main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It it was done well enough, it wouldn't have been cancelled.

Chewgumma and PCCViking like this.
  2. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    When it comes to the Fox Friday Death Slot, quality is not a factor in a show's longevity.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Also, popularity is not necessarily an indicator of quality.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So true on Jai Courtney. He must be great on the casting couch, there is no other explanation.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Him and Taylor Kitsch seem to be in competition for charisma-less leading men with the most opportunities at being a big budget breakout star.

BigAl6ft6 and Diggy like this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Sam Worthington is sad you left him out. Not that he emote it.

9. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    This was a surprisingly good entry into the Terminator franchise. It wasn't great, not T1 or T2 but a huge improvement over T3 and TS.

Jedi Knight Fett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I actually think Worthington is decent- he's not a breakout leading star but he's from the total void of the other two.

11. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    If Sarah hadn't called her Mom in T1 and both her and Kyle hadn't attempted to destroy the Terminator, the T-800 couldn't track them down. Right?

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It would have eventually. At the very least it would never have stopped trying.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I keep reading conflicting reports on if the next two Terminator films are going ahead as planned or not. It bombed here, but it was a huge hit in China, right?

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the overseas gross and China in particular (440 worldwide on a 155 budget, or about a 2.85x multiplier) give the next film(s) hope of being made but last we heard there was going to be some serious retooling efforts to address the problems this one had. But that's not a guarantee more will be made, either.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Right. The Terminator would be systematic and start seeking out other venues to find them. We see this in the other films. The T-1000 started out by going to the Voights house twice. When that failed, it went to find Sarah. After failing there, it went to Enrique's and when that failed, it went looking for Dyson. And from there it tracked them to Cyberdine. The T-X went to find Kate at the office and when it failed to get her, it went to her boyfriend's apartment and then used the police to find her and John. Then when it failed again, it went to find her dad as it knew that would be the most likely place to go. In 1984, the T-800 would seek out other friends and loved ones. Would probably even go to Cyberdine to seek Sarah and Reese.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The T-1000 went after Enrique? I wonder how it tracked them there.

I think the T-800 would, in a worst case scenario, attempt to track surveillance and travel couples within certain parameters- checking low profile motels and such, etc. it could probably go back to Sarah's apartment to analyses what types of food or clothing or cleaning supplies she buys, etc.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  17. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The T-1000 was never shown to have gone after Enrique to my recollection. It would be odd for Skynet to know anything about him, considering the only reason Sarah knows him is because she spent years (presumably) in hiding and training with his kind of characters. The place doesn't exactly look like it has an address.

When John orders Arnold to help prevent Sarah from killing Dyson, Arnold warns John that going to Dyson is dangerous. One has to assume that he meant that as contrasted to where they already were.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    T-1000 v Enrique, Dawn of Justice was a thing, dunno if it was ever shot but it was in the script at one point, I do remember reading it. Probably would have been in the novelization, I'd wager. Guess who won.

Edit:

Ah! here it is! storyboards and scripts, wowzers!

Salceda's Death scene from 9/10/90 draft was scheduled but never filmed due to both scheduling and cost considerations; scheduled for the first week of principal photography, the scene would have involved a great number of mechanical makeup and pyrotechnic effects, not to mention a fair number of complicated visual effects plates for computer graphics shots. Since its only narrative purpose was to show how the T-1000 follows them to Dyson's house and a number of the T-1000 gags in the scene were reprised more effectively elsewhere, it was deemed redundant to the plot and unnecessarily complicated for the first week of shooting.

http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/deletedscenes/t2omit14.html

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Huh, that's interesting. That action sequence was probably meant to help lift up the pacing lull in the middle of the film between the hospital escape & the attack in Dyson/Cyberdyne.

20. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I wonder what it would have done, if there weren't any traces and no friends and relatives that it could use to draw them out!

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

The Terminator would probably start heading south and start going from town to town searching for her, after obtaining or drawing a picture of her to help in it's quest to find Sarah. It would calculate that Mexico would be the best option, rather than across the US. Which was roughly the same reason Sarah decided to go there in the first place.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He might have been able to obtain Intel on groups like Enrique's that fit the profile and started tracking possible leads that way.

Circulating Sarah's photo would have been another option- make the police work for him.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, the Mexican police wouldn't have a photo of the T-800 so they wouldn't think twice about it searching for Sarah and Reese.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Next year we get to confuse T2-3D with T2 3D.

Rather happy to hear about this- T2 being one of the most important movies to me and having not seen it in theaters (first time was on VHS).

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Caliban like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    oh man, T2 in theatres? Hot damn!!

The 3D conversion of Titanic was great and Cameron oversaw, like, every shot so I expect this to be really great as well. And the movie already looks fantastic anyway.