought...don't let Anakin hear that line!...it'ed break his heart!lol[face_laugh]

Cheers_Cazza@};-

18. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    Jedi_Master_Cazz- Well thanks, I'm glad you liked it!!! :) You aren't the only one with the CD.....I have both! [face_blush]

another up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.