main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I agree about T3, that was really my only complaint about the film, that and screwing up his age. As for Arnold, they should just leave him out of it, a cameo is fine, but these movies arent about his character, they are about John Conner leading the resistance to victory. For me the movie should pick up right after Judgment day so we get to see the near extinction that Reese was talking abuot and the crappy 600 series with rubber skin. Then they can end it with Reese and Termionator going back. Just an idea ofcourse. I hope they get Nick Stahl back, going through yet another John Conner would be bad I think.

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    for me i don't really count them as canon. except for the official movie novelizations. all the other ones are almost Alternate scenarios on what happened

3. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Agreed, are we really suppose to consider the Terminator fighting Superman, Robocop and the Lochness monster canon? Maybe that could be the 4th film. ;)

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    he fought superman and loch ness monster? :confused:

5. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I dont know, maybe Im thinking of Aliens and Predator. :)

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i do know about those 2 and terminator. but that sort of thing with the comics and novels would probably best be discussed here ;)

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    But what if I said I heard that Uwe Boll was directing T4 and he is adding the Aliens, Predators and the Easter Bunny? ;)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm pretty sure there was a Superman/Terminator crossover- but I don't think anyone would consider them canon.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    The T-1000 is up in the Villains Tournament in census!

Vote for Him!!!

10. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    The original Terminator is a classic. One of the best action films of the 80's.

There's great performances by its three leads. Michael Biehn is great as tortured time traveler, Kyle Reese. It's also got a scary brutality about it that's lacking from the sequels. Witness the way Arnold goes around eradicating everyone in his path while ripping his eye out in the process.

T2 is a superb followup. There's lots of terrific action sequences and great ILM FX. The FX still look cool even fifteen years down the road. And Robert Patrick is a terrific villain in a menacing, wicked performance. And that ending kicks so much ass!

As for T3.

I enjoyed Nick Stahl and Claire Danes's performances. I also dug a couple of the action sequences but overall the film felt unnecessary. Kristanna Loken, while a beautiful woman, was a bore as the TX. The entire film felt like a rehash of T2. Finally I did not care for the attempts at humour. See Arnold's first appearance in the film: "Talk to da hand".

Still, the film offers some decent entertainment.

Film Ratings:

T1: 9/10
    T2: 10/10
    T3: 6.5/10

11. Xal

Xal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2006
    Even though Terminator 2 was the best, T3 was also very good. I hope T4 ends up being the greatest though. I also hope they get rid of that blasted time-machine. I would also like it to focus on the war against machines. That would be nice.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i've always wanted to see T4 as the movie with the fullblown war between the humans and machines

13. Grillbu_Fett

Grillbu_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2005
    Maybe it is the flashback-character from T1 to T3 that makes those scenes of the war against the machines so terrifying. If you fill a whole movie with that, I'm not sure if you won't get bored. I don't want to paint it black, but I would be careful with this issue.

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. u can't go overkill with the battle scenes but from seeing them in T1,T2, and T3 i've always wanted more to see a full battle take place on screen and not just bits and pieces

15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`d prefer the return of Robert Patrick over Arnie

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i could buy that. but i think you have to have Arnold in it even just for a 1 minute or less cameo. because he is pretty much the poster boy for the terminator series

17. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    They're releasing a double-feature DVD with both the original Terminator and Robocop in June.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/704/704424p1.html

Sounds like a cool set.

18. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    The only thing I liked about T3 was the depiction of the nuclear war at the end. Mindblowing. I liked the way Smallville used the footage, too:p.

19. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I can't believe there's an Ultimate Edition of the original Terminator. T1 is my favourite of the 3. I love the darkness to this and Arnie as a cold killer is perfect. I prefer it over T2 only just though.

Does anyone know how different the Ultimate Version of Terminator is from the Special Edition?

20. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I didn't know there was an ultimate edition.

21. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004

Yeah I just found out today.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/649513/Terminator_Ultimate_Edition/Product.html

22. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    I, for one, loved T3, thought it was a perfect book end to the trilogy. The ending is just touching, the music makes it.

I'm REALLY disappointed that Nick Stahl isn't returning, I thought his acting was great.

23. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    He isn't coming back? That's a pity. I also thought he did a good job.

24. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    Yeah Nick Stahl was a great replacement for the younger John Connor, who must have been considered.

25. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Edawrd Furlong said he would like to do T4. I would like Robert Patrick to return. I think Arnold needs to be in it for atleast a cameo...