Amph Comic Book Character you'd like to see in a movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Or redone?

I'd like to see a Green latern flick. With today's CG, it would look great. As for which GL, Kyle is my fave. But I imagine any flick would have Hal, with the actual character being a mix...which would probably annoy some fans.
  2. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Green Lanter would be swell...only if he fought the evil baron of Meat Pies seen in comic "Green Lanter #3343234"

that or Warmachine or Iron Man.

dkt
  3. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I'd love to see a Green Lantern vs Sinestro battle, and Sinestro has the potential for a great screen villain.

I'd like to see and Iron Man flick too, but I keep hearing that Tom Cruise is trying really hard for the role, and frankly I'm getting sick of the guy.

Silver Surfer would be cool. I imagine there would have to be an origin chapter, but later on I'd like to see a one-shot comic called The Artifact made into a movie.

4. Darth-Lando Force Ghost

star 6
    I would LOVE to see a Preacher movie. Although to be done right it would have to at least be a trilogy. There is just too much stuff to cram into one movie.
  5. JediOverlord Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I too would like to see a Green Lantern movie,with Hal Jordan as GL. An Iron Man movie would be neat,as long as it isn't Tom Cruise as Tony Stark.
  6. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Definately an IRON MAN film. Also I wouldnt mind seeing a better version of Capt. America. And yes a Green Lantern film would be nice as well.
  7. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tom Sellack as Iron Man...Oh yeah

dkt
  8. CarrKicksDoor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nightwing. I think there's the potential there for a good story with enough exposition.

~Carr
  9. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If thay had done it 15 years ago he would have been perfect. Jes still a good choice but I think he might be too old now.
  10. gabe Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Green Lanter and Iron Man movies would rock. Selleck could still play Tony Stark, with the right storyline.

Most of all though, I'd like to see a Sandman movie. Something classy, unlike anything else we've seen before.
  11. Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would like to see a Lobo movie and an Evil Ernie movie.
    George Romero should do the Evil Ernie one with maybe Jake Gillenhall as Ernie.

12. ComicDiva Jedi Master

star 4
    DEADPOOL!

Oh fer crying out loud, they're making a Luke Cage movie! Deadpool so deserves his own cinematic debut!
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I want Dani from the old Marvel Star Wars comics. She was annoying as Sith for a while, but then, as soon as she stopped having a massive crush on all things Luke Skywalker, I started to like her...
  14. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Iron Man is an old favorite and I can't imagine anyone who could be a better fit than Tom Sellick. I know he's old, but did you catch his latest TV movie? He's still got the Coolness.

Plus, they could do Tony Stark in his later, alcohol abusing, physically impaired years. That's something we haven't seen.
  15. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Tom Selleck as Tony Stark is a great call! Not only does he look like Stark, but the guy can act.

We're supposed to be getting an Iron Fist movie, but I have not checked up on its development.
  16. somethingfamiliar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  17. The_Face Ex-Manager

star 5
    A Green Lantern flick would be great. It might be cool to set up Sinestro as a GL first, and then have him go bad in a sequel. If you do that, though, I don't know what villain the first one would have...

As for the big ringslinger himself, definitely Hal Jordan. Guy Gardner would be a fun minor character, though, if you went with the Corps.

The Flash is another one. He would be so incredible on film. I've given a little thought to this, actually. You could easily do a trilogy, thanks to Geoff Johns and his villain-rejuvinating magic.

Film 1: Captain Cold. Make sure he's distinct from Mr. Freeze by playing up his ruthlessness and weird code of honor. And use the Keystone PD, particularly Hunter Zolomon.

Film 2: This is the hard one. Gorilla Grodd could work, but it would be rough to translate to the big screen. Then again, King Kong was amazing...

Film 3: Now you bring out Zoom, since you've had the proper buildup. This thing would be epic.
  18. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

I'd love a Green Lantern film. It's tough trying to decide whether to go for Kyle or Hal though. Kyle's story works better if Hal is already there - his origin as a superhero is tied directly to Hal. But in my opinion, he's also the more interesting character. Hal, on the other hand, stands alone better than Kyle does. And I think that for American audiences, the character of Hal Jordan has a lot more appeal.
  19. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Also more people tend to know Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. Although a Guy Gardner GL would be cool also.
  20. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Joss Whedon is working on that.
  22. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Plus we can then have a sequel involving Parallax, if I remember my GL history correctly.

I want to see Thanos or Apocalypse in a movie.
  23. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think that the Parallax storyline would translate well to the big screen.
  24. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    The Golden Age Sandman. Wesley Dodds. If done seriously, would be quite enjoyable.
  25. BobaFrank Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Iron Man

The Avengers

The TICK

Silver Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.