main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Which Sarah Connor actress will play Game of Thrones this time?

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anybody get a chance to see the 3D T2 release? I thought it was grand. Well, of course it was, it's Terminator 2: Judgement Day. But Cameron supervised the 3D process and it looks great (which is why it took a year past the 25th anniversary to get it right) Even if you don't dig on 3D, just seeing it in theatres is amazing. It's the theatrical cut, not the special extended version, which I hadn't seen in awhile. I do end up missing those extra bits but that's just cuz I'm a Terminator nerd.

This is a good interview with Cameron being asked fan questions. Someone throws a time-travel logic question at him which people seem to get into but he brushes it off saying that his Terminator movies really aren't about time travel but more just the setup

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I would watch a Terminator movie about Missandei.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I think the theatrical cut flows better. The added scenes of the extended version are a nice novelty, but not really needed IMO.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the added scenes of John and the T-800 talking about the nature of humanity and the value of life really enhance the core theme of the film, while the chip reset scene feels less brushed-over and makes more sense in terms of Skynet's control over its forces.

Lastly, the T-1000 glitches, besides looking really cool, add to the double-Sarah moment.

The smile scene is unneeded, though- and removing the Reese sequence makes the film stand alone better (so one could watch T2 first).

The extra hospital moments I'm indifferent to- they either justify her level of aggression or or make her seem more unstable depending on if they're included or not.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Come with me if you want to love.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually, nope, no more Game of Thrones vets as Sarah. The one and only Sarah Connor, Linda Hamilton, is returning

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/linda-hamilton-set-return-terminator-franchise-1040948

I hope Hamilton gets to to Crazy Sarah again. I really dig Crazy Sarah.

Also Cameron let out a TIDBIT of information that may hint towards the story. Tidbit!

"We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story," Cameron said. "We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters but we'll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it."

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Linda Hamilton returning was the one piece of news that could make even a little bit interested in this, so - awesome.
    The Terminator and T2 are two of my favorite movies of all time, but T3 and T4 were just terrible. I never bothered with the fifth one. I might just give this one a chance.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm starting get a strong The Force Awakens vibe here. After a string of less than universally loved entries, the old gang are brought back to "anchor" the start of a new trilogy (I'm assuming this is meant to be a trilogy) w/a young female as the new lead. To extrapolate this dubious comparison a bit further, I could see Sarah Conner being the Luke Skywalker here; i.e. the legendary hero our new character(s) is searching for. That makes Arnold the de facto Han Solo.

I personally think the Terminator saga should've ended @ T2, but w/Cameron back overseeing things I have hopes this can at least exceed the last three installments (a low bar IMO).

Jedi Daniel and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That's great to hear mainly because Linda Hamilton was not doing very well for a while there.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm pretty stoked that Linda Hamilton is coming back as Sarah Connor. I coincidentally bought a Linda Hamilton/Sarah Connor action figure the other day.

I think The Force Awakens is the best approach to "reboot" this franchise, especially with all the poor follow up films after T2. I mean, if they continued the franchise with the aftermath of Genisys, no one would really be interested. Bringing back Hamilton is continuing the trend of Hollywood capitalizing on nostalgia. And it works. I'm now interested in the Terminator franchise again.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Judging by recent interviews with Cameron for the re-release of T2 in 3D, Arnold will likely play a human character in this one.

Luke02 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, IIRC, Arnold will be the "real life" inspiration for the T-800 model.

Luke02 likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh so he's playing that deleted scenes guy from T3? Be careful what you wish for.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think anyone is wishing for it, but that's the rumored plan.

I'm really liking the steps being taken with the next film, with the hiring of Deadpool director Tim Miller and now the casting of Linda Hamilton.

17. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Would be funny if Arnold was this paranoid fugitive who had to live in hiding since 1984/94 (T2 is supposed to be taking place in 94/95, I take it, because if it took place at the year of its release, John would have to be only 6 years old in it.) because some dude with his face was going around terrorising LA.

BigAl6ft6 and soitscometothis like this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The T2 Infiltrator series did have (in the backstory) a character quietly investigated a little because of the Terminator's actions. Their alibis were sound enough (they were a counter-terrorism expert, and they were actually with their boss at the time of one of the shootings) that it didn't affect their life.

A point was made of how the manhunt for the villain of The Terminator was one of the biggest of the century (one guy shooting over a dozen cops in one night tends to result in this)

The fact that, the second time round a bunch of cops had been shot nonlethally in the legs (very difficult to do) also raised flags.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, T2 was set in 1995.

[​IMG]

T3 screwed the pooch when dealing with the timeline of events (among so many other things).

20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The2ndQuest

Yeah T3 other then the ending which I thought was really cool, was pretty awful. I love it was a female terminator but in the end, that movie was pretty horrific. I thought Terminator Salvation was a good concept and had some cool scenes in it but just got McG'd for a lack of better word.

They had no choice really to clean up the mess from T3-T5. It was brutal. I am actually really excited about it. Just I worry that the new T3 is supposed to be the first in a few trilogy. That makes me a bit skittish. I just wish they make this new one and that be it.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, they have described their writer's room efforts with these movies as making sure they function as standalones that could connect as a series if the second and third ones are made. Much like how you don't need to watch T1 to watch T2.

22. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Yeah, the eagerness for franchising this into a new trilogy rubs me the wrong way too. Does Cameron worry he won't be making enough bulldozer scoops of cash from his 27 planned Avatar sequels?

T2's ambiguous ending is already quite a perfect wrap-up. Whether you subscribe to the happy ending interpretation that they managed to prevent judgement day or you prefer the causal loop, it works either way. If he's going to undo that neat wrap-up, it better be for something that is worth it, and a new trilogy does not strike me as that something.

I guess we'll always have 1 and 2 to fall back on.

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    James Cameron is much too busy not finishing his Untitled Avatar Sequel Project movie to have any time for the Untitled Terminator Reboot Project movie.

I'd like to see a movie about Linda Hamilton being sent back in time to encourage herself to divorce James Cameron before Titanic gets made, preventing that movie from ever going into production. Instead, The Phantom Menace becomes the most successful movie in history, ensuring that prequel fans become so insufferable that the JC is forced by outside agitators to disband after Hayden Christensen wins the Academy Award for his riveting performance in Revenge of the Sith.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Master Sargent Candy lives!

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The2ndQuest likes this.