Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    How does the Director of Photography, who is supposed to be behind the camera, walk onto the set and ruin a shot? Unless this DoP is a gigantic Dope, in which case he should be fired.
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I don't doubt that the DP was in the wrong. I have no problem with Bale being angry. But there's a big difference between being angry at someone for screwing up your work and flying off the cuff. If someone messed up my work in the same way twice, I'd be pissed off, too. But being angry is no excuse for completely blowing your lid like that in a professional setting (or, well, anywhere). I don't care how talented he is (I've never much cared for his acting anyway, but that's another discussion), I don't care how badly the guy screwed up: Bale was flat-out in the wrong here. If you can't control your temper better than that, even after a hard day of work, there's a big problem. (Didn't Bale also assault some of his family members a few months ago?) I don't need everyone to be nice and happy all the time, but I also have no interest in working with anyone who's going to get verbally (and perhaps physically) abusive when he gets tired and ticked off.
  3. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
  4. DAR Force Ghost

star 4
    <<<<<<Adding Do Not Anger Christian Bale to list.
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Family Guy "improved" the audio in their latest episode. [face_laugh]
  6. Radical_Edward Jedi Knight

star 3
    Haha, they reprinted that page with the spoiler removed from the title image. Not that it was much of a spoiler that was there to begin with, but still... kinda funny to see it taken out after all the outrage on their comment board.
  7. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I can say offically this film looks great

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/terminator-salvation.html?showVideo=1
  8. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Trailers aren't doing much for me, sorry. Bale still is not a convincing actor to me. I do not understand why everyone seems to love him so.
  9. Veloz Force Ghost

star 6
    That trailer looks cool :)
  10. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That new trailer just increases my anticipation for the movie :D
  11. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So far I've liked every trailer and every peice of art work and every thing I've read about the movie but theres just one little thing that worries me. The rumor about John Conner dying and having his skin placed over the Marcus terminator to carry on the legacy of John Connor. I know it was sort of debunked as just being part of an early draft but in the back of my mind I still worry about that. I prey its not true

Also I have a feeling the part in the trailer of John talking into the radio mike is the end of the film!

EDIT-Masking the spoilers in case that's true- but god, I hope not...
  12. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    After reading the Novel of the film I can confirm that John Connor isn't killed in the film and his isn't skin placed over Marcus Wright
  13. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Care to dish out how Arnold's Terminator is involved in the film and any other details? :D
  14. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've not read through the book properly only skimmed through but I have found the part were the T 101 comes into play. Its towards the end and John is frantically searching through one of skynets concentration camps looking for Kyle Reece and he comes across a cell with a lone person in the fetal postion, the person stands up and its the Arnie model terminator. If they do nail this scene with the CGI Arnold will only be in the film for a matter of minuites as John Connor takes a flame thrower to him melting the skin the endo.

I will say I loved what I've read so far, theres one thing that I think is amazing that I've read and its been seen in the Traillers. John does a radio broadcast trying to reach as many surviours of judgement day as he can, the speach he gives while on air is brilliant and I've no doubt Bale will nail this role. As for me just from skimming through I can totally see how Kyle "Would die for John Conner"
  15. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    Coming into this a little late I know... but I just picked up the prequel to salvation by Timothy Zahn. Anyone else love this?

In terms of the location, all I could think of was the wasteland in Fallout 3!
  16. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm getting more excited for this film everyday. Every new clip I see on TV looks brilliant.
  17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Caught a midnight showing- overall, it's an entertaining action flick (with some awesome sequences- that one-take scene in particular), much better than T3, but lacks the soul of T1, T2 and TSCC- the whole human heart thing could have been developed better as a theme- as it is now it's sorta tacked-on. I also felt the opening scene was unnecessary (as classic as the awesome "Now I know what death tastes like." snub line is).

Still, the actors do a pretty good job here in their roles, though many of them feel like their parts got cut down heavily in the editing room (Bryce and Common in particular- and I know there's gotta be at least one deleted scene between the rain and rape scenes). It also got a little irritating that 80% of Kyle's dialogue seemed to be recycled T1 lines (not that I didn't expect some reused lines- you expect "come with me if you want live", "get out", "get down" "i'll be back", etc). The two cameos were nice touches also.

Musically, the score uses almost all the major Terminator themes (which already elevates it 30 times above T3) and even has a T1 credits-sequence homage. Also using You Could Be Mine (during a motocycle scene, no less was supremely awesome.

