main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    But Patrick looks so old, how could it possibly work?

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I think it'd be cool to have Robert Patrick/T-1000 as a good terminator. it'd be an interesting way to go

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Lena Headey The New "Sarah Connor"

Lena Headey ("The Brothers Grimm", "The Cave") has landed the title role in the Fox pilot "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" reports Empire Online.

The showcontinues the "Terminator" movie franchise storyline by focusing on Sarah and her 15-year-old son John, as they fight attackers from the future in present-day Los Angeles.

Headey takes over the role made famous by Linda Hamilton in the first two "Terminator" films. Josh Friedman will write and David Nutter is set to direct the pilot.

4. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I only want to see more Terminator if it's set in a future war scenario. I don't want to see any more Terminators travelling back in time, it's been done to death.

5. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Yeah I'd love to see the Future War, but this show just seems to be going over the same territory as the others.

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    T4 will show the future war

7. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30910

John Connor has been cast, one of the guys from Heroes. Apparently, the show is going forward. I'm interested, but definately skeptical.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm going to remain skeptical up until this show starts. if they wanted a good story they'd go with the post - T2 novels T2: Infiltrator and so on. eventually though they'd need to bring Arnold in as doubtful as it is bc his character eventually shows up in the story

9. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The showcontinues the "Terminator" movie franchise storyline by focusing on Sarah and her 15-year-old son John, as they fight attackers from the future in present-day Los Angeles.

Man, will Sarah and John ever get a break?

Note to franchise: you are running out of times to send assasins back into.

10. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, I don't want anymore time travel. I'd prefer the show to start off with John Connor in the mountain base from T3 and go from there. He could emerge, start to gather up supplies and survivors, and warn them about what's in store for them. Eventually, the show could introduce the machines, show how Skynet manufactures them, depict life in the Flesh Farms, and go all the way up to where the humans capture the time displacement device, etc. And it wouldn't have to be such a depressing show. I'm sure Man begins to rebuild after Kyle is sent back and Skynet is destroyed.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i think that sort of thing is better sorted for the movies. but then again it could work on the tv as well i guess. i want the 4th movie to end with them sending kyle and the 1st terminator back through the time displacement chamber

12. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I hope they show a lot of of the future war and even keep it personal. Like follow a group of resistance fighters in the future and their adventure and any ramifactation Sarah's and John's actions have on them. Like, they could show John walking down the street of a nice ritzy street, then have it pan into a future version where everything is burning and decayed but keep the same anle and shot and show the resistance fighters going down the street.

Doubtful, but I can hope.

13. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    only he looks really, really old now

I'm skeptical at any continuation - much as I was with Aliens vs Predator, that if you just simply extend a concept, you might ruin the back story.

I'm sure they will be cool SFX, and loads of robots, but T3 was a let down compared to T2 which was an awesome movie.

14. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    i liked T3 more than T2.

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005

:eek: Blaspemy!

are you trying to give us a heart attack KW? i have enough w/ final exams this week and then you go and say this! :p

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    i liked the minimalism and leanness of T3, and its bleaker tone.

the highway chase scene was also excellent.

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    if anything i thought T3 was too short

18. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    T3 would have been good if it hard started right when it ended, but all in all, it's not as bad as I remember. I just didn't like the TX. T-1000 was immensely superior despite how crude he was compared to her. He was scarier, too.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    it would've been cool if they just brought the T-1000 back. the T-X or whatever it is just seemed a bad rehash of both terminators

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Apparently, River from Firefly will be a female terminator:

Headey Reveals Connor Chronicles

Lena Headey, who stars in the the Fox SF drama pilot The Sarah Connor Chronicles, told SCI FI Wire that the show will begin with a confrontation between Headey's title character; her son, John Connor (Heroes' Thomas Dekker); and two new Terminators: a female model, played by Serenity's Summer Glau, and a male one, which she called Cromartie, played by Owain Yeoman. One is good and one is bad; she didn't say which is which. (Glau's character is named Cameron, an apparent nod to Terminator franchise creator James Cameron.)

The pilot, which picks up the story from the end of the feature film Terminator 2: Judgment Day, begins in the desert, and "it ends with them landing in L.A., having run and escaped. Or maybe not," Headey said in an interview at WonderCon in San Francisco on March 3.

"We just finished [shooting]," Headey (300) said. "We were in Albuquerque [N.M.] for a month. And it was very intense, because TV is crazy. I mean, it's long days. It's like boom, boom, boom. You don't get any respite. But ... I think it's going to be great. I don't know if its going to be picked up, because it's only in pilot stage right now. But I learned to shoot many weapons and how to recognize a Terminator. So it was a good experience."

The pilot "begins, and it's them basically running, hiding, trying to live," Headey said. "Trying to carve out a normal life for themselves, but always being watched and trying to locate Skynet, trying to stop [it]. But there are many, many issues in their way." ?Patrick Lee, News Editor
    ~SciFiWire

21. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I agree. T3 brought back the excitement and darkness of the original Terminator. I love T2 as well, and I couldn't really say which is my favourite. All three are equally good.

22. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I just watched T3 again yesterday, and the movie implied that he hasn't been attacked by another Terminator since T2. So they must be ignoring that part of the story

23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    No wonder the humans got to the time machines, ever damn Terminator in the base was being sent back into time.

24. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003

T3 pretty much threw off the entire timeline by about three years, so I wouldn't be surprised if the show is partly a retcon. I hope so, anyway, as to me the movie flows much better if John is 19 instead of 23.

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    when is the pilot and series expected to air?