main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comedy Store ROTS event for Comic Relief

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by johnny124, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny124

johnny124 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Mon 09th May
    Star Wars - Comic Relief Benefit - £15

Special comedy night featuring top stand-ups and exclusive footage from the forthcoming summer blockbuster Revenge of the Sith shown on the big screens. Line up Lee Mack, Terry Alderton, Hattie Hayridge (Red Dwarf), Scott Capurro, Joe Cornish (Adam and Joe Show) Mitch Benn, John Fothergill, Paul Thorne, Andre Vincent.
    Proceeds of tonight's show go to Comic Relief.
    'Comic Relief, registered charity 326568' At least 50% of the sale proceeds from tickets will go to help some of the very poorest and most vulnerable people here in the UK and in Africa. Thank you.

Details of comedians here:

http://www.thecomedystore.biz/

I'd go but its a bit too far for me!

2. Kaskader

Kaskader Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I booked a ticket for the show yesterday! I haven't been to the Comedy Store before so I don't think I could find a better chance and I didn't want to miss the chance to see some footage of Episode III one week before the Main Event in Leicester Square!

3. zoidy

zoidy Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Hi all,

Hope those that went to the Comedy Store event last night enjoyed it as much as I did. There were a couple of low points (the gay American being one!) but it was great to see Kenny Baker there :)

Did anyone get the name and contact details of the professional photographer? He took a picture of me in a compromising position with a Stormtrooper whilst in the queue outside! I'd like a copy!

Cheers,
    Pete.

4. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    i didnt go myself but "the gay american one" did the voice for one of the heads of the pod race announcers(the one that isnt greg proops!) shame the low point was the one who was actually in any of the movies then! what were the giveways and footage shown etc?

5. zoidy

zoidy Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Hi,

There were posters (Ep. III) and plastic face masks (Clone Trooper, Darth Maul, I think there were one or two Darth Vaders) for most people - they were on seats as people arrived. Oh and there were also some Leia wigs which a couple of unfortunate gents in the front row decided to wear. Needless to say they were picked on by all stand up comics for the whole show!

The extra stuff from the film we were shown was a new extended trailer, and also some as yet unseen (to those that haven't seen the film) footage. The unseen clips were quite short but the trailer was great.

It was gutting though to find that Hattie Hayridge (Holly from Red Dwarf) was only on for less that 5 minutes.

Cheers,
    Pete.

6. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    The american guy was alright- my girlfriend thought he was great, as he was the first truly offensive comedian she had seen for ages.

I didn't see what was "extended" about the trailer though...

There was also a brief appearance by Kenny Baker, and a few free posters around too. (The kind of posters you stick on your wall, as opposed to the kind of posters you argue with on TFN...) Unfortunately, most of them were the one of Anakin with Vader's image in his cloak, which is probably the only Star Wars poster I wouldn't put on my wall.

A good night all in all- especially the second half. Well worth the fee, and nice to see the stormtrooper "security" around the place too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.