main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comfort Inn & Suites - Official Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand Moff Joker, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Well, I've seen a couple of other threads for different hotels, so I thought I might as well start my own. This thread will be a spot for people planning on staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites a couple of blocks from the convention center to "check in" and meet others who will also be there.

I'll be there with my "Invasion: Indianapolis" group, who originally got together for "Destination: Denver" for the last Celebration. We have six suites reserved, and it looks like our group will be about 20 - 25 people. We'll have people coming from Fort Worth, Dallas, Nashville, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, San Diego, San Jose, Oklahoma, Maine, Alabama, Ohio... and more! Our group will start arriving on Wednesday, May 1 and are planning on staying in Indy until Monday morning, May 6.

I imagine we'll be doing a lot of "hotel hopping" as we link up with our related FanForce groups and for other events, so let us know if you're staying at the Comfort Suites and want to join the fun!

2. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    Looks like the Comfort Inn is where all the high ranking Imperial Officers stay.

What decided me was the King Suite. Just love king beds.

3. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I will be staying at this hotel too! Hope you can cope with The Empire Strikes Back End Title blasting at 1:45am.

Hehe...

4. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I will be a part of Moff's "Invasion" Group. Looking forward to it being filled with Star Wars Fans in every room. This is going to be a great time...I can feel it!

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I will be staying there as well. Does anyone know if this hotel has a place to...quench my thirst?? ;)

6. DarthMaul84

DarthMaul84 Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2001
    I will be in Moff's group as well. I never went to the Denver Celebration, so I don't quit know what to expect, but I know it will probably be the most enjoyable 3 days of my life!

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Darnit, someone go to Days Inn. :mad:

8. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I'll be staying here with some other Texans that I'll be meeting down there.

Probably arriving sometime Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday evening.

9. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Thanks to procrastination, I'll probably be staying at the fabulous Alleyway Motel.

If you want to contact me, just stop by. I'll be the Jedi sleeping under the cardboard box. ;)

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I am also in the Moff's group. Looks like a party is brewing.

11. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Good. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...

Looks like the Comfort Suites is going to be stacked with Imperials. I feel so sorry for the people who will be staying in the hotel that weekend who aren't there for the Celebration. They're not going to know what to make of all the Stormtroopers, Fetts, Sith Lords, lightsabers, and the rest of it.

12. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Hmm, I'll have to let my group know.

We got our rooms a couple of blocks away in the event that we need a power nap/quick recharge and would need some quiet. Ehh, I'm sure it all depends on where we are in the hotel I suppose... :)

13. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Huntress, I didn't mean that my group would be the Stormtroopers, Sith Lords, etc. of the hotel, or that my group would be loud or anything. I'm just assuming that with as many Star Wars fans staying at the hotel, the non-fans who are also staying there are going to see and hear some pretty interesting stuff.

Imagine a businessman staying there for a conference... totally oblivious of the Celebration. He wakes up in the morning hearing the Imperial March off in the distance. He later walks out of his room and sees a guy dressed like Darth Maul casually walking down the hallway. In the lobby are a bunch of people in plain clothes dueling with lightsabers. In the parking lot is a squad of Stormtroopers marching in battle formation.

People staying in town for reasons other than the Celebration have no idea what's in store for them.

14. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    *gets a funny picture in his head of somebody's lightsaber getting confiscated by airport security*

15. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    Anyone remember that commercial for Jedi Power Battles, with the guy in the airport with Obi-Wan;s lightsaber? LOL

16. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    LOL @ TDH

I had forgotten all about that commercial!

Seriously, though... you know that's going to be happening for real all over the country. No way with that many fans flying into Indy - bringing all sorts of stuff with them - is there not going to be some kind of confusion somewhere along the way.

17. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    LoL. I was really hoping to avoid having to put my stuff through baggage.

Oh well.

I'll be staying at a Comfort Inn, but it's five miles from the place.

Anyone want to give me a ride so I can avoid cab fare? [Ben Stein Voice]Anyone? Anyone?[/Ben Stein Voice]

;)

18. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Trem is up and running. Ready to make this the Celebration to end all Dental Assistants of America Conferences. Um, rather, this will be the MOTHER OF ALL CONVENTIONS! Yeah, that sounds better. Got the snore-o-matic ready and am reserving a spot in my video archives for more home videos as we speak.

19. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    No worries GM Joker. :)

Me and my roomies have been to con's before...we know how loud and bizarre things can get. ;)

As for the poor non-Con person, I ran into a business guy when I was at Dragon*Con in Sept...and he asked questions, smiled, laughed and then went into his room. hehe He never knew what hit him. hehe :D

20. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Can't be as bad as we were in Denver. Sadly a group of pilots were on the same floor as we were (most likely one of them was the poor sap flying me home in the wee hours of the next morning). I forget how many times we were told to keep it down. And it probably didn't help that we were goofing off in the hall just about the whole time.

21. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Yeah, what's the deal with that? It's discrimination, I tell you! When Imperials can't run about swinging lightsabers all over the place, something is just wrong with the world...

And you know what? When we were in Denver, that was before Darth Maul double-bladed lightsabers were even available... so that means we'll have the potental to be twice as obnoxious in Indianapolis! Not to mention that the week before the Celebration, all the Episode 2 merchandise - including a whole array of lightsabers (including a purple one!) - hit the stores.

I say again... anybody who just happens to be staying at that Comfort Inn for a reason other than the Celebration is going to be in for such a surprise...

22. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Gotta remember to stock up on the silly string as well. I will NOT be ambushed this time!

23. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    My friend(she is not a huge SW fan..yet) and I will be staying at the Comfort Inn Thursday night(really really late)...I don't know how I'm going to wake up on time...

Although from what I've read in this thread so far I'm sure that there will be enough noise early Friday morning, for me to make it just fine :D

24. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Jedilona, I'll make sure to blast Duel of the Fates at sunrise to get everybody's day off to a good start...

;)

25. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL
    That'll help!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.