main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  2. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Yeah, Jai Courtney hasn't impressed me in anything yet; he seems kinda devoid of personality. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but he has a lot of convincing to do in this role.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's like a dumber Sam Worthington.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some more cast additions, including Storm Shadow. Also, it seems they intend to film the 2 sequels to finish this proposed trilogy back-to-back, pending Genesis's box office performance, which would address the time constraint issues with the Cameron rights reversal.

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    VARRO!!!!!

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Skydance posted this to their FB page today:

"SKYNET preparation routines complete. Initialization sequence complete. Reboot initiating in 03m00s."
    [​IMG]

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Surely Arnie's got to be some sort of Charles-Weyland-in-AvP role in this thing. How the hell is he going to play a T-800 -- unless they go with that very unsettling CGI morph from Salvation?

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They haven't said anything concrete yet but I think they did hint that the outside flesh of a Terminator still grows and ages- so maybe he's playing an 800 that has been active for a very long time?

Though if that's the case, then clearly he hasn't been living the typical Terminator lifestyle- as they tend to get their face cut or melted off within 24 hours of a mission... ;)

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He settled down with a Terminator wife and raised a Terminator family obviously.

10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I watched the original Terminator last night for the first time in many years.

It still seems to me that the terminator infiltrator scene remains one of the greatest in the history of sci fi cinema. I don't think anyone has ever done apocalypse better before or since, and half the time you are seeing some kind of post-apocalyptic image on film it owes something to the atmosphere of the first Terminator.

[​IMG]

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Jabbadabbado - is that because the machine has a plan, the plan goes awry and without saying anything just unleashes a weapon and starts going to town as relentlessly as possible until stopped wordlessly?

And that everyone in the rabbit hole basically immediately springs into action as soon as they hear the dog because they're not idiots?

soitscometothis likes this.
  12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    yes

dp4m likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

The rumored storyline indicates that the Terminator is sent back to when Sarah is a young girl, which would then result in it aging like normal. As noted, the flesh is essentially real in order to fool humans. Reese said that they sweat, smell and bleed like a human. The T-800 in the second film said that the bullet wounds from the T-1000 would heal over time, thus allowing him to pass as human. That kind of damage each one endured towards the end of the films would prevent that much like it would for a normal human being, without serious skin grafts. They might use CGI for the earlier scenes and then have Arnold age normally.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And then the older Terminator can adopt a bad southern accent and make a TV commercial ensuring that the one Austrian executive ends up providing the T-800 voice and ensuring that part of the future comes to pass- timeloop!

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    ^Played by Franco Columbu btw. I don't know what made me think of it today but Arnold did nto take the roll right off. He called Joe Weider at the time and essentially explained it is asome silly scifi movie and Weider said he should just take the role no matter what.

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, at least now we know how Skynet "invented" time travel...

Saintheart and Juliet316 like this.
  18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Tenner says he's the/a T-1000.

Or maybe a T-40..... [face_tee_hee]

19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Tumornat0r: Jenny-Zuss

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently the new title is: "Terminator: Genisys".

Which, for some reason, sits better with me than "Genesis" and is far, far superior to the stupid "Terminator" (no "The") title that was rumored a few weeks ago.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Does 'genesys' mean something that 'genesis' does not?

22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Let's hope it's an in-universe thing, like some kind of Cyberdyne project. It's so EXTREME AND RADICAL!

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it feels "Cyberdyne"-y to me, probably why it bothers me less than "Genesis".

But then again I was totally on the SNES side of the 16-bit Wars so I'm kinda biased...

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, if "Genisys" is not the name of some sort of super-secret human / machine / Skynet type of project, I'll eat this post!

Also, to get spoilery, from what I read on HitFix: apparently Arnold's character is "The Guardian", so maybe that has to do with something. I get the feeling he's a Terminator model that's been locked up into storage for, like, a 100 years or so which is why Arnold looks like Arnold now and he's a failsafe against yet another wacky Skynet time travel plan. The flick apparently bounces around the timeline to events of the original Terminator film as well.

I'm down if the series goes way deep into time paradoxes and maybe even alternate timelines, there is a nifty doozy of a paraodx at the core of the first 2 films, the creation of Skynet, but it never went fully down the rabbit hole. Sarah Connor Chronicles sorta did that but I'd take two hours of time paradoxes and Terminators smacking the bejesus outta each other.

25. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012