I get the impression that, with 6-10 minutes of character material to flesh out the human theme and the supporting characters, this could have been a lot closer in quality to the first two films, but, for now, will have to occupy the huge gap between the first two movies and the third, several paces behind the TV show (though the movie obviously outclasses the show's action quota).
  18. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Cross-post from the SCC thread-

I haven't followed the series, but recently I browsed through a companion book for the new movie, and I noticed something:

[image=http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/terminator_salvation_moon_bloodgood_still1.jpg]
    Moon Bloodgood as Blair Williams

[image=http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/terminator_bts.jpg]
    Summer Glau as Cameron

[face_thinking]
  19. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Should be seeing the film later tonight after work. I'm looking forward to it especially the Linda Hamilton voiceover and Arnold cameo even if they are very brief.
  20. gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw it today, it was ok, not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but nowhere near as good as T1 or T2, but about equal with the last one. Yelchin was the best thing about the movie:
    Bale was just in Batman mode during the film, Worthington was ok, but nothing special, would of liked to see more Bryce Dallas Howard, the kid was just a Newt ripoff.

Also: the soundtrack sucked royally, what happened to Danny Elfman, he used to do great, if not decent scores. Michael Ironside was wasted in this film as well, I'd much rather have scenes with him than than Common, or whatever is name is.

and the show is 10 times better than this film.

Actually: Arnold's cameo was brief, but was actually pretty good: And Hamilton's was brief too, but was used to good effect.

21. Jek_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Guess what, guys? Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Dune, Terminator, and the Wheel of Time all take place in the same universe.

Here's how.

The Start:

BSG:
    The battle between Humans and Machines is a cycle that repeats itself over and over again in time.
    At the end of the series, the Humans land on our Earth and choose to forsake all technology. This is 150,000 before our present. Eventually humans rise in technology and create a sentient machine.

Terminator:
    The entire Machine War is just another repetition of the BSG Cycle.

John Connor leads the Resistance to victory over Skynet. However, the decades of radiation-induced genetic drift leads to humans developing the ability to access the One Power.

Wheel of Time:
    Time exists as seven Ages. In each Age a specific set of events always occur, even if other details vary. There are certain people, souls, who always appear to drive these events. One of these is basically the Messiah who comes about whenever humanity is in dire need, and usually heralds the end of an Age- this soul is known as the Dragon.

The First Age, our age, is implied to have ended in brutal warfare (the Machine War). John Connor was the Dragon for the First Age, and saved the human race while ushering in the Second Age.

Star Wars:
    We know from Terminator Salvation that there are humans who don?t believe the Resistance can defeat Skynet. A group of these people conspire to go back in time in order to escape the machines. They succeed, but mess up the space-time coordinates and end up on the planet that eventually becomes Coruscant.

Dune:
    During the Yuuzhan Vong War, a group of humans flees the galaxy. They end up in another galaxy utterly devoid of sentient life. They eventually build sentient machines. These machines enslave humanity (another repetition of the BSG Cycle). The humans rise up and annihilate the machines in a two-generation galactic war called the Butlerian Jihad. This causes the humans to forsake all powerful computers- including ones that could calculate FTL jumps. This leads to the Dune universe relying on spice that allows them to go faster-than-light.

Back to the Start:
    There are two ways to end up back at BSG, one from Star Wars and one from Dune

Star Wars Path:
    Sometime in the millennia after the Yuuzhan Vong War, some great cataclysm utterly devastates the galaxy beyond all repair. Survivors flee to another galaxy and settle on a large habitable world. They call this world Kobol and the Thirteen Lords of it are the last members of the Jedi Order or other Force-using faction.

Dune Path:
    During the Butlerian Jihad, some humans flee the galaxy and end up on a planet called Kobol. It?s Thirteen Lords are the last Spacing Guild Navigators.
  22. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    [image=http://teddziuba.com/2008/08/16/revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg]

NERDS!!!!!!!

:p
  23. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    So I didn't expect much out of the movie but I found myself really enjoying it. Bale was totally in Batman Mode the whole movie which was a little annoying at times but I lived with it. It was a bit confusing figuring out just what his rank was in the beginning, too.

Marcus was okay, but I think Kyle Reese was for sure the best part of this movie. That character is really one of the keys to the whole story, I mean there would be no John Connor without him so I'm really looking forward to his character development.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Jedi-Anakin-Solo/future-john-connor-terminat.jpg]

I really like how they game John his scar. Didn't expect a nice little tie-in like that. The final fight with the T-800 had so many parts that were reminiscent of the first movie, too.
  24. gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    another thing: the characters with the possible exception of Anton Yelchin were just plain boring, I couldn't care less what happens to them, which is why the action scenes, minus the skynet scene at the end were just bland,even the action scenes in T3 were 10 betters. But then again, what do you expect from the writers who wrote Catwoman?

I'm glad I saw it in the theater, but once is enough for me, if MCG directs a sequel to this movie, forget it, I'm out.
  25. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I these are the same writers as T3 also.