main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Comic and Toy Fair: Saturday 28th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    With the website down for so long, I thought I would post about the ?Comic fair? tomorrow.

When: Saturday May 28th, 2005

Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Where: McMahon Stadium
    Red & White Club
    1817 Crowchild Trail
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Artists who worked on various Star Wars Comics will be there signing works.

It is also a good opportunity to shop for figures and collectables. One year I picked up the 1977 movie poster.

Details at: http://www.members.shaw.ca/acca/

2. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Hey Dr. Haggis,

Still having trouble finding the Clone Commander?

If so, I saw HEAPS of them at the Toys R Us in the Notheast, so that must mean all the TRUs got their new shipments in. They also had the Deluxe Clone trooper with Jetpack, and Vader on the operating table.

If you don't find one at the show or elsewhere, drop me a note and I'll see what I can do for you.

Justin

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Is anyone going tomorrow? I'm going to check it out as I've never been to one. Will probably go around 10am (in case anyone is interested in meeting up).

4. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    On that note,

Just to let u guy know at Forest Lawn Cash Converters ( where work ) we have 3 collectable Star Wars Plate. and we are going to get more in the next month. here are the ones we have at the moment

Bwing plate
    Slave 1 plate

and there is 1 more that i cant remember what it is. If anyone wants them PM me, because i get 20% off :)

5. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    Is this just a Star Wars thing, or is it for a whole bunch of toys and comics?

6. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    It is not just Star Wars. It is all sorts of toys and comics. But it is notable that Doug Wheatley will be there. He did the art for the ROTS comic. Several other comic artists will be there too, as well as the usual collection of back issue comic dealers and people selling vintage and new toys and games. Worth the trip.

I will be there. Anyone care to meet up at noon for lunch?

I did pick up clone commander at the north TRU. They had lots!

7. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I've got golf at 10, but I'll try to swing by around noon - try me on my cell 827-**** and we can arrange to meet up. I will attempt to remember to turn it on!

8. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    We might be there too - I have an artist friend who sometimes goes to these, which is added incentive for myself. Not certain though.

Jen

9. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Sorry - had to change plans. Won't be at the con until after 3. Perhaps I'll still see some of you around.

10. Vicu

Vicu Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    I got the convention around 3 but didn't catch anyone from the chapter. I did however get to talk to artist Doug Wheatley and get an autograph from him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.