main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Comi-Con San Diego

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by kitchenvixen, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Hey all,
    Hello from sunny Claifornia. Anyone attending Comi-con in San Diego in July?
    This will be my famalies first year and we are excited.

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Not that I know of, but I really would like to go one of these years.... I know I would enjoy it. :) Welcome to our boards, by the way!

3. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I will be taking lots of picture and what not. SO I will post alink when we get back. Thanks for the welcome. In teh next few years our family will be relocating to North Carolina. We plan to make it our home. I hope to get to know some people before we move. What better way than on FF boards.

4. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Yes, welcome! I won't be attending, though...

5. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Girl, you don't want to be friends with these crazy guys...trust me, get a little blue milk in them and they just start acting wierd! :D

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Hey now! I resent that remark. We don't need any blue milk. Were weird all the time. 8-}

7. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    What will they do with purple milk.......j/k.
    This board seems much more friendly than the board here.

8. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Actually, we just APPEAR to be friendly to lure people here. Then, JediRiff starts using his Force lightning and our true faces show but then its to late and you pledge your allegiance to the Eastern Rim and all its teachings! [face_devil]

No, not really. :D

Seriously, Vixen, what part of NC are you guys thinking of moving to?

9. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    she's going to come live by me. We've already planned it all out, so back off, she's Jawahunter territory! :p We Marines stick together!

Besides, some might consider the abilities of the Rocky Mount boys to be "Unnatural." [face_shhh]

10. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I have already been claimed..woohoo!
    I don't know if I even want to knwo the nature of teh "un-naturalness".
    I wouldlive to come back to the Jacksonville area. Basically what we are waiting for is my husband to get soem good time in his new profession so he can get a job out there. He currently works for the phone company.

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    We have a couple of those, too.... (or three, actually)

12. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    most states have a few phone companies. He just stared in March ,so atleast a year then maybe we will see if he an get a job out there that has a comparable pay rate. We were going to move this year but were reluctant when my grandpa needed help, I helped for a few monsth when he got real sick. Anyhow, I am currently saving money for the move. My kids will probably have culture shock....but if we can have a good circle of friends it should be ok. I'd liek to live close enough to the beach to just go whenever.
    I ca transfer with my job whenevre I want...I am a stay at home mom.

13. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I work for Sprint, myself. I am a Network Switching Tech. Rocky Mount is actually the hub for a majority of the Mid-Atlantic states, so I would recommend starting a job search with the phone company here.

14. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Something you might want to note, I don't know if your hubby will be able to find a job at the same rate of pay that he's making now, but the cost of living here is probably much less than what it is in most of CA.

15. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I KNOW THE PAY RATE WILL DIFFER, BUT I THINK HIS EXSPERIENCE WILL LET HIM HAVE ABOVE ENTRY LEVEL PAY.

16. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I WILL LET HIM KNOW. :)

17. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Good luck to ya'll. NC is definetly a great place to live, and in all seriousness, Jacksonville is only a stones throw from the beach.

18. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I know, I was stationed there and so was the hubby/ But we lived in Verona...loved it there. Rural area back then.

19. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Rural area now - compared to Coruscant.

20. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    LOL you all are so nice.
    We want a rural area to call home. Thinking of coming out next year to lok at land or something.

21. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Well, Nash County is very rural. Your only about 40 minutes away from Raleigh(soon to be only 25 minutes after they finish the Knightdale bypass.) Course, its farther from the beach but it still doesnt take to long to get there, plus I think j9 has already claimed you. :) But if your hubby is in the same line of work as Riff, Sprint is here. Who knows, maybe he can be Riff's boss. :D

22. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Rocky mount is not so far from where I live now (Kinston), so I think if it would be better for your family, I give you permission to live there. :p

23. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Thanks you jkg_vader..................I think I have been claimed. :)

24. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Hey I just think it would be cool to be out in NC. Bonus if he gets great job. He loves what he does, deeply misses the Corps. though. I just need to be careful anout certain types of people. We lived in Texas and it was horrible because we are not of the same race.

25. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    kitchenvixen: Funny I always thought of it as the human race... don't get discouraged... people have a way of surprising you when you least expect it.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.