main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comforted By The Innocent (pre-JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Title: One Apprentice, One Pathway Prologue: Comforted by the Innocent

Summary: Qui-Gon?s thoughts are lost in recent events but one tiny little boy distracts him?if only for a little while?

Time Frame: Pre-JA (By about 10 or 11 years I think)

Archive: If I already gave you permission, take it. If I haven?t drop me an e-mail- gingerninja85@yahoo.co.uk

Disclaimer: The boys belong to Mr G. Lucas. Not me. I just like to use them for angst, mush and other types of fan fics! :)

Author?s note: This is a bit of an introduction to my entire series. Short, sort of angst but with a wee bit of mush in there too :) It?s time I wrote something slightly less depressing methinks :D

He strode through the Temple with a speed that could not be matched by someone of lesser height nor probably even someone of matching or a greater length of legs. He moved with all the dignity and intent of someone who had a destination in mind but truthfully, Qui-Gon Jinn had no where to go. He was just walking. Walking as if such constant movement could cause the thoughts currently buzzing round his mind to sprout legs of their own and leave his already cluttered mind.

He passed by the large cafeteria, a classroom, another classroom, a gym, a sparring room and yet none of these could offer enough appeal for him to stop his aimless, yet thoughtful, march.

He marched into the Room of a Thousand Fountains without really noticing his unconsciously chosen path. He blinked hard as one particularly strong memory of Xanatos? betrayal shot through his mind?s eye. He opened his eyes and found himself standing in front of a large pond. He took a moment to realise that a figure was slowly wading into the water that sparkled and danced in the bright afternoon sunlight. Tears caused by his memory caught the sunlight in his eyes blurred his vision and Qui-Gon thought he was gazing a teenage boy. He was struck by a sense of familiarity although he did not associate it with Xanatos and he did not know any other boys of that youthful age.

Blinking hard again, Qui-Gon?s vision cleared and instead of seeing a teenage boy wading out into the waters, he saw a small boy. Acting on instinct alone, devoid of any conscious thought, Qui-Gon rushed down to the waters edge and grabbed the child. Qui-Gon was holding on to the child for a moment, before finding himself pushed firmly away with an uncontrolled and powerful Force shove. The boy cried out slightly and stumbled further into the water, clearly not suspecting someone to stop him. Before Qui-Gon could get himself firmly on his feet, the little boy disappeared beneath the surface of the water as he stepped beyond his depth.

Qui-Gon lurched forward and grabbed the struggling boy and hauled him up. The child coughed and gasped and within the space of a few seconds was sobbing. Qui-Gon held the wailing child out from him at arms length and winced at the piercing wails that erupted from the boy. A screaming, distraught child was definitely NOT what Qui-Gon needed at this particular moment. Qui-Gon wasn?t used to small children and when he was being truthful to himself, he admitted that he felt slightly overwhelmed in the presence of a toddler due to his lack of knowledge about caring for them. Children made him uncomfortable and nervous.

The child?s pitiful wails was beginning to disturb the other Jedi in the gardens so with a heavy sigh, Qui-Gon reluctantly drew the dripping wet boy close. Stiffly and emotionlessly, Qui-Gon rocked the boy. But with no warmth or comfort being offered the boy didn?t quiet down.

Qui-Gon took a deep breath, released his tension and mild annoyance to the Force with the success he hadn?t been able to achieve since Xanatos? actions on Telos, and sat down. Relaxing himself, Qui-Gon was able to offer the tiny, weeping boy in his arms comfort.

Now that he was actually paying attention to the boy, Qui-Gon realised his sobs weren?t just wordless wails. In fact the boy was howling ?Mummy!? over a

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    AAAAWW, how sweet. Great job!

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :D Awww... that was GREAT!!!! Sweet baby Obi... [face_love] :D

So there is more... :) ?[face_plain] :D ;)

4. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    That was soooo cute. I am actually weakened by how cute that story was. Keep up the good work all your stories rock!
    Felicia Z

5. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ohh... That was so sweet and good. [face_love] :D

Well, yes I was wondering why Qui-Gon's being an idiot in Brewing, but more importantly is...

Why aren't you posting in your other stories? HMMM??? Is it so hard to write a post in Brewing or the one where Obi's turns into a girl? No, I think not.

....Anyway, good story. But then you always write really good stories.

~Swede :p

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Jinkies! 'Tis my lucky day! I'm getting all new chapters and stories and even a post from Ginger_Jedi... I just may pass out.

Ah, the sleep of the innocent... well, innocent until they wake up again. Loved the story. Cute little Obi-Wan stories always seek and destroy all bad memories of my day. Thanks!

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks everyone :)

And you never know...maybe they'll be a post on Brewing in a couple of days or so...

10 DAYS TILL MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D Heh...I'll post before Christmas! Promise!

8. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Well, Happy Pre-Birthday, Ginger. :D

A post before Christmas. Ahh, that's a good X-tmas gift.

~Swede :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.