main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Character you'd like to see in a movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I could see an ironman movie being ok, but i think i would like to see a Dr. Strange movie a bit more. Hell i could see a thor movie being kind of cool.

2. Cheetos

Cheetos Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    I agree with anyone who said Green Lantern. :D

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

The Losers probably has too long of a plotline for a movie, but it might make for an awesome minsiseries. Actually, with a half decent director and some decent actors, it would make for an awesome movie.

4. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Definatly the Flash. I even enjoy the Flash show from 15 or so years back, I'd love to see what they could do now with CG.

Seeing Thanos on the big screen would be sweet, but I don't see it ever happening. Nightwing too :(

5. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Green Latern, Flash, Iron Man, Tintin, Nightwing (although it would basicly be Batman lite, maybe have Robin and Nightwing team up).

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Nightwing is most certainly not Batman lite.

7. lordstarscream

lordstarscream Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2006
    i would like to see MOON KNIGHT get his own movie

i know a lot of people have told me that he is just a rip off of batman...but thats not true marvel made a great character and i think a moon knight film would be great

8. lordstarscream

Jan 17, 2006
    how about captain america :)

the 1990 movie was not really all that bad...i say ,if they make a new cap film here is how they should do it....first of all they should set the entire movie during WORLD WAR II
    the reason is well because he was born and created during the time of war,,to become a symbol fighting the nazis...i dont really think we need a bucky though in the film.(but seeing a young sgt nick fury would be great).but you have to have the red skull in it :) it could show cap fighting during the war and also possibly having a cameo of the invaders..(i would love to see that)

then the end of the film we have the final showdown between cap and his nemisis the red skull ..we see cap trying to stop the rocket headed for the white house but it gets diverted and crashes into the artic cueing 65 years of suspended animation..then have in 2006 have tony stark and shield find cap and thaw him out and thats the end of the film, then bring on part 2 which takes place in the present fighting with iron man and the avengers against the revived red skull and hydra :) thats how i would do this :)

9. lordstarscream

Jan 17, 2006
    the flash show was awesome!!! i just got the dvd set last week love every minute of it

10. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    A Flash movie would be cool. The TV show was pretty good for the time. Its actually on DVD now. I wonder which Flash they would use, Barry Allen, Wally West or Bart Allen (Post Infinite Crisis Flash Suposedly)

11. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

For all those who want to see a Captain America/Iron Man/Avengers movie, just FYI, Mark Millar's The Ultimates is being made into a direct-to-DVD animated film.

12. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Comic Book Character you'd like to see in a movie?

I just want to see Gambit in an X-Men film and not have him changed too drastically from the comics.

13. Kryptonian_Sith

Kryptonian_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2005
    The third Robin; Tim Drake.

His first story was perfect for a movie. He went to France at Batman's behest to train under a martial artist there. He was sidetracked when he attempted to rescue a girl from a gang (who Turned out was a member of the gang) and ended up hooking up with a former CIA agent looking for revenge upon the gangs leader, a crime lord by the name of Sir Edmund Dorrance, a blind and respected business man and had several legitimate business ventures, but he got most money from drug trade, A.K.A. The Kingsnake, the deadliest man alive. While on the run from the gang Robin and the ex-CIA guy (his name escapes me at the moment) run into Lady Shiva, who is respected by Batman as the deadliest martial artist/assassin in the world. She picks up Robins training and aides them in finding Dorrance. They soon learn that Dorrance is planning to release the bubonic plague (a Nazi made version that never saw the front lines during the World War's) on an unsuspecting Hong Kong. At the stories end Mr. CIA and Robin are seperated when they storm Dorrance's building in Hong Kong. Robin makes it to Dorrance only to find that Mr. CIA has been killed by Dorrance in his vain attempted to avenge his family. Robin then manages to knock Dorrance out a window by tricking the blind criminal. Dorrance managed to hold on to a ledge after falling out, and when Robin came to investigate Shiva appeared, telling him to kill Dorrance. Robin refused and turned away.

It's perfect for a movie! Action and a story! What more could you ask for?

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'd love to see the Avengers done, but in any case, if a superhero film is being done JJ Abrams must be tied up and tortured until the film is released, lest someone put him within spitting distance of it. [face_plain]

I think a JLA movie would also rock, but be huge in terms of the production.

E_S

15. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    The MIGHTY THOR!

Preferably a young version in the same type of story as the recent Son of Asgard mini-series (ie more grounded in the designs and armour) with Balder, Sif and Loki... and the all-father Odin.

16. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Well, if the Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman series do well, I'd love for the series to wrap up with a crossover.

17. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Eron Osa from Psychohistorical Crisis. Hell, bring everyone from that book in there. We need something set in the 751st century...

18. Honor_And_Liberty

Honor_And_Liberty Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Green Lantern and Iron Man would be a dream come true if done well (though that's askin' a lot ;)).

19. bobafett_1fan

bobafett_1fan Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    Green Lantern would be cool! Though I would also like to see a Thor movie and an Weapons X movie

20. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001

I don't think I'd enjoy that. I'm one of those rare few who feel Batman has no business joining a team like the Justice League. Not that I don't like the comics or cartoon. But it's totally against his character. It also pulls him from the darkness and dirt of Gotham after midnight, and drags him into the daylight where his persona losses all of it's power.

21. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'd love to see a Thor epic. A true hero's journey, starting with his youthful days, his conflict with Loki, his banishment to Earth, his life as Donald Blake, etc.... They would need to get a really great fantasy director behind it, though.

Also, I'd love to see Joss Whedon adapt his Fray comic book series as a film. The Buffy mythos combined with a gritty sci-fi setting... Here's hoping. [face_praying]

22. Darth_Hoser

Darth_Hoser Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2004
    For anyone who wants to see an Avengers movie, The Ultimate Avengers is an animated movie released striaght to dvd not too long ago and features Cpt.America, Thor, Ironman, Giant Man, Wasp, Black Widow and The Hulk.

23. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    I'll agree with Green Lantern... maybe a Green Arrow as well? ;)

24. EvilYoda

EvilYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    GL is a good one. Iron Man is already in the works. How about Dr. Strange or Dr. Fate? I also wouldn't mind seeing Darkseid in a Superman film at some point.

25. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Here's hoping we see him in the sequel to Superman Returns. I love Lex, but he's been the villain in four out of five of the Superman movies. It's time to showcase another villain from the comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.