main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Lol @ people trying to decipher plot points and 'whats going on' from a trailer that is nearly all static and jump-cuts

Good teaser, has me interested. Mainly Bale and the music that hooked me though.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Taken from an editing perspective, it's a logical arrangement of the pieces we've seen (and, since they've only started shooting relatively recently, it would make sense that the majority of the footage they have available to use in the trailer only comes from 2 or 3 sequences at most).

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    [image=http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc255/zappbrannigan13/TerminatorSalvation-teaser.jpg]

It's like robo-Skeletor. Should be entertaining as hell.

According to IMDB, this guy is playing the T-800. He played Arnold in See Arnold Run, and funnily enough, was Mr. Austria.

Maybe Nick Nolte could join the new Terminator trilogy, so it could be called..."Terminator: Extreme Prejudice."

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    His last name is Kickinger, and is an Arnold clone? Acceptable.

5. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    If Dr. Henry Killinger were to show up somewhere in this film too, I think I could probably live with that.

The "Black Magic Murder-Bag" versus killer cyborgs from the future?

Epic Win.

6. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    There's a new article up which suggests that the film still might end up with an "R"-rating, as well as stating that James Cameron "had a hand in the film," as well planting the insinuation that Arnold might cameo somewhere in the flick.

Then again, this could simply be a cheeky reference to the Kickinger T-800 model being in the movie.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    All the news from the comic-con panel is sounding pretty solid- most especially the film being dedicated to Stan Winston and Stan himself getting a cameo in the film. That's awesomely appropriate.

More details in this AICN article, but some highlights:

-McG has spoken to both Cameron and Arnold about the film.

-Set 10 years before the T-800, showing the earlier phase of the war

-Sam Worthington: ?We?re making a gritty and real terminator. It?s not for pansies. We?re making the terminator, you know?? ?I?m trying to protect the mythology of the first two movies. I wouldn?t have signed on if they hadn?t. I love Jim?s films and Jim himself.?

-Skynet robots are supposedly "designed like Scott?s and Cameron?s Aliens universe"

-Approaching it like Nolan did Batman Begins. In fact, Jonathan Nolan is has a writing credit on the film.

-T-600s are compared to the original Macs, as opposed to the more familiar endoskeletons being like the Macbook Air. The 600's are supposed to be big, bulky and weather. They used soviet tanks as an inspiration.

-Bryce is Kate Connor

And description of the footage screened:

The footage played very light? in that the aesthetic isn?t dark like in the flashbacks. This takes place a full 10 years before what we glimpse in T1 and T2 and the machines are in their early stages.

The first shot was a high shot, looking down at a crashed chopper, with Bale lying on the ground. He sits up, sees the T-600 crushed under the chopper (we later see him aim his gun down, like the still that was released, and put a single bullet in the head as the lights go out in its eyes) and try to raise someone on a CB. He gets someone and is asked ?How many survivors?? ?One,? he responds. ?Repeat?? Then he says it sharper, louder: ?One!?

He steps over a dead endoskeleton and walks into the deserty sunset.

We?re introduced to Worthington, who seems like a good guy, but there?s a later scene with him chained up and Bale looking him in the eye saying ?You killed my father, you tried to kill my mother and you?re not going to kill me.? Maybe I?m not up on what?s current with the flick, but is Worthington a terminator?

Worthington sees a human shape in what looks like a broken down garden and calls out. It, of course, is a T-600 and shoots at him with machine guns attached underneath its arms. Worthington is tackled before he?s hit and Anton Yelchin sits up and says, ?Come with me if you want to live,? with a smile.

By the way, there was a couple of interesting glimpses: One, a shadowed T-600 overlooking a pen filled with humans, like a concentration camp and the other was a closer look at a T-600 with his face looking skull-like... not metal endo-skeleton skull, but human skull... kinda like the original Giger alien. Maybe that was a trick of the light, but something was different... maybe it was just some of the "fake rubbery skin" that the early Terminators are supposed to have that I'm mistaking for a skull.

Then we got a lot of Road Warrior-ish chase scenes through a desert landscape, broken down cars? being chased by something we don?t see. The truck the humans use is a reinforced tow truck.

There?s a voice-over from, I assume, Bryce Dallas Howard, where she says ?If you saved us once in another future you can save us in this one.?

One of the last shots was John Conner pinned to the ground, a close up as he screams out ?YOU SON OF A BITCH!? and a Terminator hand comes into frame, looking like it?s going to touch his cheek. They cut to profile as it drags down his face as he screams. Is this the origin of the scar?

8. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Paul Haggis and Jonah Nolan doing the rewrites?

Sounds like they're trying to actually sweat the script on this one. My interest just went up another notch.

9. The_Smirking_Revenge

The_Smirking_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2008
    Ok, now I'm actually getting hyped up for this one. This is all good news so far.

-T_S_R

10. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
  11. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    It is a false alarm. The site has updated saying so.

12. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Flashbacks wouldn't be so improbable, but we all know Sarah Connor dies at a young age. The Sarah Connor Chronicles is dealing with this plot line already in the series.

13. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Not those of us who choose to ignore that Terminator 3 ever happened.;)

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Arnold May Be Involved in Salvation

Apparently, the rumor is that Kickinger will play the T-800 role, but they'll digitally map Arnold's face over his (ala stuntwork in Jurassic Park, Titanic, AOTC & ROTS) and ADR Arnold's voice in later.

[image=http://latinoreview.com/images/user/balearnoldMTX_450x350.jpg]

15. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Am I the only one that thinks that sounds like it could go horribly awry? :p

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It has been done pretty effectively- so long as they avoid the "Big Headed Dooku" syndrome that were in a couple shots in AOTC. If they can do it for an old man dueling, i think they can do it for a character that's mostly walking or appearing stoic or quietly menacing.

17. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    The face imprinting can work, yes. Its the dubbing I am worried about.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Supposedly that pic is evidence that Arnold has made set visits to provide ADR keys. Even if not the case, since his face will be digital, I don't see how synching the audio will be any trouble.

19. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Synching audio to a digital face is continually a problem for even the most seasoned effects houses. I can't recall that last time I saw it done convincingly.

20. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Some updates.

I don't know if this is 100% legitimate, but worth a look at least.

Terminator Salvation Concept Art

21. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
  22. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Looks promising.

23. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Very. What excites me is the possibility of finally doing John's character justice. In T2, T3, and SCC he's always playing second fiddle to someone else; it will be interesting to see him as the driving force of the script.

24. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
  25. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    It actually had the opposite effect for me.

It wasn't the first time apparently that this amateur (DP) made this mistake.